Mississippi County weighing options t...

Mississippi County weighing options to collect fees from Blytheville

There are 20 comments on the KAIT-TV Jonesboro story from Feb 1, 2012, titled Mississippi County weighing options to collect fees from Blytheville. In it, KAIT-TV Jonesboro reports that:

BLYTHEVILLE, AR - The Mississippi County Quorum Court is weighing options on how to collect the jail fee owed to the county by the city of Blytheville.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KAIT-TV Jonesboro.

Due bill

Mexia, TX

#1 Feb 1, 2012
The vultures are circling.

THANKS BARRY!!!!!!!!

North Little Rock, AR

#2 Feb 1, 2012
city has $1 million projected excess revenue for 2012. county better grab that cash as it becomes available!!

Caraway, AR

#3 Feb 1, 2012
Due bill wrote:
The vultures are circling.
THANKS BARRY!!!!!!!!
I think james sanders is the mayor now not barry. all james on this
one thank you !
I O U

United States

#4 Feb 1, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
all james on this one thank you !
From the 2010 audit:

NOTE 6: Accounts Payable
The accounts payable balance at December 31, 2010 is composed of the following:

Description General Fund Street Fund

Vendor payables $ 620,790 $ 96,217
Payroll taxes payable 21,226
Totals $ 642,016 $ 96,217

Pretty big hole to dig out of.

Redfield, AR

#5 Feb 1, 2012
Auditor does not have the authority to arrest anyone.They can only make reccomendations what happened and who is responsible for it.
Well

Jacksonville, AR

#6 Feb 1, 2012
http://www.kait8.com/story/16652480/mississip...

thought Sanders had all this worked out

United States

#7 Feb 12, 2012
I say make the city pay up for the jail fees and the landfill fees.take whatever means necessary.Or cut them off plain and simple.They had an agreement with the county jail fees with the county,hold them to it,or cut them off.
Same old stuff

Red Oak, TX

#8 Feb 14, 2012
They're just gonna send a nasty lawyer letter.
Get in line

United States

#9 Feb 17, 2012
Too late now.
Gotcha

United States

#10 Feb 17, 2012
More to come so stay tuned.
yep

Jonesboro, AR

#11 Feb 17, 2012
county and city officials work hand in hand fleecing the tax paying citizens with more fees, taxes, ordinances, rules, and regulation. And only enforce them on some people while ignoring the select members of their in it for me club. get ya a scanner and listen to the ones being pulled over for traffic violations--take note of the just a warning for folks whose names you recognuize. Then they pull over another person for the same reason, they get a citation.. and the cops and the county have been very busy lately writing tickets, when they aren't tied up checking on a business where a silent alarm has gone off for a private business that should hire their own security people to check on the alarm system sold by them and they make the profit.

North Little Rock, AR

#12 Feb 17, 2012
COUNTY WIDE FLEECING:

Economic Development Tax

United States

#13 Feb 18, 2012
County full of arrogant dumasspriks that think the towns are here to support them instead of the county here to support the towns. That backwardsass thinking is putting everyone in jeopardy.

“truth is a three edged sword”

Since: Jan 11

Babylon 5, Epsilon Eridani

#14 Feb 18, 2012
county lost one option when the irs placed that lien on the city
Missco Resident

Little Rock, AR

#15 Mar 28, 2012
Hey Judge Carney, Mayor Sanders signed a contract. It's not our fault he's stupid enough to give away the farm and now can't pay. His dumb decisions are Blythevilles problems now. Quit negotiating and MAKE HIM PAY! Stop transferring money around MAKE HIM PAY we need our money NOW
moneez gone

Lake City, AR

#16 Mar 28, 2012
Carney, Sanders, Mosleys,Jones, Harrison,Council, Houseworth,all hand in hand, and hands in our pockets while they smile on the way to the bank.

“Girls and Guns Club”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#17 Mar 28, 2012
Wait till you see what else Blytheville is going to be held accountable for. Blytheville stopped paying a few more debts while Barry was in office and that is why the IRS swooped in. They owe more than people know about. Blytheville will never get those liens off their back because as soon as the IRS lets go there is another big fish waiting to slap a lien on anything they can get their hands on until Blytheville pays the debt owed.
Can't tell you anymore but stick a fork in Blytheville because it is done!
OCD

Searcy, AR

#18 Mar 29, 2012
sOOzy wrote:
Wait till you see what else Blytheville is going to be held accountable for. Blytheville stopped paying a few more debts while Barry was in office and that is why the IRS swooped in. They owe more than people know about. Blytheville will never get those liens off their back because as soon as the IRS lets go there is another big fish waiting to slap a lien on anything they can get their hands on until Blytheville pays the debt owed.
Can't tell you anymore but stick a fork in Blytheville because it is done!
Why would they wait, you can have multiple liens filed against you, heck, you probably have. If thecity owed me money I would want to get on the list if what you say is true, of course the truth has never slowed you down.

“Girls and Guns Club”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#19 Mar 29, 2012
Face it people! Blytheville's GLORY days are gone!
If you don't think so, just take a drive across Big Lake Bridge and keep going on 18 till you get past Jonesboro.
Not again

Searcy, AR

#20 Mar 29, 2012
sOOzy wrote:
Face it people! Blytheville's GLORY days are gone!
If you don't think so, just take a drive across Big Lake Bridge and keep going on 18 till you get past Jonesboro.
When you get past Jonesboro you have Bono and Sedgwick, it doesn't take much to entertain you does it. How are you doing with Ritter?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mississippi County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'I ain't resisting, bro!': Cops drag black man ... Apr 14 Guest 28
News Leachville PD to buy ankle monitors to track no... (Sep '15) Dec '15 town man 3
News Big River Steel Mill Rises in Northeast Arkansas Dec '15 guest 18
News Hypocrite of the week: John Correnti, state wel... (Jul '14) Nov '15 geeman 4
News Steel company closes finances on mill in Missis... (Jul '14) Nov '15 pootin 5
News Blytheville police chase ends in officer-involv... (Oct '15) Nov '15 guest 5
News Police: Man ordered 'hit' on ex-girlfriend from... (Mar '15) Aug '15 SMH 8
More from around the web