Harley leaving Milwaukee: After 107 years, Harley could leave Milwa...

Full story: Fox6

It's the roar that made Milwaukee famous -- the distinctive throaty rumble of a Harley-Davidson motorcycle.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 48 of48
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
MJG

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

I live in Texas but Harley belongs in Milwaukee like Longhorns belong in Texas. But if the union realy wants to help the workers the have work with management.
bigdog

Spring Grove, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

BUY USA wrote:
Buy Victory
Made in Mexico!
Jim

Jackson, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2010

Judged:

It's a shame what unions have done to industry
in this country. It's too bad they can't leave
instead. They are a cancer on America.
John Q

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2010

BUY USA wrote:
Buy Victory
Soon to be made in....ready for it, MEXICO.
Jarvis

Waukesha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2010

Judged:

When the average worker is making over thirty dollars per hour what do you expect. A Harley is only a statis symbol. Cut the wage to ten dollars per hour and watch the workers scream. Thats what I make. The union will drive Harley out of the state because the workers are to greedy.
FedUp

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2010

Judged:

Don't let the door hit you in the arse! Take your union thugs, doyle and barrett with you!
2sheds

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2010

Judged:

You can quit your union bashing and liberal bashing. Harley got itself in trouble by financing overpriced bikes to people who couldn't afford them just like the housing market gave out loans in an over priced market. Now the new CEO wants to recoup losses on the backs of the work force. Harley was way fat, they spent money like a drunken sailor, air freighting parts to be machined, advertising the "lifestyle", putting in rarely used facilities (video studios, etc),
hiring outside firms on no compete contracts... folks they were fat. All the while the Harley faithful buys merely adequate bikes (they are better than the old bikes but not by much), HD closes Buell (too innovative), and sells MV Augusta (why did they buy them anyway, oh yeah HD was fat) and they continue promote "the Harley individual", as long as they all dress alike, act alike and swear allegiance to the bar and shield. It's great to be an individual as long as you do it collectively I guess.
The Union needs to make some concessions I agree, but so does the company. Left to management, they would move production to China. Oh by the way, I was a Harley owner for 20 year, but I got better.
bigdog

Spring Grove, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2010

bigdog wrote:
<quoted text>Made in Mexico!
Victory is already made in mexico. Don't believe me? Check toe website.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 48 of48
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••