100-year-old Wisconsin Walmart greeter shoved by customer? The facts change

Full story: TwinCities.com

The Milwaukee County district attorney says the woman who was accused of injuring a 100-year-old Walmart greeter and then taken to jail won't be charged.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of126
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Since: Feb 08

Craigville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2010

Judged:

Wow, a 100 year old racist greeter.
Age is no excuse for stupidity.
Mixed Chick

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2010

Judged:

Why is a 100 year old working? This old gal should be home enjoying her retirement.

As far as her racist comment, most people are racist to some degree, and if you could hear what many blacks say about whites you'd let this one go....unless, of course, you were the intended target.

Many non-whites have plenty of nasty things to say about white people so get over it...we live in a racist world. This doesn't, however, excuse her employer from not providing proper training.

To The Old Gal, If you can't handle diversity definately avoid Walmart.
disco

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2010

Judged:

40for60 wrote:
THe old woman grew up in a time where blacks still sat in the back of the bus. I think elderly people are more racist because of what they were taught and told.
Blame the MEDIA

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2010

Judged:

Sometimes it is best to not report a story until the truth comes out......it mostly inrages the bad mouths and the race baiters and the idiots.

What do folks think now that the real truth came out? they have nothing to post because they can't bait folks anymore.
just candid

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2010

Judged:

My black friends use the "N" word all the time. Funny how they get pissed off when I call them that. lol When they call me a white assed cracker I laugh and ask , "what the hell you want 'N' boy/girl."
WBL

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2010

Judged:

disco wrote:
<quoted text>
THe old woman grew up in a time where blacks still sat in the back of the bus. I think elderly people are more racist because of what they were taught and told.
I remember being in a situation, with my Great Aunt and Uncle, in the 70's,(I was about 18 then) when they made an offensive comment to what was going on, which was really nothing.. I bristled up at their reaction, and my mom grabbed me and took me aside, and explained that they grew up in a very different era than I did.. It formed quite alot of acceptance in my ongoing life..
Storm Warning

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2010

Judged:

40for60 wrote:
so how old are you ?
Notmammal

Fremont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2010

Judged:

Any race is going to look upon another race as "you people." It's a core, natural inclination to maintain racial cohesion. If it weren't so, there wouldn't be any races by now.
Martin

River Falls, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2010

Judged:

Speelman's behavior is typical of her type of people.
Slim

Broomfield, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2010

Judged:

Storm Warning wrote:
and of course just because some filthy jerk makes this excuse then we are all supposed to instantly change our tune and dump all over this old lady, most groids are foul mouthed violent and stupid just like the race traitors who molly coddle them.
I hear banjos!
GreenPartyPatrio t

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2010

Judged:

I'm pondering this question... should 100 year old bigots get a pass on conducting racial profiling of "difficult people to deal with" like "Mexicans, Spanish and colored people" for Wal-Mart? I say... they're old... Let racists be racists! Just let us all see the video of the old woman falling!

“Sustainability Now!”

Since: May 08

Vadnais Heights

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2010

Judged:

Wow, we have a gigantic Clash of the Stereotypes going on here! First, we get the stereotype of the sweet old grandma, brutalized by a low-life thug --- so we all comment on how awful, what-is-this-world-coming-to, et cetera.

THEN we learn that "grandma" is a tried-and-true old racist, profiling the customers she arbitrarily stops to "verify" that they are not stealing -- so now we vilify the elderly employee.

Stereotypes are SO much easier to deal with than Facts. We "already know" everything about the stereotypes, but have to actually learn the facts of each case. Stereotypes are intellectual laziness!

P.S. to WBL: I know EXACTLY what you mean. My sweet old grandmother used the n word routinely, and NOT playfully! Since she passed on before any of my children were born, I never had to try to explain "what grandma said" to them. I never had to reconcile my love for my doting grandmother with raising children into an accepting world.
Rev Al

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2010

Judged:

I am shocked too! The sista waited this long to play the race card!
LOL

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2010

Judged:

disco wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you think keeps the naacp and rev. al in business.
Jilly

Hudson, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2010

Judged:

I believe the greeter has violated one of many of Walmarts policies. I am waiting for the story of her firing.... And granted, at her age I understand the racial issues but it is still not acceptable.
Enough

Stillwater, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2010

Judged:

Ignorance can be cured at any age, however enlightenment should be doled out with understanding.
Firefighter

Somerset, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2010

Judged:

You got 2 choices when strangers act uneducated...throw gas on the flames or throw water. Metcalf chose gas, thus her problems. If she just laughed at the racist old lady, she would have went on her way peacefully. Freakin simple...
ooooga boooga

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2010

Judged:

40for60 wrote:
Wow a black thug beats up on an old woman... say it ain't so...

Her is a clue for you quisling... blacks are FAR more racist than whites....
Editor in Chief

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2010

Judged:

"The facts change"

The facts did not change. Facts cannot change.

It's called sloppy reporting when you print stuff that's not true.

And it's asinine to print a headline like that.
S Freud

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2010

Judged:

Slim wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear banjos!
How long have you been hearing banjos?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of126
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••