Install median barriers to reduce Route 9 crashes

Dec 26, 2011 Full story: Asbury Park Press Online

In the Nov. 21 story, 'Lack of median barrier spells danger on stretch of Route 9,' staff writer Larry Higgs reported that the $44 million repaving project scheduled by the New Jersey Department of Transportation for a 22-mile section of Route 9 south in Middlesex and Monmouth counties and 12 miles of northbound highway starting in fiscal year 2013 ... (more)

Full Story

Since: Jul 11

Glenside, PA

#1 Dec 26, 2011
Why not use traffic cameras instead? Post a reasonable speed limit and its less money to install and collects revenue.
Eddie

Old Bridge, NJ

#2 Dec 28, 2011
Because almost no one drives the speed limit and we don't have enough cops for true strict enforcement. They would have to make their presence felt every day. As for revenue, I would question if officer salaries and equipment use will be offset. It would be better to put those prefab concrete dividers along the whole length. it might not be bad to also put a fence to discourage pedestrians crossing outside the crosswalks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middlesex County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Appeal due for Melanie McGuire (Sep '09) Jan '15 DFC40 66
South Amboy bans feeding feral cats (Aug '07) Jan '15 Pedro 10
Myles Hartsfield's situation will continue to b... Oct '14 Perth Amboy Irish 4
Sayreville officials defend move to scrap footb... Oct '14 Rantz Mohammitz 1
State of New Jersey v. Teresa Laliberte (Nov '07) Feb '14 LOL_really 11
Middlesex County Prosecutor's Office releases 9... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Test 2
Chris Christie Blasts Monroe Mayor Richard Pucc... (Aug '13) Nov '13 Carol Slack 2
More from around the web