Wisc. County Mulls Benefits for Families of Gay Public Workers

Jul 7, 2011 Full story: EDGE 6

Milwaukee County, in the state of Wisconsin, is poised to extend benefits to the families of gay and lesbian public employees, local radio station WTMJ-AM reported on July 7. At present, the families of married full-time county workers may receive health coverage.

Full Story

DNF

“Religious Freedom to Marry”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

#1 Jul 7, 2011
Sadly I think the $700,000 estimated price tag will be the big factor. Of course the cost the State incurs for heterosexuals in the Govt employ will be ignored. As will the salaries of the Gov. the State Legislature and all State County and municipal elected positions.

They'll cut teachers, police and firemen before they'll cut their own salaries. And benefits.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#2 Jul 8, 2011
Can you say "sold out" ?
What-WI a spousal State

West Bend, WI

#3 Dec 25, 2011
This angers me to no end...

First of all I am a HOMO partner to a man for 8 years and I can not receive any benefits!

Secondly..my Girlfriends partner just DIED on Hwy 41/45 unexpectedly and she is facing enormous "legal issues" because she was not married to him...even though she spent the last 22 years living with him and sharing EVERYTHING!

I have been behind her all the way fighting her "legal' battles as far as her rightful ownership..

NOw the state wants to grant Gay rights .....and make it legit...when a woman who has been with the same partner for 22 years can not be given the same and equal rights...

Hello .....what is wrong with this picture...
WI a spousal State

West Bend, WI

#4 Dec 25, 2011
Forget about Gay Rights...

If the Gov. is going to Give rights to the Gays....they Better give rights the "Legit" partners as well..

What the hell!!!

DNF

“Religious Freedom to Marry”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

#5 Dec 25, 2011
What-WI a spousal State wrote:
This angers me to no end...
First of all I am a HOMO partner to a man for 8 years and I can not receive any benefits!
Secondly..my Girlfriends partner just DIED on Hwy 41/45 unexpectedly and she is facing enormous "legal issues" because she was not married to him...even though she spent the last 22 years living with him and sharing EVERYTHING!
I have been behind her all the way fighting her "legal' battles as far as her rightful ownership..
NOw the state wants to grant Gay rights .....and make it legit...when a woman who has been with the same partner for 22 years can not be given the same and equal rights...
Hello .....what is wrong with this picture...
Your friend and her partner had 22 years to make legal arrangements, many not available to gays and lesbians. I feel for her and her pain, but your anger toward gays and lesbians is misplaced.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#6 Dec 25, 2011
WI a spousal State wrote:
Forget about Gay Rights...
If the Gov. is going to Give rights to the Gays....they Better give rights the "Legit" partners as well..
What the hell!!!
Back to school for you.

Rights aren't "given". They are innate freedoms.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Milwaukee County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
County Supervisor Willie Johnson Jr. named pres... Sep '14 Bill Lackland 1
Milwaukee Co. sheriff's captain accused of drun... Aug '14 Drunken Davin 1
Walker largely silent of late on same-sex marriage Jun '14 Tre H 17
Poet Maya Angelou remembered at memorial service Jun '14 Fa-Foxy 1
Judge strikes down Wisconsin gay marriage ban Jun '14 Le Jimbo 3
Milwaukee courthouse staying open late after ma... Jun '14 slenderman 3
Blood Sucking Welfare Ssi Foodstamps Housing H... (Oct '12) May '14 Torrid 2

Milwaukee County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE