South Amboy bans feeding feral cats

South Amboy bans feeding feral cats

There are 11 comments on the Home News Tribune story from Jul 21, 2007, titled South Amboy bans feeding feral cats. In it, Home News Tribune reports that:

“They're getting bigger and bigger. People call and say they're a problem.”

South Amboy's feral felines are on their own. The City Council adopted an ordinance Wednesday banning the feeding or harboring of free-roaming cats. via Home News Tribune

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Home News Tribune.

Cheryl Stragalas

Bloomington, IN

#1 Aug 15, 2007
What in good God's name is wrong with this world? To deny food to any living creator of God is appalling. The city council should be ashamed of themselves. If done in the proper manner this should not bother anyone, I have a colony and feed them daily, I do not leave behind any food to attached unwanted animals, but almost all outside cats were there before we started feeding them. They are not tame and prefer to be outside. It is a down right shame to starve cats just because some irresponsible people thru them out or did not spay or neuter their cats and let them roam to mate and produce outside kitties. Remember what goes around...Rethink this ordinance, starvation will only create panic and unwanted behavior. It's our our duty to feed those in this world that others have abandoned. Cheryl Stragalas, Union, NJ
what is wrong with this world, to deny food to any living creater of God is appaling. The city council should be ashamed of themselves. If done in the proper maner this should not bother anyone, I have a colony and feed them daily, I do not leave behind any food to attached unwanted animals, but these cats were there before I started feeding them. They are not tame and prefer to be outside. It is a down right shame to starve cats just because some irresponsible people through them out or did not spay or neuter their cats and let them roam to mate and produce outside kittys. Remeber what goes around...Rethink this ordinance, stavation will only create panick and illwanted behavior. It's our right to feed those in this world that others have abandoned. Cheryl Stragalas, Union, NJ
Meg

Ypsilanti, MI

#2 Sep 18, 2007
I agree whole-heartedly. Every county in NJ should have a TNR program. They want to enforce a law preventing these cats from being fed--what about enforcing laws against people dumping their pets! My mother feeds a colony and the town will be coming around to clear out the area. She has no idea what to do with these poor cats. And the people in the area have dumped other cats there who (of course) had babies. So now there are 12. It is very frustrating.
Subhuman

Keyport, NJ

#3 Sep 20, 2007
Cats are a problem. They scream all night and fight with eachother all the time. Some get hit by cars in front of my house. They pee on my porch. The neighbors can't stand them either. They come into my back yard and tease my dog. He fights them and recently he got a really bad cut on his paw. I think they need to come and take away all the cats. If you feed them then take them in. We don't need all these extra animals around. All they do is breed and cause trouble.
Kathleen

New York, NY

#4 Jun 26, 2008
"Subhuman" -- now that's a wonderful name for you... Ghandi said "The greatness of a nation can be judged by how it treats its animals." How true...
Think about it this way, Subhuman. Imagine there is a higher life form in this universe... imagine they come to earth and say, all they do is get up in the morning, go to work, eat, sleep ... I think they need to come and take away all the humans. We don't need all these extra humans around ... All they do is breed and cause trouble... think about it...
LAUREL J SENATORE

Great Neck, NY

#5 Feb 22, 2009
TO ALL OF THE SO CALLED "HUMAN BEINGS" WHO WOULD NOT CARE FOR STRAY ANIMALS I SAY "YOU LIKE THEM ON YOUR PLATE" BUT YOU WON'T HELP TO TAKE CARE OF THEM. WHO DO YOU THINK HAS BEEN TAKING CARE OF THE ANIMALS THAT FEED YOU? ANIMALS THAT ENTERTAIN YOU? BUT MOST OF ALL THE BALANCE ON THIS PLANET BETWEEN MAN AND ANIMAL AND ENVIRONMENT? REMEMBER THE BLACK PLAGUE IN EUROPE? THEY KILLED THE CATS OUT OF SUPERSTITION AND WHEN THE RATS CAME OFF THE IMPORT SHIPS THEY HAD NO DEFENSE AGAINST THE RATS. AFTER THE DAMN FOOLS REALIZED THE CATS CONTROLLED THE RAT POPULATION THE BLACK PLAGUE CAME UNDER CONTROL AND THE MILLIONS OF PEOPLE WHO DIED STAND AS A REMINDER OF HUMAN STUPIDITY AND HORROR. IN CALIFORNIA THEY LITERALLY SAVE FERAL CATS, DOCTOR THEM UP AND THEY KEEP THE CITIES RAT POPULATION UNDER CONTROL. DON'T LIKE CATS? DO YOU LIKE MICE AND RATS BETTER? REMEMBER MANKIND WAS NOT PUT ALONE ON THIS PLANET. WHY? THERE IS A BALANCE. SOMEONE HAS TO CARE FOR THE ANIMALS AND UNBALANCE THAT MAN CAUSED.
Christine Ziola

Piscataway, NJ

#6 Jul 17, 2009
Lets all ignore it and it will go away! Lets all turn our heads and it will disappear, right? That is what is wrong with this world today! Everybody is always pointing fingers and blaming everyone else. I wonder if the person who approved this decision has ever been hunger? I wonder if HE knows what that feels like? I am sure HE dose'nt, or HE would never make such a decision! There are programs that pay for spay and nueturing. If I could help, everyone could help! Oh thats right, Its not my problem!
tt- union county

Bloomington, IN

#7 Jul 18, 2009
This is so riduclous. You people are getting crazy because I don't want to have to walk in cat poop every time I step outside. If they are wild animals, they can fend for themselves and find food, just like all other wild animals do. If they don't they will die, that is the circle of life. If they were there before you moved there, they obviously can survive without you. My neighbor feeds 8 feral cats and then they come to my lawn to go to the bathroom. And now I am supposed to clean it up? How irresponsible is that? I am going to be pregnant soon and everyone knows cat poop can be toxic to pregnant women. But I guess a cat is more important than a woman and her baby.
Mary

Irvington, NJ

#8 Sep 16, 2009
Geez, you must be my neighbor who traps a nursing mother cats to be put to sleep in a shelter & lets the babies starve 'somewhere'. All because a cat has peed on your $2,000 lawn.(trust me, if you live in Roselle your lawn does NOT look like you spent $2,000.)
I echo all the other Ghandi followers. And for those who give the impression they think more highly of themselves than the animals - karma.
by the way, feral does NOT mean stray. What exactly does the Roselle ordinance say?
SAra

Old Bridge, NJ

#9 Jan 11, 2015
I live in south amboy there's a poor little skiddish black kitty with a broken leg that won't let anyone near it. I left tuna out for it today... its hungry and irs 20 degrees out..what are they gona go arrest me for doing a good deed
Pedro

Carteret, NJ

#10 Jan 22, 2015
Cats are stupid animals .... I think all stray cats need to be put down ... I saw 3 cats in my yard messing with my dog yesterday and I dont own any cats so if they are on my property and I catch them they will never leave this yard ... Also I have scratches all over my car from stray cats jumping up on it ... If you people like the strays soo much bring them into your damn house or stfu ...
Roy

Parlin, NJ

#11 Mar 29, 2015
Pedro wrote:
Cats are stupid animals .... I think all stray cats need to be put down ... I saw 3 cats in my yard messing with my dog yesterday and I dont own any cats so if they are on my property and I catch them they will never leave this yard ... Also I have scratches all over my car from stray cats jumping up on it ... If you people like the strays soo much bring them into your damn house or stfu ...
Hey tough guy when you grow a set come to south Amboy come look me up try doing someone your own size pos

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middlesex County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Perth Amboy fire chief dies, prosecutor's offic... 23 hr Dont matter 2
News N.J. cop accused of beating teen after chase pl... Jun 9 jeepman 1
News Appeal due for Melanie McGuire (Sep '09) Apr '17 Just saying 92
Any Bi/Gay Teens In Central/Middlesex County/Ea... (Nov '16) Nov '16 swingingbothways 1
Middlesex County Mugshots and Criminal Arrest ... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Logan 2
News Police arrest Edison man wanted for alleged agg... (May '16) May '16 Anthony Scarpuzzi 2
News Hazlet Man Charged With Prostituting Underage G... (Mar '16) Apr '16 Robbie k 4
More from around the web