Miller county students learn a powerful lesson just in time for prom

May 3, 2009 Full story: WALB-TV Albany 49

Thursday Miller County law enforcement today gave teens a powerful lesson, that could save their life.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Only in Colquitt

Moultrie, GA

#1 May 15, 2009
Only in Colquitt, Ga can the Pride and Joy can break the law and the Board of Education overruled the Principle and staff decision. Miss Leadership/Miss FFA and associates break into school glue locks to classrooms which had to be cut open and The Criminals will not be charged. Miss Leadership will graduate with HONORS... Yet Two other less popular students broke into school and stole $24.00 and were suspended.
This Speaks mountains about Colquitt and The Leaders this Community.
Just Me

Hawkins, TX

#2 Jul 11, 2009
I couldn't agree more. As a student of Miller county myself I find this extremely distasteful and it deos speak a lot about how our town is run.
cant believe this

United States

#3 Nov 3, 2009
What is wrong with you people??? Why in the world would you want to talk about a CHILD???

Since: Oct 09

Boston, GA

#4 Nov 4, 2009
cant believe this wrote:
What is wrong with you people??? Why in the world would you want to talk about a CHILD???
They are not talking about a child here! These are young adults not CHILDREN !
jug - a - lug

Blakely, GA

#5 Nov 7, 2009
911isajoke wrote:
<quoted text>
They are not talking about a child here! These are young adults not CHILDREN !
child or not, right is right and wrong is wrong!!!! regardless who your parents are, what is good for the goose SHOULD be good the for thre gander, NOT!!!!!!!
I am wondering

Enigma, GA

#6 Nov 18, 2009
what will happen at the end of this year and the seniors do damage to our new k-12 facility. I bet what they do will be worse because they know they wont get punished. If they do get punished I am sure their parents are gonna raise hell cause the others werent sufficiently punished. Having to spend a week in ISS and clean up their mess dont seem like much punishment if you ask me. If these are the types of characteristics that Miss Leadership/Miss FFA possess, she wont get very far in life. What's she gonna do when she does something super cool and stupid at college and her parents dont have enough clout to get her out of it?? She should have been stripped of her titles and got her ass beat by her parents. That is what would have happened under school/BOE leadership from years past. David Richardson would not have stood by and let crap like this happen - neither would Mr. Cason. Wimps in leadership is what MC has. Also, parental tolerance and who you know on the school board, go to church with or kiss ass with, is part of the problem these days. After all, didnt her parents allow all the kids to party and get drunk almost every weekend at their house? Seems like I heard about other parents having to go out there and get their children who were too drunk to drive home. Guess the apple really dont fall too far from the tree.
Heartbroken

Live Oak, FL

#7 Dec 4, 2009
I live in MC and have for a number of years and it is who you know and where you live and all that. My son got into a little trouble and was banned from Colquitt for two years and put on probation and can noy come home at all for the holidays and what happened to the other parties (NOT A THING) imagine that and these people will have to answere for how done him one day. I forgive all those involved and wish them a Happy Thanksgiving and Wonderfull Christmas and New Year all those specail holidays and birthdays that I am missing out on. Its all you know know in MC.
just wondering

Heath Springs, SC

#8 Dec 4, 2009
Heartbroken wrote:
I live in MC and have for a number of years and it is who you know and where you live and all that. My son got into a little trouble and was banned from Colquitt for two years and put on probation and can noy come home at all for the holidays and what happened to the other parties (NOT A THING) imagine that and these people will have to answere for how done him one day. I forgive all those involved and wish them a Happy Thanksgiving and Wonderfull Christmas and New Year all those specail holidays and birthdays that I am missing out on. Its all you know know in MC.
Define "little" trouble
concerned citizen

United States

#9 Dec 4, 2009
There were too groups that "pranked" the school that night. One group which consisted of 2 girls and a boy are the one that damaged the buildings!!! The one ya'll are calling names did not do any physical damage that cost money to the school. What I want to know is why come she didnt get in trouble when she was decorating the school with posters and all that at NIGHT for the football team. The principal sure didnt mind then. The problem I see is that people are jealous of people that have MANY achievements under their name!!! I happen to know her parents really well and they are by NO means butt kissers! They are good people who would help and do anything for anyone.
wondering too

United States

#10 Dec 4, 2009
concerned citizen wrote:
There were too groups that "pranked" the school that night. One group which consisted of 2 girls and a boy are the one that damaged the buildings!!! The one ya'll are calling names did not do any physical damage that cost money to the school. What I want to know is why come she didnt get in trouble when she was decorating the school with posters and all that at NIGHT for the football team. The principal sure didnt mind then. The problem I see is that people are jealous of people that have MANY achievements under their name!!! I happen to know her parents really well and they are by NO means butt kissers! They are good people who would help and do anything for anyone.
That is what I heard also. Miss FFA/Leadership is a good person. I dont think there was anything wrong with what she did. It was the group of three who did all the damage of glueing the doors shut.
Heartbroken

Perry, GA

#11 Dec 10, 2009
just wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Define "little" trouble
He WALKED into the fire department and used the restroom and got two bottles of water and then after that him and this girl-friend was both writing letters to each other and they got him for stalking and he spent one night in RYDC last year went to court Bannned him from Colquitt for two years and probation two years, the girl's legal guardians were concerned, they did not like him and these two was in the same grade and same class one one period, my son got the boot and she got nothing cause of who her aunt and uncle are. Thats ok, God knows all what happened and the truth will comw out one day cause your past will come back to haunt you years and years later. I don't blame the girl she is an innocent and was in love the adults were trying to get rid of my son one way or another and they did for two years. They took my life for two years and I fight everyday to make it to he can come home. Hes not able to come home for the holidays and missed out on his little sister growing up and everything specail with his family. But I forgive all those involved and next year he will be off but nothing can replace the two years that they took from me and my family. That's the little trouble he got into and had it had been someone else NOTHING would have been done. This boy pulled a gun on a girl in Miller County and his step dad is on the sheriff's depatment he got off and look what happened to the Miller County Liberal!!!!
Try this

United States

#12 Dec 10, 2009
Heartbroken wrote:
<quoted text> He WALKED into the fire department and used the restroom and got two bottles of water and then after that him and this girl-friend was both writing letters to each other and they got him for stalking and he spent one night in RYDC last year went to court Bannned him from Colquitt for two years and probation two years, the girl's legal guardians were concerned, they did not like him and these two was in the same grade and same class one one period, my son got the boot and she got nothing cause of who her aunt and uncle are. Thats ok, God knows all what happened and the truth will comw out one day cause your past will come back to haunt you years and years later. I don't blame the girl she is an innocent and was in love the adults were trying to get rid of my son one way or another and they did for two years. They took my life for two years and I fight everyday to make it to he can come home. Hes not able to come home for the holidays and missed out on his little sister growing up and everything specail with his family. But I forgive all those involved and next year he will be off but nothing can replace the two years that they took from me and my family. That's the little trouble he got into and had it had been someone else NOTHING would have been done. This boy pulled a gun on a girl in Miller County and his step dad is on the sheriff's depatment he got off and look what happened to the Miller County Liberal!!!!
There is more to the story than you are telling.
Heartbroken

Perry, GA

#13 Dec 11, 2009
Try this wrote:
<quoted text>
There is more to the story than you are telling.
THAT IS WHAT HAPPENED AND THAT IS HOW OUR SYSTEMS WORKS I PAID $106.00 FOR THEM TO CHANGE THE LOCKS AT THE FIRE DEPARTMENT AND MY BROTHER WAS A VOLUNTEER AND GOT KICKED OFF HOW UNFAIR IS THAT!!!!! HE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT AND MU SON WAS CHARGED WITH TRESSPASING FOR THE FIRE DEPARTMENT TRIED TO MAKE MORE OF IT BUT THEY WAS NOT NOTHING ELSE BUT THEY WALKED IN A USED THE BATHROOM AND GOT TWO BOTTLES OF WATER AND LEFT. MY NEPHEW IS STILL IN JAIL FOR THIS BUT HE WAS ON PROBATION AND THEY STUCK IT TO HIM BECAUSE OF HIS PAST RECORD. SOME WELL KNOWN PEOPLE IN COLQUITT CAN BREAK THE LAW AND NOTHING BE DONE TO THEM BECAUSE OF WHO THEY ARE OR WHO THEY KNOW, BUT ME I AM A MOTHER OF TWO AND MAKE A HONEST LIVING AND DON'T BLOW MONEY AND POWER AROUND LIKE OTHER PEOPLE DO. THEY CAN'T TAKE IT TO HEAVEN WITH THEM AND THAT IS ONE PLACE THAT MONEY , POWER, AND FAME WILL NOT MATTER. ALL ARE EQUAL IN HEAVEN HOW WILL THEY ACT THEN????? WHAT DO YOU KNOW OF THE SITUATION??? NOTHING!!! I WAS THERE AND KNOW HOW WHAT HAPPENED NOT REALLY SURE WHY BUT EVERTHING HAPPENS FOR AREASON AND I ACCEPT THAT AND I HAVE MOVED ON AND SO SHOULD ALL THE PEOPLE INVOLVED IN THESES SITUATION ACCEPT THAT WE WILL CAN NOT CHANGE HOW OUR SYSTEM WORKS FOR CERTAIN ONES AND NOT OTHERS JUST PRAY CAUSE PRAYER WORKS. HOPE THAT THIS HAS HELPED YOU IN YOUR MISSION THAT THERES MORE TO THE STORY CAUSE THAT IS WHAT HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!
Red

Blakely, GA

#14 Dec 11, 2009
i agree 100% with u , it's all about money in this little town and we poor folks do not stand a chance if our children make a mistake, they will pay and thats way it should be, you pay for your mistakes and hopefully learn from them.
Voter

United States

#15 Dec 12, 2009
You should remember this when you go to the polls to vote. Those in the positions that seem to keep the same thing going on over and over again - you need to vote for whomever is running againist them. I hear the Sheriff will have opposition the next time he runs. So go vote and make a difference. Right now I know several county commissioners that are trying to make a difference and they get accused of a frontal assault on the Sheriff's office. Do you see how it works? You try to bring stuff to light and they start to accuse you of the bad stuff. THE POLLS that is where it all counts.
BVB

United States

#16 Dec 12, 2009
Nearly Four months after opening a K-12 School on 996 Phillipsburg Road. while Principal of K-12 School, Robert McIntosh .Assistant Principal ,Frank Killingsworth and Tina Brooks .had keeping a school safe.
While a Elementary and Middle/High Regular Ed. Teachers, K-12 Librarians (Sherry Calhoun, Glenda Cook,and Dottie Vandroe),K-12 Psychical Education Teachers (Coach Robert and Marianne Melton and Coach Timothy Kay Martin),K-12 Special Education Teachers. Although had four separate parking lot Including Faculty (including Teachers , Paraprofessionals, Custodium,Officers,and Lunchroom Workers),Student's own parking at P.E. Building and Bus parking. Middle/ igh Students had no business entering Elementary building.
BVB

United States

#17 Dec 12, 2009
The New K-12 School looks like New Bainbridge High School,Baker County K-12 School (while Gymnasium is added),SGA and more while old Middle/High School (originally called Bethel School) is now officially home for BOE Office ,Adult Education Program, and Alternative School .like old Elementary Building is Vacated for position. even old Adult Education program and Alternative School on Main Street is vacated for position.
FACTS

United States

#18 Dec 14, 2009
I AM GLAD THAT THE BOE IS GOING TO HAVE THE PROM THIS YEAR @ COTTON HALL....WONDER WHO IDEA THIS WAS???
What

United States

#19 Dec 15, 2009
BVB wrote:
The New K-12 School looks like New Bainbridge High School,Baker County K-12 School (while Gymnasium is added),SGA and more while old Middle/High School (originally called Bethel School) is now officially home for BOE Office ,Adult Education Program, and Alternative School .like old Elementary Building is Vacated for position. even old Adult Education program and Alternative School on Main Street is vacated for position.
Can someone tell me what this person is trying to say. Makes no sense.
same idea

United States

#20 Dec 15, 2009
when did the boe get to make decisions about prom? wasnt there a big to do about prom last year? a teacher wasnt going to let a child go!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Miller County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Colquitt Co. deputy's home burns (Jun '14) Jun '14 Kitty 1
selling Class C drugs (May '14) May '14 Big Ammmmmy y 1
Trashy white girls (Apr '14) Apr '14 jus saying 2
Mom and Daughter sexing the same dude aint they... (Jul '13) Jul '13 ole girl 2
Ga. school board wants to oust Miller County board (Mar '12) May '13 MILLER CITIZEN 4
Colquitt businesses upset about new tax (Dec '11) Feb '13 professor 8
New school board for Miller County (Oct '12) Oct '12 lol 1
More from around the web