Appeal due for Melanie McGuire

May 31, 2009 Full story: Asbury Park Press Online 66

More than two years after a Middlesex County jury found Melanie McGuire guilty of the murder and dismemberment of her husband William at the couple's Woodbridge apartment, her case will return to the court system with the filing of an appeal.

Read more
DFC 40

South Plainfield, NJ

#21 May 22, 2011
this is hell wrote:
I was incarcerated with Melanie Mcguire. She just is not a normal person. When you look in her eyes you get a blank stare in return. She did it!!!
Hey jailbird from VA,
how is it, that another inmate,( you ) are able to determine who is normal and abnormal merely by looking into their eyes? If MM is truly innocent, which I believe she is, then to you she must be strange, because you, in all probabilty, truly belonged there.
Anonymous

Manasquan, NJ

#22 May 24, 2011
I am looking for an apartment at http://realestate.nj.com/new-jersey/middlesex... and came across your post. I will steer clear of this one!
She Did Not Do It

Patchogue, NY

#23 May 24, 2011
MM allowed a coworker to enter her apartment to look at furniture that she was selling. If she was the murderer and it happened at her residence as the prosecutor says, why would she let someone into the crime scene to buy furniture? If it was me, I would not allow anyone into my home. I wouldn't be selling the furniture just in case their was microscopic forensic evidence on it. She even allowed the coworkers boyfriend to come in as well. She wouldn't have been that confident to let others into her secret crime scene. Ain't that much confidence in this world. She did not commit this crime...at least it was not proven beyond a reasonable doubt. The above instance alone creates reasonable doubt for me. Melanie McGuire should be free!
DFC40

South Plainfield, NJ

#24 May 24, 2011
She Did Not Do It wrote:
MM allowed a coworker to enter her apartment to look at furniture that she was selling. If she was the murderer and it happened at her residence as the prosecutor says, why would she let someone into the crime scene to buy furniture? If it was me, I would not allow anyone into my home. I wouldn't be selling the furniture just in case their was microscopic forensic evidence on it. She even allowed the coworkers boyfriend to come in as well. She wouldn't have been that confident to let others into her secret crime scene. Ain't that much confidence in this world. She did not commit this crime...at least it was not proven beyond a reasonable doubt. The above instance alone creates reasonable doubt for me. Melanie McGuire should be free!
You're absolutely right. MM should be free.For all those who believe she's gulity, I have one question. If someone murdered a loved one of yours would'nt you want all involved parties brought to justice ? I see or hear of no activity on the part of the Mcquire family to find this person or persons who alledgedly aided MM. Know why ? This was the doing of one person and that person could not have been MM. The persecutor in the case had to convince the 12 idiots on that jury that MM had help because she was painfully aware that no one would believe MM did the crime alone. Hence, invent a non-existing accomplice to fill the void.
Natalie6

West Palm Beach, FL

#25 Jun 15, 2012
What convinces me is the blanket in the suitcase that came from her work. among other things..... I could see the coldness in her eyes at the trial. And YES, she could have done it alone. She took her time and went about all very methodically and then bleached everything.
DFC40

Plainfield, NJ

#26 Jun 16, 2012
Natalie6 wrote:
What convinces me is the blanket in the suitcase that came from her work. among other things..... I could see the coldness in her eyes at the trial. And YES, she could have done it alone. She took her time and went about all very methodically and then bleached everything.
Dear Nat6,
Ms McQuire's jury was composed of 14 idiots who could not grasp or comprehend the doctrine of, "BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT. You appear to have the same defect. Her apartment was searched and tore apart by forensic experts at 4 different times and each time no credible evidence was found. Why would the State go back 4 times and then come up empty?
The blanket from work seems to baffle you. Really? The entire crime is consistent with associates of Mr Mcquire showing up at his apt and gathering all the things,(garbage bags, suitcases, blankets and Mr Mcquire's gun) needed to dispose of the body. How do you explain Dr Miller testifying under IMMUNITY? Your blanket could have come from him also. I could go on and on but remember this, Ms Mcquire was NOT proven guilty BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT as defined by New Jersey Law. If they did it to her they can do it to you. As for you judging Ms Mcquire through a TV broadcast or printed media, if you're that good, please send me the 6 winning numbers for tonights powerball drawing.
carol hoousendove

North Brunswick, NJ

#27 Oct 23, 2012
She did it. If she gets out then OJ should be an alter boy.The mistake that she made was the house was too clean no fingerprints . She is such a tramp to have sex with a man while pregnant with her husbands child. Did that poor man ever have a test to see if that child was his. Momie's baby daddy's maybe.
DFC40

Plainfield, NJ

#28 Oct 24, 2012
carol hoousendove wrote:
She did it. If she gets out then OJ should be an alter boy.The mistake that she made was the house was too clean no fingerprints . She is such a tramp to have sex with a man while pregnant with her husbands child. Did that poor man ever have a test to see if that child was his. Momie's baby daddy's maybe.
WHAT??????
carol hoousendove

North Brunswick, NJ

#29 Oct 26, 2012
I'am small like this chick. You would be surprised what a small lady can do. We can move a house when we are angry ask my EX's
DFC40

Plainfield, NJ

#30 Nov 3, 2012
HOOUSENDOVE,
Based on your last comment, I guess we're all suppose to conclude, that just because you can lift some of your ex's when you're angry, that Melanie McGuire must be guilty. Sorry, don't see the connection. Strange logic.
Ruthie

Bronx, NY

#31 Nov 22, 2012
She didn't do it! They should give her another chance for her kids sake. She looks innocent. She was a good nurse. She shouldn't be locked up with those other people. She is one of us. She is from good clean American stock. I believe some of those other Obama types did it!
NoDoOver

Valley Stream, NY

#32 Jun 15, 2013
She lost every one of her appeals. She can look forward to dying in prison.
Lori

Yorktown, VA

#33 Aug 21, 2013
Amen to that she is going to die where she belongs and it won't be to pleasant for her on the other side either
evilis as evil does

Hyannis, MA

#34 Sep 3, 2013
She did it. Those poor children have to live with the horror of Mom killing and cutting up Dad. OMG
NoDoOver

Haledon, NJ

#35 Jan 4, 2014
drew wrote:
I can't express how shocked I was by this story. I went to HS with Bill McGuire..knew him well. When I first saw the story I thought she was guilty as sin, but then I started doing a bit of homework. Read about his gambling issues, the fact that searches for poisons were done at the same time as online gambling searches, etc. I have serious doubts about her guilt.
You obviously didn't watch the trial. Her husband had no "gambling issues", as the Judge so succinctly stated during sentencing. Her attorney's lies were not evidence, were not supported by the testimony of even one single person, and were nothing less than an attempt to get their guilty client off on a murder charge. Thankfully, the jury, and just about everyone who watched the trial saw through the lies. She's now serving life and her lying attorneys have move on to other guilty clients.
NoDoOver

Haledon, NJ

#36 Jan 4, 2014
DFC40 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Nat6,
Ms McQuire's jury was composed of 14 idiots who could not grasp or comprehend the doctrine of, "BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT. You appear to have the same defect. Her apartment was searched and tore apart by forensic experts at 4 different times and each time no credible evidence was found. Why would the State go back 4 times and then come up empty?
The blanket from work seems to baffle you. Really? The entire crime is consistent with associates of Mr Mcquire showing up at his apt and gathering all the things,(garbage bags, suitcases, blankets and Mr Mcquire's gun) needed to dispose of the body. How do you explain Dr Miller testifying under IMMUNITY? Your blanket could have come from him also. I could go on and on but remember this, Ms Mcquire was NOT proven guilty BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT as defined by New Jersey Law. If they did it to her they can do it to you. As for you judging Ms Mcquire through a TV broadcast or printed media, if you're that good, please send me the 6 winning numbers for tonights powerball drawing.
Obviously, your murderous idol WAS proven guilty BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT. Your unreasonable inability to see her overwhelming guilt means...wait for it...wait for it...you're an idiot. But hey, you can wait for her. She's got another 60 years to serve and then she "might" get paroled.
NoDoOver

Haledon, NJ

#37 Jan 4, 2014
Ruthie wrote:
She didn't do it! They should give her another chance for her kids sake. She looks innocent. She was a good nurse. She shouldn't be locked up with those other people. She is one of us. She is from good clean American stock. I believe some of those other Obama types did it!
She will never see her kids again. Ever.
DFC40

Plainfield, NJ

#38 Jan 11, 2014
NoDoOver wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously, your murderous idol WAS proven guilty BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT. Your unreasonable inability to see her overwhelming guilt means...wait for it...wait for it...you're an idiot. But hey, you can wait for her. She's got another 60 years to serve and then she "might" get paroled.
Dear Mr or Mrs NoDoOver:
I have read all comments that you've posted on this board regarding, State of New Jersey vs. Melanie McGuire and have concluded, beyond a reasonable doubt, that you and Ms McGuire's jury are, terminally stupid.
Ms McGuire's case stands or falls on one critical fact. That is, where was this murder committed. It was the State's burden to prove BARD that the crime was committed in her NJ apartment. Would you be so kind as to explain to all of us, what evidence was produced at her trial that conclusively proved that the murder took place in that apartment? Don't tell us that you bought the State's unsupported theory that she meticulously cleaned up all the blood trace evidence. Do you believe that a body being cut up with a power saw would fail to leave any evidence behind? You do, don't you?
Can you please tell us where this fathom 2nd person is that the State was claiming existed from day one? Why is it that William McGuire's family has not been trying to find this person or persons responsible? I haven't heard of any actions taken by that family, have you?
Please share.
You and Ms McGuire's jury have been duped into believing that she committed this crime. You and the jury have been swayed by a crafty little prosecutor who was able to win this case based on an emotional appeal instead of credible evidence.
If the State could not prove by clear and convincing evidence that the murder was committed in a NJ apartment, which it did not, then the whole case fails. You simpleton.
MARLENE ROSE RUPPA

Altamonte Springs, FL

#39 Jan 31, 2014
She Did Not Do It wrote:
MM allowed a coworker to enter her apartment to look at furniture that she was selling. If she was the murderer and it happened at her residence as the prosecutor says, why would she let someone into the crime scene to buy furniture? If it was me, I would not allow anyone into my home. I wouldn't be selling the furniture just in case their was microscopic forensic evidence on it. She even allowed the coworkers boyfriend to come in as well. She wouldn't have been that confident to let others into her secret crime scene. Ain't that much confidence in this world. She did not commit this crime...at least it was not proven beyond a reasonable doubt. The above instance alone creates reasonable doubt for me. Melanie McGuI ire should be free!
I AGREE...SHE SHOULD BE FREE. SHE DID NOT DO IT. NO FORENSIC PROOF...ABSOLUTELY NONE! NO BLOOD ;;;NO GUN... NO NOTHIN!
Brenda

Georgetown, KY

#41 Feb 4, 2014
I believe MM innocent of murder but has some involvement.

Anyone know how she's coping in priz?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middlesex County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News South Amboy bans feeding feral cats (Aug '07) Sun Roy 11
News Myles Hartsfield's situation will continue to b... Oct '14 Perth Amboy Irish 4
News Sayreville officials defend move to scrap footb... Oct '14 Rantz Mohammitz 1
News State of New Jersey v. Teresa Laliberte (Nov '07) Feb '14 LOL_really 11
News Middlesex County Prosecutor's Office releases 9... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Test 2
News Chris Christie Blasts Monroe Mayor Richard Pucc... (Aug '13) Nov '13 Carol Slack 2
News FEMA awards $1.8 million for repairs at Old Bri... (Oct '13) Oct '13 judy 3
More from around the web