3rd DUI Could Impact Case In Fatal Crash

3rd DUI Could Impact Case In Fatal Crash

There are 1 comment on the KELO-TV Sioux Falls story from Mar 26, 2012, titled 3rd DUI Could Impact Case In Fatal Crash. In it, KELO-TV Sioux Falls reports that:

Forty-six-year-old Michael Sedlmeier is facing a laundry list of charges from this weekend's deadly crash in Mitchell that killed nine-year-old Iszabella Morgan, including his third DUI.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KELO-TV Sioux Falls.

Since: Mar 09

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

#1 Apr 11, 2012
Why doesn't anybody discuss this here? A life was taken due to drunken driving. In addition it's strange to me that two kids get thrown out of the vehicle and nobody seems to ask how this could happen if the kids had used the seat belts....

There should be a campaign against DUI - and I don't mean selling t-shirts. There should be discussions in school about it. Victims should talk to the soon-to-be drivers to tell them that a license comes with responsibility and a car can be as much a fatal weapon as a gun.

We should bring these facts - that everyone already knows but never thinks of - back into the discussion. Wish driving under the influence of whatever substances would be discussed in schools, clubs, families. Laws will never keep people from doing wrong - they just tell you what will get you in trouble if caught in the act.

What keeps people from doing wrong - in this case drink and drive and maybe drive without using the seat belt - is when they just don't do it because they are disgusted of the pain and grief they could cause for the victims and everyone involved directly or indirectly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minnehaha County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Minnehaha County Arrest Mugshots and Criminal R... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Michael 2
News Barth: Stronger DUI response needed (Jan '14) Jan '14 realist 2
News Father of victim: Toughen penalty for DUIs (Nov '13) Dec '13 SNJ 4
News Altamont man gets two years for diaper, sex arr... (Apr '10) Mar '11 Anonymous 4
News Noem Briefed On Flooding (Mar '11) Mar '11 Fairen Balanced 1
News Hull Domestic Assault Injuries (Jan '11) Jan '11 Meve Steyer 1
News Argus 911: Sioux Falls man accused of stealing ... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Fairen Balanced 1
More from around the web