Mingo's hero may be a myth

Oct 18, 2013 Full story: Charleston Daily Mail 40

AFTER a gunman shot and killed Mingo County Sheriff Eugene Crum in broad daylight in Williamson last April, the praise for Crum was overwhelming.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
mingo girl

Charleston, WV

#1 Oct 18, 2013
god rest his soul, but he was a myth .. using the "Sheriff" name to cover up his own drug use .. shame shame!
the best

Elkview, WV

#2 Oct 18, 2013
This is realy bad they covered everthing up
shame

Man, WV

#3 Oct 18, 2013
His drug screen was negative. It was in the paper. So glad this was not my family. People in Mingo are vultures.
Hmm

Seymour, TN

#4 Oct 18, 2013
Maybe it was maybe it wasn't cover up is Mingo County's hottest commodity...
Loudmouth

Lenore, WV

#5 Oct 18, 2013
shame wrote:
His drug screen was negative. It was in the paper. So glad this was not my family. People in Mingo are vultures.
that drug test was prob conducted by one of their BUDDIES ...lol my opinion
Crum

Williamson, WV

#6 Oct 18, 2013
Loudmouth wrote:
<quoted text> that drug test was prob conducted by one of their BUDDIES ...lol my opinion
Do you really think the medical examiner is a buddy?
Crum

Williamson, WV

#7 Oct 18, 2013
Most people would not believe the word of a convicted drug dealer like George White.
Ginger

Gilbert, WV

#8 Oct 19, 2013
Crum wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really think the medical examiner is a buddy?
. At this point, anything is possible!!
Loudmouth

Lenore, WV

#9 Oct 19, 2013
Ginger wrote:
<quoted text>. At this point, anything is possible!!
..Thanks.....I agree....and where is this report ..Who has seen it ...NOT me ...so why should I believe anything anyone says at this point... correct....and it is very possible he was drug free at that time and may have been for days months and even years who knows....a lot of the info ...being stated about him is past I believe ..and yes people can say whatever about someone who is not here to defend themselves ...kinda not fair ...and really who would believe anything any of these squealers are saying ...I would have to have real hard PROOF to believe them after all the DIRTy things they DID... but most of these accusations are lining up with each others accusations... somehow they FIT... my opinion ....
Happy Momma

Gilbert, WV

#10 Oct 19, 2013
shame wrote:
We have yet to see proof that his drug screen was negative. But, if it was, isn't it possible that maybe, just maybe, he decided it was a good time to stop popping pills since he was being investigated by the Feds and all? And we all now know, at the time of his murder, he was a target of the FBI.
road runner

Charleston, WV

#11 Oct 19, 2013
they got to blame shit on somebody so they blame it on somebody that cant talk back thats how mingo co works
Investigator

Huntington, WV

#12 Oct 19, 2013
Happy Momma wrote:
<quoted text>
We have yet to see proof that his drug screen was negative. But, if it was, isn't it possible that maybe, just maybe, he decided it was a good time to stop popping pills since he was being investigated by the Feds and all? And we all now know, at the time of his murder, he was a target of the FBI.
FYI, buying or popping a pill is only a misdemeanor. I doubt Crum was laying awake at night worrying about a misdemeanor.
Happy Momma

Gilbert, WV

#13 Oct 19, 2013
Investigator wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI, buying or popping a pill is only a misdemeanor. I doubt Crum was laying awake at night worrying about a misdemeanor.
But "buying and popping pills" wasn't his only concern. What about the "campaign contributions" from the good ole dr? And money laundering? I'm sure he wasn't sleeping too well. And if I was the "hero" of Mingo county, I'm sure any kind of drug charge would have me a little worried.
askrose

United States

#14 Oct 19, 2013
just ask rosie. rosie is around and may know about her husband
drugscre

United States

#15 Oct 19, 2013
who did his drug screen
road runner

Charleston, WV

#16 Oct 19, 2013
thats what I am saying he cant worry cant take up for his self cant say it is a lie....but the ones in trouble that are living can sit and say yep damn sure did do it
billy

Chapmanville, WV

#17 Oct 19, 2013
]<quoted text>
so, its ok for a drug crusader such as this guy was portrayed to buy or use drugs cause it was only a misdemeanor??.. that logic escapes me.. if raping a 19 yr old girl who was 3x legal limit drunk wouldnt keep him awake at night, what would?
Investigator

Huntington, WV

#18 Oct 19, 2013
Happy Momma wrote:
<quoted text>
But "buying and popping pills" wasn't his only concern. What about the "campaign contributions" from the good ole dr? And money laundering? I'm sure he wasn't sleeping too well. And if I was the "hero" of Mingo county, I'm sure any kind of drug charge would have me a little worried.
You bring up the alleged "campaign contributions" and "money laundering" by Shafer. Campaign signs sold for about $3.00 per sign. If Shafer paid "hundreds of thousands of dollars" for campaign signs as the federal agent claimed to get the search warrant, then Crum would have had over 66,000 campaign signs. Mingo County does not have close to 66,000 people, households and telephone poles in Mingo County. White certainly would not be worried about $3,000 if White made "hundreds of thousands of dollars" from making campaign signs. Shafer, White and Thornsbury had every reason to lie on Crum and others.
mee

Dandridge, TN

#19 Oct 19, 2013
Investigator wrote:
<quoted text>
You bring up the alleged "campaign contributions" and "money laundering" by Shafer. Campaign signs sold for about $3.00 per sign. If Shafer paid "hundreds of thousands of dollars" for campaign signs as the federal agent claimed to get the search warrant, then Crum would have had over 66,000 campaign signs. Mingo County does not have close to 66,000 people, households and telephone poles in Mingo County. White certainly would not be worried about $3,000 if White made "hundreds of thousands of dollars" from making campaign signs. Shafer, White and Thornsbury had every reason to lie on Crum and others.
White worked for Shafer he collected rent for her. She helped start his sign bus.
Peter Gosinya

Southern Pines, NC

#20 Oct 19, 2013
Who cares about a MADE UP "drug test". ALL the 'team mingo' men had male shit on their dicks. ALL QUEERS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mingo County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prostitution arrest made in Town of Delbarton Thu Finally the facts 107
Swine & Bovine Feb 23 The Butcher 1
Mingo County Fire Chiefs Association applying f... Feb 15 LMAO 2
Drug problem getting worse for Mingo County Feb 11 whaaaaat 10
roads Jan 30 just saying 1
Wreck At Lenore ,,Coal truck Hits Car Jan '15 Wondering mind 1
Our View: Good things happening in Williamson Jan '15 Robert 2
More from around the web