Appeal due for Melanie McGuire

May 31, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Asbury Park Press Online

More than two years after a Middlesex County jury found Melanie McGuire guilty of the murder and dismemberment of her husband William at the couple's Woodbridge apartment, her case will return to the court system with the filing of an appeal.

Comments
1 - 20 of 50 Comments Last updated Saturday Aug 23
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
rachel

Paramus, NJ

#1 Sep 30, 2009
she did not do it
PDXMike

Mexico

#2 Sep 30, 2009
She didn't do it. There is no way that she dismembered her husband and disposed of him on her own. If ever there should have been forensics to convict someone this was the case.
mike

Massapequa Park, NY

#3 Oct 26, 2009
who said she had to do it herself???
drew

Denver, CO

#4 Nov 2, 2009
I can't express how shocked I was by this story. I went to HS with Bill McGuire..knew him well. When I first saw the story I thought she was guilty as sin, but then I started doing a bit of homework. Read about his gambling issues, the fact that searches for poisons were done at the same time as online gambling searches, etc. I have serious doubts about her guilt.
Berni

Puyallup, WA

#5 Nov 11, 2009
So, this is the first time you have known a murderer or went to school with one? So what? She did it! She 100% without a reasonable doubt, did it. The jurors tried to see it differently, but after over 13 hours or more of deliberations, they say she did it and I say she did it. Did you watch the trial? Did you read the Timeline before and after the disappearance of Bill and subsequent murder of Bill? Sorry, but she is NOT getting out. She will be going on 70 by the time she can try for parole. Get over it! It sounds like she has, to some degree anyhow. Life goes on .....without Melanie McGuire in our free society!
Melanie lover

Cairo, Egypt

#6 Nov 24, 2009
hope she has dick in jail
Johnny47

AOL

#7 Nov 26, 2009
I will tell you this...she is really oone sick puppy. Atleast O.J. in claiming his innocence kept pleading for the police to find the real killer. There is not one instance where she showed any fear that a killer was stalking free in the netherland woods of Jersey. If I was set-up like she claims she was, I would have requested round the clock protection, afterall she had two kids. Any one who thinks that she did this alone is also on the long tube. The last words she said to her step-dad after the verdict was 'don't worry' I saw her mouth it over Court TV in front of millions of gawkers. I called the network and asked them why they overlooked it. By the way,I contacted a reporter named Rick M from a Jersey rag last week and he said that the case is not closed. Note that the members of the jury have refrained from discussing the case for more than two years. Her atty also is secretly on the hot seat for pretending that she passed the lie detector test while the jury was in deliberations and leaked it to the press. I understand that she hated by her fellow prisoners and is kept in her cell all day long for safety reasons.
Tony

Dublin, CA

#8 Dec 4, 2009
It's good to see justice at work here. Followed it all the way along. This one is guilty as sin. Chilling. Please keep her in jail where she belongs.
kutosh

Bronx, NY

#9 Dec 8, 2009
people are convicted in this country everyday with one tenth of the evidence presented in this case GET OVER IT
Kay

Saginaw, MI

#10 Dec 9, 2009
I doubt any of you morons who are sitting here saying she didn't do it even watched the trial. I watched it front to back and read anything I could about the case. She SOOOOOO did it. I mean for crying out loud, she totally outs herself in the phone conversations with her doctor boyfriend.
Steve

Collierville, TN

#11 Dec 14, 2009
Watched the entire trial. The state did not prove thier case. No way she did it, and if she did, she had some very good help. He had a lot of issues, she was no angel, but the state convicted her on a completely circumstantial case, without looking anywhere else.
OpenInvestigatio n

Hempstead, NY

#12 Dec 19, 2009
She did it alright, no doubt about it. And yes, she did have an accomplice. Did you read to whom the prosecutor pointed when she mentioned the likelihood of an accomplice? She pointed directly to McGuire's step-father, Michael Cappararo.
OpenInvestigatio n

Hempstead, NY

#13 Dec 19, 2009
McGuire was 34 years old when she was convicted, on 4 counts (murder, dismemberment, perjury, and illegal gun possession), in 2007. She is serving a life sentence WITHOUT PAROLE for the murder. In NJ, that means she must serve a full 67 years. She will be 101 years old the next time she gets a taste of freedom- if she lives that long.

She deserves each and every miserable moment she will spend in prison.
candy

Fayetteville, TN

#14 Jan 26, 2010
Who do you believe was Melanie's accomplice? If she did it I believe it was her stepfather, but how come ZERO evidence was found in the master bathroom after several searches .... it may have not taken place in the master bathroom.
Rachelle

United States

#15 Apr 25, 2010
Melanie did not do this crime. She wanted out of her marriage, yes, however, she isn't the one who killed her husband. I believe it was his own undoing. Where is the evidence in that Woodridge house...there would have to be some evidence!
stormy

Gaithersburg, MD

#16 Jun 9, 2010
ppph done it is over she is scarey. I thought the mob try to help her from going to prison sense they didn't want that mamma on death row? i THINK THEN NOW WOULD BE A GOOD TIME FOR THEM TO RIGHT ANOTHER LETTER TO EXONERATE HER lol
Jay Dandreo

United States

#17 Feb 8, 2011
ON Behalf Of Melanie! This Case Is A Disgrace To All Americans! Let's Face It The State Claims William Was Kill'd In There House + Dismemberd! Ok! With Not A Drop Of Blood Found In That House! We All Can Agree That's Not True!+ The Trash Bags+ Suitcases Came from There House+ Her Gun Is Missing! So Whtt! How Bout This! While She Was At Work Or Out Of The House, Bill had Her Gun + Whoeva He Was With In There House Plan'd On Kill'n Him. Grab'd The Trash bags+ Suit Cases To Get Rid Of Him ! She Was Never Placed At The Scene Of Any Crime! It Was He Said She Said! Sorry Melanie! If I Was On That Jury You'd Be Free (not Guilty)
fed up female

South Amboy, NJ

#18 Feb 19, 2011
Melanie lover wrote:
hope she has dick in jail
'
she does she is sleeping with the male officer's even A captain. that jail is a joke
fed up female

South Amboy, NJ

#19 Feb 19, 2011
of course she does she is sleeping with the officer's that we the tax payers pay their salery. she has run of the men on staff even a Captain.....
this is hell

Henry, VA

#20 Mar 4, 2011
I was incarcerated with Melanie Mcguire. She just is not a normal person. When you look in her eyes you get a blank stare in return. She did it!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middlesex County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
State of New Jersey v. Teresa Laliberte (Nov '07) Feb '14 LOL_really 11
Middlesex County Prosecutor's Office releases 9... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Test 2
Chris Christie Blasts Monroe Mayor Richard Pucc... (Aug '13) Nov '13 Carol Slack 2
FEMA awards $1.8 million for repairs at Old Bri... (Oct '13) Oct '13 judy 3
Sofield Sworn in as Montclair Probationary Officer (Oct '13) Oct '13 Big daddy 1
Middlesex Schechter day school to close, despit... (Aug '13) Aug '13 ROSENBERG 1
Man is found hanged at Carteret Middle School p... (Apr '13) Apr '13 cray 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Middlesex County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••