Harley leaving Milwaukee: After 107 y...

Harley leaving Milwaukee: After 107 years, Harley could leave Milwa...

There are 48 comments on the Fox6 story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Harley leaving Milwaukee: After 107 years, Harley could leave Milwa.... In it, Fox6 reports that:

It's the roar that made Milwaukee famous -- the distinctive throaty rumble of a Harley-Davidson motorcycle.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox6.

Billy Cowan

Carrollton, GA

#22 Aug 4, 2010
Well there is another slap in the face for the working man. Big Corporations only have one thing in mind $$$$$$$$$$$$$. It is a shame that the History of Harley Davidson can be ruined by the almighty dollar. For what they cost its hard to believe that they could be having this sort of a problem. Looks like there will be 1630 new Honda Riders coming soon.
screw um

Neenah, WI

#23 Aug 4, 2010
I have had 2 Harleys 1 new and 1 1948 panhead the panhead was a good bike the new ultra classic was a overpriced POS.
Let um go, see if the make it another 100. Also union dicks need to get a clue 20+ an hour to turn a machine on or push a broom in nuts. Have the unis try the reel would and see
Bruce Silverman

United States

#24 Aug 4, 2010
The unions are killing this countr and forcing companies to move elsewhere, especially overseas. It's time for everyone to take a deep breath and rethink what they really want. Union wages and benefits have gotten out of control and companies are forced to go overseas to remain profitable. A lot of Harley parts are already made in China, are you going to start making the last great American motorcycle there too????
Kathy

Indianapolis, IN

#25 Aug 4, 2010
Maybe the problem isn't Labor!
some of these companies need to update to modern mainstream economics of marginal utility approach and not use the outdated Marxian concept of labor theory of value. Direct labor costs probably are not being calculated right is why the stock is the way it is.
John

San Jose, CA

#26 Aug 4, 2010
With "only" 1600 jobs in the manufacturing, it seems like some state agency could make a financial tax or other arrangement to keep the legend in Milwaukee. It would take a lot of creativity to make it happen, but seems like a big enough issue that deserves the effort.
roy shacklett

Columbia, SC

#27 Aug 4, 2010
there is not but one motorcycle and that is harley davidson,several companys has tried to copy the look the sound,they have everyway they could to copy the best.wherever harley relocates to they will still be the top of the line bike.
Milwaukee Mike

Milwaukee, WI

#28 Aug 4, 2010
Fonzie did NOT ride a Harley ...
Kentucky Rider

Owensboro, KY

#29 Aug 4, 2010
We have been riden for years on Harleys great bikes. would love to have move down here. Laber is cheaper dont need no union there are a lot of peaple in this country would be happy to have a job. unions are a thing of the past. If a man cant make a liven on 20.00 hour he needs to change life style. We need H D to stay in USA.
james mongello

Westerville, OH

#30 Aug 4, 2010
another economic hit bytyhe uaw morons-they have killed every industry they were ever into.the workers should throw out these local bosses who strangle companies.
Geno

Providence, RI

#31 Aug 4, 2010
I forgot to mention that Texas also does not after labor unions. Combine that with low taxes and incentives, it'd be a great place. Do it in Dallas. At least it snows there every once in a while so all those from Milwaukee that relocate will feel at home. Of course they won't like that there's no union. Oh well. The price you pay for lower costs...
Geno

Providence, RI

#32 Aug 4, 2010
I meant "I forgot to mention that Texas also does not HAVE labor unions."
John Q

Milwaukee, WI

#33 Aug 4, 2010
Oh heck...lets not get all upset. Keith Wandell will STILL get his bonus money like last year ($6.2 mil)and the front office will STILL cry about labor costs.

Seriously, when is someone going to tell these multi-million $$$ executives ENOUGH!!! YOU are the reason companies are going under. YOU get YOUR bonus money no matter what, and then move on to yet ANOTHER town, destroy it, and repeat the process.
abcndeh

Eugene, OR

#34 Aug 4, 2010
Maybe if Harley-Davidson had better quality control instead of CEOs that were just the for the dollar the loyal bikers would be replacing their older bikes with new ones. When a CEO says he is sent to charm school so he can smile and tell a customer to go #$%^& themselves in so many words it is pretty disenchanting. Harley has to get back to customer service to servive.
Gilly

Edgerton, WI

#35 Aug 4, 2010
Dale M - Texas wrote:
I thought the Fonz rode a Triumph on HAPPY DAYS
For the most part he rode Triumphs, yes. There were a few HDs as well
No longer a Harley Rider

Ontario, CA

#36 Aug 4, 2010
"In addition, the Company announced its expectation for full-year 2010 gross profit margin of between 32.0% and 33.5%." HD financial report

Great, I guess the management needs to cut labor costs so they can line their pockets. F- HD, you'll get no more of my money
Heller

Cascade, MT

#37 Aug 4, 2010
I want Harley to do what is best for Harley. Ride on Brothers!!!
Big Jim

Yuma, AZ

#38 Aug 4, 2010
If there is no way out of not moving from Milwaukee then Yuma, Arizona would be the place to go. You can ride year round.
James Madison

Gastonia, NC

#39 Aug 4, 2010
Fk Obama and his Union thugs. Leave the state and leave them high and dry!
Organized labor is the enemy of a free nation and free markets!
BUY USA

Moline, IL

#40 Aug 4, 2010
Buy Victory
weaver Tucson

Tucson, AZ

#41 Aug 4, 2010
Dale M - Texas wrote:
I thought the Fonz rode a Triumph on HAPPY DAYS
He Did!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Milwaukee County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bouraxis, Paul Jul '15 Joseph 1
News Scott Walker Approved Pro-Immigration Reform Lo... Jun '15 goonsquad 64
News Weird news: Thomas Sancomb, a 'dead' man comes ... May '15 wichita-rick 4
News A Scott Walker-related case could be before the... May '15 Tazo 1
News Right-wing destroying Wisconsin's proud history (Mar '14) Mar '15 Almost amish 8
News Identities of bodies found after fire not revealed Mar '15 JJackPro 1
News Walker blasts Clinton's use of personal email Mar '15 Responsibility 10
More from around the web