Midland standoff ends with 1 dead

Midland standoff ends with 1 dead

There are 1 comment on the El Paso Times story from Oct 27, 2008, titled Midland standoff ends with 1 dead. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

A man who allegedly threatened his wife and a police officer was shot and killed Monday as police said he turned toward them with a pistol in his hand at the end of a brief standoff.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

TEXASCJ

Hobbs, NM

#1 Oct 30, 2008
Ok people, what have we learned here? Thats right. Very good, Im so mproud of ya'll. If you point a gun at an officer of the law you will get a hot one put in your ass.
Suicide by cop is the most severe of all malfunctions of the human spirit. These men and women have chosen to enter a field in which violence is a constant. Yet they are willing to sacrifice their own lives to protect us. Im sure the fine officers involved in this tragedy, the tragedy being they will never forget taking a humans life to protect a stranger as well as their own not the dumbass being shot, would much rather have found a diplomatic and safe way to resolve this. But until we take full credit for our own actions and resort to more useful and very available means to overcome family and social problems that we bring on to ourselves, the heros that are out there risking it all for OUR community will inevitably have to spend the rest of their lives wondering if the choice they made to fire upon an ARMED and obviously UNSTABLE citizen was the right choice. Well, was it? You bet it was. The initial victim was the wife. Now her life i certainly changed and probably not for the better although the criminal in this case wont be bothering her physically, he certainly will be stalking her emotionally for the rest of her life. The entire police department especially the officers involved are victims also. No doubt that any investigation will go no further than this mornings cup of coffee, they too will be victimized for ever.

And to the officers involved, as a member of this community I want to apologize for my part in decay of our community and society all together. We should all be more involved instead of self absorbed. Ive lived in my house for five months now. I cant tell you my neighbors names. I cant tell you if they are happy or fighting every night at the bottom of a bottle or glass pipe or just simply fighting because they have nothing better to do. For this I am sorry and I pledge to make a difference. If we all policed ourselves and help our neighbors and friends when they are having the worst day of their life then maybe, just maybe, we solve a whole bunch more than just crime.

If that man could have just talked to a friend that cared or a minister or the frickin paper boy, he may have had an opportunity to form a different percpective on his " reality". He would be alive today and there would be four less victims in our society.

So before any of you bleeding heart liberals take your trash to the officers or the police department and accuse them of excessive force, just remember any one of us could have prevented this from happening. But now you want your voice to be heard against our heros. Im not a violent man but I wouldnt have a problem popping one of you clowns in the mouth if I hear you say anything but " thank you for your service and sacrifice may God bless you and give you the strength to find peace in this cycle of man destroying man and everything around him"

Thats my opinion. It should be yours as well.

Eddie Saleh

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Midland County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sheriff warns of threats from ISIS, says Qurans... (Sep '14) Sep '14 kuda 7
News Assisted Living Facility Pushes to Evict 103-Ye... (Mar '14) May '14 Hugh J 2
News Loud Boom near Midland\Martin Co. Line Caused B... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Thats lame 1
dumb ass weather man (Jun '13) Jun '13 jeff anderson 1
News 32 Arrested at Crude Fest on Alcohol Related Ch... (Apr '13) Apr '13 big mike 3
News Law Enforcement Increasing Patrol for New Years... (Dec '12) Dec '12 starringuandi 1
dogs (Dec '12) Dec '12 Marie 2
More from around the web