Messer found guilty of murder

Messer found guilty of murder

There are 242 comments on the Appalachian News Express story from Jan 12, 2007, titled Messer found guilty of murder. In it, Appalachian News Express reports that:

After less than three hours of deliberation, a Mingo County Circuit Court jury convicted a 20-year-old Kermit, W.Va. man on two counts of murder yesterday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Appalachian News Express.

from a true creekgirl

Dublin, OH

#214 Aug 11, 2010
someone wrote:
I do know this form the article.
"... two West Virginia State Police troopers and Kermit's former police chief, testified that the two victims, especially Gauze, had reputations throughout the community for violent behavior."
I don't think anyone here was there that night so you don't know what happened either. All you know is what you have been told just like all I know is the information reported in the paper.
It is a fact that the two had reputations for violence and it would not be far fetched to say there were threats made an/or a physical altercation leading up to the tragic shooting.
Nobody is innocent in this.
All I am saying is look at this from both sides and not just one.
aman
whatever

Holden, WV

#216 Aug 12, 2010
let someone break in on your home and see what happens... no one knows what they will do until it happens...
beth newsome

Dublin, OH

#218 Aug 12, 2010
whatever wrote:
let someone break in on your home and see what happens... no one knows what they will do until it happens...
people can say all the shit they want about my brother an buck cause da jokes on u cause its people like u dat helps us keep their sprits alive talkin shit all da time thanks
howsad

Prestonsburg, KY

#219 Aug 12, 2010
beth newsome wrote:
<quoted text>people can say all the shit they want about my brother an buck cause da jokes on u cause its people like u dat helps us keep their sprits alive talkin shit all da time thanks
are you the one saying are melvins friend and walters sister,cause i know this is not one of bucks sisters?..You have the same ip as the one talking about your own brother
beth newsome

Dublin, OH

#220 Aug 12, 2010
howsad wrote:
<quoted text>are you the one saying are melvins friend and walters sister,cause i know this is not one of bucks sisters?..You have the same ip as the one talking about your own brother
yea my is walters baby sister an very proud of my brother but melvin isent the only 1 in all this their where other people their 2 an my know them all [ever dog has its day belive dat]
Lee

Yucaipa, CA

#221 Aug 12, 2010
beth i dont know about anyone else but i for one can not understand anything you are sayin
someone in kermit

San Antonio, TX

#222 Aug 12, 2010
CREEK GURL wrote:
randall was a friend of mine and so was the two guys he killed he done it on self defense and im sad that the other two are gone but they deservced it..
THEY GOT JUST WHAT THEY NEEDED A BULET
someone in kermit

San Antonio, TX

#223 Aug 12, 2010
john doe wrote:
<quoted text> I think that the person who said this is a dumb ass walter was a great person i loved to death randall is a bitch
IM SORRY YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.YOU MUST HAVE BEEN A WALTER SUCK. HE WOULD HAVE SOON KILLED YOU THAN TO LOOK AT YOU. THE OTHER BOY CAME FROM A GOOD FAMILY AND JUST GOT MIXED UP WITH THE WRONG PEOPLE AND GOT KILLED.IF THE MESSER HADNT KILLED THEM THEY FOR SURE WOULD HAVE KILLED HIM .YES HE KILLED THEM AND HE SHOULD PAY BUT NOT MURDER.AS FAR AS IT GOES MARROWBONE IS BETTER OF
someone in kermit

San Antonio, TX

#224 Aug 12, 2010
Jennifer Richardson wrote:
i think you need to get a life and stay out of my families. nobody deserves to die. Why was they a punk because they kicked your A**??? Bucks 2 daughters are only 7. they never even got to know their daddy. for you to sit behind your computer and talk shit about 2 dead people. Lord please have mercy on you, Buck was far from suckin, so keep that sh** out of your mouth. As for telling Randall good job!! Go to Mount Olive and tell him that in his Jail cell. I am sure he would enjoy some company other than big bubba giving it to him for a change.get a life and let my brother rest in peace!!!
he should have been at home with his children and that wouldnt have happened to him.but he chose to run wild with walter and see what he got
someone in kermit

San Antonio, TX

#225 Aug 12, 2010
Firsthand wrote:
Well, they ain't "restin' in peace" as you put it. If you call wallowing around, gnashing your teeth and beating demons off of you "resting" then I would hate to see your definition of "work". They are in hell. They were punks, they liked to bully people, but usually only weaker people. I believe that you show your character when in the same sentence that you use "Lord have mercy" you cuss and swear. Messer may be sitting in a jail cell, but at least he has a chance to get out some day, and at least he does have the chance to make his peace with God. Your brother split the lake of fire wide open when his eyes closed and he gave his final breath. Now, you shut your mouth afore' I give ya' a good slappin' around.
i read all the comments and i have to say you said it best i got a good laugh
Lee

Yucaipa, CA

#226 Aug 12, 2010
Does people not care that there are families involved? This world is slowly coming to a sad sad end...What if this were to happen to you? We live in a cold cold world...My heart hurts for the innocent who cannot defend themselves on here....There's moms an dads without kids....Kids without daddy's...Alot of people who do not need to be involved are...Why do some not care...
someone in kermit

San Antonio, TX

#227 Aug 12, 2010
sorry wrote:
<quoted text>i thank you for taking up for my family,but you have it backwards. chapman was already dead in the hallway,walter was the one at the front door,and he was in fact alive when they got there and they secured the scene the police did, and did not let the emt's inside.now if i am scared of someone and thought they was coming there to kill me. why would i let a whole gang inside the door.chapman down the hallway,walter standing at the door,sonya sitting on the couch,and josh and jamie right there also. if i was afraid for mine and my FRIENDS(dope friends) life i would have not even let them in the front door,but chapman was already dead when they got there. the first shot TO THE BACK killed him. the second shot was uncalled for. After chapman got killed walter turned to run,and they shot him twice,but he would have made it the examiner said,if the police let the emt's inside. this is such a nive security area huh. you cannot even trust the police these days
this is one time i can say way to go cops
Jennifer Richardson

Prestonsburg, KY

#228 Aug 13, 2010
someone in kermit wrote:
<quoted text>he should have been at home with his children and that wouldnt have happened to him.but he chose to run wild with walter and see what he got
Look,I am a strong christian woman now,so i apoligize for all the bad sayings i said on this thread,but by no means is an excuse for his babies..They are wonderful and cannot help their daddy's mistakes in life..yes everyone has mistakes,sadly his life ended the way it did,but I and along with MY family are dealing with it,and I put everything up to God.So instead of everyone talking about it,just please pray for the ones living,because the dead know nothing,the ones left behind is the ones who have to deal with it.Melvin randall,i do believe,has asked for forgiveness and is right with God.SO Why is everyone going on about this?
ex-ridgerunner

Old Town, FL

#229 Aug 13, 2010
In Florida, we have a "stand your ground" law, you have the right to use deadly force if anyone comes on your property threatening you or trys to pull you out of your vehicle or confronts you in a menacing way in a public place. You can pll it up on the net, Florida statute 776.013 says a person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself. This is a good law that bullies should know about, maybe they would think before trying to jump on everybody. Too bad other states dont have it.
knew all 3

South Point, OH

#230 Aug 13, 2010
i didnt want to comment on this because i think it just needs to be deleted but the more i read it brought back memories of all the boys, i ran around with all of them some. i liked them all. yeah buck and walter were rough and done alot in the past, randell was a good kid until a few months b4 all this happened, then he was right there with the rest of em. they might have threatened him but they were invited to the party, bringing a case of beer. randell was scared to death ran to the bathroom, didnt even give those boys a chance to say anything, he came out shooting..those boys were coming to party and hang out. i also really do think tommy should be in jail, he knew that randell was scared shitless and would shoot them b4 anything had a chance to start ..those boys didnt have a clue what was goin on. as for ashley and the rest was there, its a shame they keep the truth from everything! it will come back on them. randell did kill them, no it wasnt self defense at all, it wasnt even his house..just scared to death because of what tommy talked it up to be. he could hace just left. these boys did NOT deserve to die. and they would do anything for you if they liked you. i really do believe that the others there are more at fault than walter, buck or randell.. i hope the families find peace because its soo sad. for all especially the kids!! rip boys..luv you!!!
Princess011

Thaxton, VA

#231 Aug 25, 2010
i think everybody should just leave my cousin alone if i ever needed him would have been there for me and now because of two a**holes my cousin is locked up for good i'll never get to see my again and walter would have gotten it anyway if melvin wouldn't have done it someone else would have so stop talk about it and leave him alone and go on with your lives and quit actin like lil babies
A Person

Logan, WV

#232 Nov 19, 2010
-All of you people who don't know melvin randall , Should just keep uerr noses out of it . He did what he had to do , And it wast taking up for hisself . He saved my life my mom's my brother's and my sister's life and he is like a step dad to me and if he hadn't done what he had done then i wouldn't be here right now typing this message . Would you guys please just stop talking about himm meanly it just hurts me to think that i will never see him again . and if you don't then you all cn go crawl under a rock and diee . Btw if you don't know any thing LEAVE IT ALONE .
well i know

Chapmanville, WV

#233 Nov 19, 2010
if it wasnt for him we would have our family at least his family can go visit the peice of shit we can only vist a damn headstone.......he was a coward and took the cowards way out.....lil boy trying to be a badas*......you wanna talk about hurt honey you have know idea what hurt is until you are burying someone you love......
rider

Marquette, MI

#234 Nov 21, 2010
rider

Marquette, MI

#235 Nov 21, 2010
"MINGO MESS BAFFLING TANGLE" The Charleston Gazette, Editorial; Pg. P4A, July 03, 1997.
In which we hear of the appointment of a coroner who had been convicted of bribery and who supposedly had been married to a Henry Vinson, a mortician who had operated a "call boy" service utilized by White House officials
This is the hook into a long story.
We now turn to some news stories that appeared in the Washington Times more than a decade ago, but apart from a few having to do with Barney Frank, these stories have never generated much attention. We then recover as full a story as can be constructed from accounts in the press, in chronological order.
"'CALL-BOY' SERVICE PROSPERS USING HIGH FINANCE, HIGH TECH," Paul M. Rodriguez and George Archibald , The Washington Times, June 20, 1989
In which we see Henry Vinson's name first surface, along with Robert Chambers, a funeral director, who operated a call boy network that laundered money through umbrella organizations in the District of Columbia area, Florida, Kentucky and West Virginia.
"POWER BROKER SERVED DRUGS, SEX AT PARTIES BUGGED FOR BLACKMAIL," Michael Hedges and Jerry Seper, The Washington Times, June 30, 1989
In which we learn of Craig J. Spence, who arranged midnight tours of the White House, threw lavish parties for the famous and powerful where cocaine was generously served, spent $20,000 a month on male prostitutes from a D.C. prostitution ring, and bragged of connections to the CIA, whom he worried might kill him and then make it look like a suicide.
"RNC CALLS SCANDAL A 'TRAGIC SITUATION,'" George Archibald and Paul M. Rodriguez, The Washington Times, Friday, June 30, 1989
, The Washington Times, July 18, 1989
In which we hear of the connections between Motoo Shiina, groomed to be a future prime minister of Japan, and Craig Spence: how Spence had made more than $700,000 from Shiina's Policy Study Group, and how Spence had refused to pay back a loan made by Shiina for the purchase of Spence's house.
"First lady not worried about hookers' tour of White House," Paul Bedard, The Washington Times, July 10, 1989
In which we learn that First Lady Barbara Bush was not concerned about the security questions raised by midnight White House tours, but did think it good that the Washington Post had not followed the Times' story.
"Secret Service furloughs third White House guard ," Jerry Seper, and Michael Hedges, The Washington Times , July 26, 1989
"SEX PARTY HELD AT AUSSIE EMBASSY 'WE'RE NOT TALKING CROCODILE DUNDEE HERE,'" Spence arrested in N.Y., released; Once-host to powerful reduced to begging, sleeping in park, Michael Hedges, and Jerry Seper, The Washington Times, August 9, 1989.
"Sex sold from congressman's apartment: Frank's lover was 'call boy,'" Paul M. Rodriguez and George Archibald, The Washington Times , August 25, 1989.
"Sex sold from congressman's apartment: School used as base for sex ring," George Archibald and Paul M. Rodriguez, The Washington Times, August 25, 1989.
"THE GOBIE STORY: Frank's 'call boy' tells all," George Archibald, "IN DEATH, SPENCE STAYED TRUE TO FORM," Michael Hedges, and Jerry Seper, The Washington Times, Monday, November 13, 1989.
Craig Spence is found dead in a Boston hotel room. Near his body is a newspaper . Friends of Spence reported that he had claimed the CIA used the call boy service to compromise other federal intelligence officials and foreign diplomats. Jerry Seper, and Michael Hedges, The Washington Times, November 13, 1989.
In which we learn how slow had been the federal investigation into the allegations swirling around Craig Spence. Spence himself had been handed a subpoena more than two months before his death, but was never called to testify. Officials of the Reagan and Bush administrations, identified in The Times as having used the call-boy service, "Prostitutes corroborate Frank stories," Paul M. Rodriguez, The Washington Times, February 2, 1990.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mingo County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News WFD denied lease of ambulance - Aug 25 Thomas 3
News Mingo Man To Be Sentenced for Raping 5-Year-Old... (Sep '08) Jul '16 Shouldadun urjobg... 151
David Tidwell and John boy Jun '16 dreamer 2
News Investigation underway into discovery of body i... May '16 Nosie 9
News Pot plants found in Williamson May '16 Longtime Wmson Re... 8
Who's gonna take Magistrate in Mingo 2016? May '16 Cheermomma 1
News Coalfields Regional Job and Resource Fair May '16 CoalDrill 1
More from around the web