Motorist dies after collision with lo...

Motorist dies after collision with logging truck

There are 32 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 12, 2008, titled Motorist dies after collision with logging truck. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

A motorist died this morning after a collison with a logging truck.in Middlesex County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Obamalamadingdon g

Norfolk, VA

#1 Nov 12, 2008
Hang up and drive
Newport News Boater

Yorktown, VA

#2 Nov 12, 2008
Obamalamadingdong wrote:
Hang up and drive
Wow...I hope you never suffer the loss of a loved one due to a tragedy such as this. Ever heard of karma?
hip

Hampton, VA

#3 Nov 12, 2008
those log trucks are a menace,are they under a different set of rules??how many people have to die before they do something about them.my prayers to the families involved....
dingalingadingdo ng

Glen Allen, VA

#4 Nov 12, 2008
Obamalamadingdong wrote:
Hang up and drive
Takes a heartless basturd to make a comment like that....
Will Goode

Hampton, VA

#5 Nov 12, 2008
Predictable outcome, unfortunately.
Obamalamadingdon g

Richmond, VA

#6 Nov 12, 2008
dingalingadingdong wrote:
<quoted text>
Takes a heartless basturd to make a comment like that....
Bite me.
dingalingadingdo ng

Glen Allen, VA

#7 Nov 12, 2008
Obamalamadingdong wrote:
<quoted text>
Bite me.
You've already been bitten by the hate bug. I would wish ill to one of your family members but I'm bigger than that and I feel sorry for them already for having to deal with your hateful being. Good day friend. Best wishes for you and yours.
Obamalamadingdon g

Richmond, VA

#8 Nov 12, 2008
dingalingadingdong wrote:
<quoted text>
You've already been bitten by the hate bug. I would wish ill to one of your family members but I'm bigger than that and I feel sorry for them already for having to deal with your hateful being. Good day friend. Best wishes for you and yours.
Making a statement about idiots who talk on the phone while driving is not hate.
dingalingadingdo ng

Glen Allen, VA

#9 Nov 12, 2008
Obamalamadingdong wrote:
<quoted text>
Making a statement about idiots who talk on the phone while driving is not hate.
You're correct, it isn't hate, IT IS hateful however and presumptuous and completely unecessary, someones family member has died as a result of this accident and nowhere in the article did the use of a cell come into question. Were you there? I seriously doubt it. So don't bother answering. If it was an attempt at humour, try that someplace else on another thread. Every automobile accident article on topix is riddled with your blanket "hang up the phone and drive comment"...try a new blanket comment - one from me - get your head out of your fuggingass and try showing a little compassion for your fellow man....you MIGHT actually develop a higher level and sense of self esteem.
Obamalamadingdon g

Richmond, VA

#10 Nov 12, 2008
dingalingadingdong wrote:
<quoted text>
You're correct, it isn't hate, IT IS hateful however and presumptuous and completely unecessary, someones family member has died as a result of this accident and nowhere in the article did the use of a cell come into question. Were you there? I seriously doubt it. So don't bother answering. If it was an attempt at humour, try that someplace else on another thread. Every automobile accident article on topix is riddled with your blanket "hang up the phone and drive comment"...try a new blanket comment - one from me - get your head out of your fuggingass and try showing a little compassion for your fellow man....you MIGHT actually develop a higher level and sense of self esteem.
You take these computer forums a bit to seriously, unless of course you really don't have much of a life away from the screen. And for that, I do feel sorry for you.
dingalingadingdo ng

Glen Allen, VA

#11 Nov 12, 2008
Obamalamadingdong wrote:
<quoted text>
You take these computer forums a bit to seriously, unless of course you really don't have much of a life away from the screen. And for that, I do feel sorry for you.
Pardon me for placing a higher value on someones life than you do. If that makes me have less of a life than you, then I'll gladly wear that badge. Compassion is a flattering trait, one that I take great pride in, life is too short to run around throwing snarky, hurtful comments at the deceased. Glad you're OK with it, you'll have your turn to answer your own shortcomings. Hopefully your eternal resting place will be free of urine puddles and stains.
Obamalamadingdon g

Richmond, VA

#12 Nov 12, 2008
dingalingadingdong wrote:
<quoted text>
Pardon me for placing a higher value on someones life than you do. If that makes me have less of a life than you, then I'll gladly wear that badge. Compassion is a flattering trait, one that I take great pride in, life is too short to run around throwing snarky, hurtful comments at the deceased. Glad you're OK with it, you'll have your turn to answer your own shortcomings. Hopefully your eternal resting place will be free of urine puddles and stains.
Have a go at some Wellbutrin.
dingalingadingdo ng

Glen Allen, VA

#13 Nov 12, 2008
Obamalamadingdong wrote:
<quoted text>
Have a go at some Wellbutrin.
And how's your Lithium dose working for you? Still contemplating that frontal labotomy?
thetruthalwaysco mesout

Richmond, VA

#14 Nov 12, 2008
This intersection has a long history of accidents, and people have died here before. When will our Board of Supervisors and/or VDOT realize that they need to be diligent on getting a traffic light there? How many people have to die?
Funny how they realized this was a bad intersection last weekend during the Oyster Festival, with State Police out there and cones in the road so that no one could turn in that street. I guess i's ok to ear mark it for the drunks, but not for the regulars who travel the roads on a daily basis.
My thoughts and prayers are with this young woman's family, and the driver of the truck as well.
dingalingadingdo ng

Glen Allen, VA

#15 Nov 13, 2008
The intersection at Rt. 33 and Rt. 30 in Eltham (New Kent) was the same way for YEARS. After MULTIPLE fatal accidents (BEFORE cell phones - that's for our resident TROLL) over several years, VDOT finally put a traffic light at the intersection. You've asked a great question - how many must die or be seriously injured before someone in authority takes proper action?
I responded to way too many accidents at that Eltham location in the 15 years or so before the light was installed, saw a lot of death and destruction. It took way too long for the state to address it. Hopefully someone will get the blinders off and do what needs to be done over in Middlesex.

“OMG quit fussin!!!”

Since: Jan 08

Poq. and Proud of it

#16 Nov 13, 2008
My parents told me about this accident. They were driving through around noon. Condolences to the family and friends of this person.
Obamalamadingdon g

Norfolk, VA

#17 Nov 13, 2008
Driving with your lips pressed against a cell phone is more dangerous than any intersection.
Tired of BS

United States

#18 Nov 13, 2008
Obamalamadingdong wrote:
Driving with your lips pressed against a cell phone is more dangerous than any intersection.
You are an idiot and you shouldn't make assumptions. This nice family (and friends) lost their loved one.

I CAN tell you where you may press your lips.....and isn't against a cell phone either!
Tired of BS

United States

#19 Nov 13, 2008
My deepest condolenses, thoughts and prayers to her family and friends.
Chad

United States

#20 Nov 13, 2008
Obamalamadingdong wrote:
Driving with your lips pressed against a cell phone is more dangerous than any intersection.
You're STILL a ding dong!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middlesex County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Any Bi/Gay Teens In Central/Middlesex County/Ea... Nov '16 swingingbothways 1
Middlesex County Mugshots and Criminal Arrest ... Sep '16 Logan 2
News Police arrest Edison man wanted for alleged agg... (May '16) May '16 Anthony Scarpuzzi 2
News Hazlet Man Charged With Prostituting Underage G... (Mar '16) Apr '16 Robbie k 4
News Colonia Middle School student charged in sexual... (Apr '11) Apr '16 Anthony Scarpuzzi 7
News Appeal due for Melanie McGuire (Sep '09) Feb '16 patty 88
News 'Prostitution' Massage Parlors Found Near East ... (Dec '15) Feb '16 Anthony Scarpuzzi 78 5
More from around the web