Barge Capsizes on Mississippi River; ...

Barge Capsizes on Mississippi River; 2 Missing

There are 31 comments on the ABC News story from Apr 8, 2014, titled Barge Capsizes on Mississippi River; 2 Missing. In it, ABC News reports that:

A Mississippi River barge overturned while unloading steel coils in northeast Arkansas on Tuesday, and authorities were searching for two people who fell into the water and went missing.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ABC News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#1 Apr 9, 2014
Hope they find them.
Praying

Cabot, AR

#2 Apr 9, 2014
Praying for the family an Friends an coworkers
Praying Today

Trumann, AR

#3 Apr 9, 2014
We can all say a prayer for them and their families!
worried

Fort Worth, TX

#4 Apr 9, 2014
Has anyone heard any news on the guys that went over board? Praying for the families. Its really sad.

Trumann, AR

#5 Apr 9, 2014
What are their names?

United States

#6 Apr 9, 2014
Prayers for ones lost. An evening more prayers that this wasn't my cousins boat or crew as he watched a fellow barge go down in 30secs an unable to do anything. Prayers to the whole kender Morgan family an those brave men who gets off this land an puts in work to get materials up an down the river everyday. God bless the families. Don't know what I done if my big cuz was took. Soon I heard a barge capsized I just knew he was working that area yesterday I was so scarred.

Manila, AR

#7 Apr 9, 2014
If they haven't found them by now, it looks like it could be a grim ending. very tragic.
Not buying

Dexter, MO

#8 Apr 9, 2014
guest wrote:
Prayers for ones lost. An evening more prayers that this wasn't my cousins boat or crew as he watched a fellow barge go down in 30secs an unable to do anything. Prayers to the whole kender Morgan family an those brave men who gets off this land an puts in work to get materials up an down the river everyday. God bless the families. Don't know what I done if my big cuz was took. Soon I heard a barge capsized I just knew he was working that area yesterday I was so scarred.
You're so full of $¥ it. I'm sure you "really" care about your so called "big cuz". Go away $€! Tty troll.
guest2

United States

#9 Apr 9, 2014
guest wrote:
What are their names?
no one knows they haven't released the names yet until they are found.
john charles simmons

Willard, NC

#10 Apr 9, 2014
my mom goes with the 2 mens friend my mom told me. the 2 men missing their names r shorty nd nicholas i know i dont leave there anymore but my prays r with the family nd friends
Hum

Trumann, AR

#11 Apr 9, 2014
Problem want never find them ,if they were in the barge
concerned

Mountain Home, AR

#12 Apr 9, 2014
Does anyone have any new information on who the two men were and what happened.our prayers are still going out for the two and their families.
GuestIII

West Memphis, AR

#13 Apr 9, 2014
They were both Hispanics, Juan and Nicolas. Juan is married with 5 kids, and Nicolas is married, wife is in Mexico. The 3rd man that was able to hang on and survive, though watched everything, is Benjamin. Prayers for everyone's family who are going through this tough time.
amy

Forrest City, AR

#14 Apr 10, 2014
I heard Tht they're now thinking the men ended up below the barge or underneath/at bottom of barge? Smthn like Tht. Smthn to do with the way it was unloaded Tht caused this. I don't know many details tho... sry.

United States

#15 Apr 10, 2014
Not buying wrote:
<quoted text>
You're so full of $¥ it. I'm sure you "really" care about your so called "big cuz". Go away $€! Tty troll.
You are the troll.
farm boy 1

United States

#16 Apr 10, 2014
My prayers go out to the family's and to all the family's that have family members working on that river it has no mercy and especially right now I seen it the morning this took place and it was full and moving like a freeway so to the families that have people working on the river tell them to make sure they wear there life vest and would be great if they could tie off a safety rope to the boat!
old man river

Trumann, AR

#17 Apr 11, 2014
farm boy 1 wrote:
My prayers go out to the family's and to all the family's that have family members working on that river it has no mercy and especially right now I seen it the morning this took place and it was full and moving like a freeway so to the families that have people working on the river tell them to make sure they wear there life vest and would be great if they could tie off a safety rope to the boat!
your a dumb ass it was a barge not a boat !! and what good would a safety line do ? if the barge sinks it takes you and the line with it !!!!!!!!!!
local

Haslet, TX

#18 Apr 11, 2014
Possibly when the barge is finally lifted, maybe they will recover the 2 victims. Otherwise, they must be downstream somewhere. Either way, it is a very sad tragedy. So sorry for the families.

Since: Sep 10

Osceola Ark.

#19 Apr 11, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the troll.
Some people are so mean to say things like this when they things like this happens.Don't pay any attention to these losers and don't even comment and they may just go away, Hope you get some good news.

Jacksonville, AR

#20 Apr 11, 2014
old man river wrote:
<quoted text>
your a dumb ass it was a barge not a boat !! and what good would a safety line do ? if the barge sinks it takes you and the line with it !!!!!!!!!!
No need to be rude and hateful. Shame on you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mississippi County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sun Paper to open bio-products mill in Arkadelphia May 24 George Rollins 1
News 'I ain't resisting, bro!': Cops drag black man ... Apr '16 Guest 28
News Leachville PD to buy ankle monitors to track no... (Sep '15) Dec '15 town man 3
News Big River Steel Mill Rises in Northeast Arkansas (Nov '15) Dec '15 guest 18
News Hypocrite of the week: John Correnti, state wel... (Jul '14) Nov '15 geeman 4
News Steel company closes finances on mill in Missis... (Jul '14) Nov '15 pootin 5
News Blytheville police chase ends in officer-involv... (Oct '15) Nov '15 guest 5
More from around the web