Police Make Arrests In Home Invasion,...

Police Make Arrests In Home Invasion, Murder-For-Hire Plot

There are 2 comments on the WNEM-TV Saginaw story from Apr 17, 2009, titled Police Make Arrests In Home Invasion, Murder-For-Hire Plot. In it, WNEM-TV Saginaw reports that:

Midland County sheriff's deputies are still trying to put all the pieces together in an incident that left the city of Midland stunned.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WNEM-TV Saginaw.

Saginaw, MI

#1 Apr 17, 2009
I was stunned when I learned of the story with regards to Steven Mashue and his involvement with the plan to kill his Aunt. believe Steve should pay the consquences for breaking in the home, holding his Aunt and cousin captive, and for stealing the truck and money. However, I do not believe he should be charge with attempted murder as it sounds like he did not actually attempt to shoot the Aunt. I briefly knew Steve when he was in High School. He did not get a fair shake in life when he lost his mother to cancer and his father abandon him emotionally through the ordeal. I believe Steve's judgement has been clouded by years of built up resentment and being influenced by relatives that did not offer him a safe, understanding and loving environment. Steve is a classic case of a kid that was abandon to run wild. I knew Steve before his mother died, and he was a good kid, full of hopes and smiles. I saw the down turn in his life during the time his mother was dying of cancer and especially after she died. I blame his father for getting married right away and never took the time to reach out to him and his sister.

I do think Steve should pay for his crime, but I do not believe he should be put away for life. I know from watching the video on TV 5, he is broken up. There is a potential perhaps to rehabilitate him, with love and wisdom. I hope he gets a fair trail and perhaps someone with wisdom and love influence him to turn his behavior around. In the meantime, I believe his uncle should be put away for life for taking advantage of a mix up kid to do his dirty work.

Saginaw, MI

#2 Apr 19, 2009
You Hit that right on the nose Katie!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Midland County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New details come in case of body found in cemetery (Jul '10) Sep '15 Anonymous 10
News Teen Held In Coleman Foster Home Stabbing (Aug '09) Dec '12 scrappy-koko 8
News Mich. police: 2 steal drugs, OD in parked vehicle (May '11) Jun '12 Sneaky Pete 4
News Do you consider it a deal when gas prices hit $... (Aug '11) Oct '11 joke 2
News Medical marijuana advocate files third recall p... (Aug '11) Aug '11 Patriot 2
News Midland parolee awaits sentencing for breaking ... (Apr '11) Apr '11 Bridget 1
News Trial set in Midland eavesdropping case (Mar '11) Mar '11 Mike 2
More from around the web