North Brunswick cop from Jackson char...

North Brunswick cop from Jackson charged in crash that killed fellow officer

There are 23 comments on the Asbury Park Press Online story from Sep 5, 2008, titled North Brunswick cop from Jackson charged in crash that killed fellow officer. In it, Asbury Park Press Online reports that:

A veteran North Brunswick police lieutenant from Jackson has been charged with vehicular homicide in the high-speed crash on Route 130 in the township Aug.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asbury Park Press Online.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Kim

Spring Valley, NY

#1 Sep 5, 2008
This is just not right!!! Keith is already dealing with his best friend dying; he doesnt need this on top of everything!!
daughter of a nb cop

Selden, NY

#2 Sep 6, 2008
It's not right that Keith is being charged. He doesn't need this right now.
Alfred

Neptune, NJ

#3 Sep 6, 2008
You 2 Give me a Break! Break the Law and you get indicted!!!
daughter of a nb cop

Selden, NY

#4 Sep 6, 2008
Alfred wrote:
You 2 Give me a Break! Break the Law and you get indicted!!!
Go hide in a hole. Nobody wasn't even talking to you!!!!!!
Alfred

Neptune, NJ

#5 Sep 6, 2008
It's a free Country! Sorry :-( Indictment!!
Alfred

Neptune, NJ

#6 Sep 6, 2008
How Diluted are People in this Country? No one has mentioned the other officers Family or WHAT THEY HAVE TO DEAL WITH!!! The Man was not driving a Toyota Celica that Malfuntioned here! He was Driving one of Americas Premiere High Performance Sports Cars!!!!! And According to a NJ Grand Jury, with some negligence. Enough to Indict Him!!! He is Not Immune to the LAW!!! YES HE MUST DEAL WITH IT THROUGH THE JUSTICE SYSTEM HE SWORE TO UPHOLD!!! God Bless America and Due Process!!!

Since: Aug 08

Jersey City, NJ

#7 Sep 6, 2008
I am personally am glad Lt. buckley has been indicted. He was going probably in excess of 94 miles an hour. And no one is above the law. A husband and father of two young boys is dead because of his speeding. However, I do not see any point in putting him in jail. He should absolutely lose his job and all police benefits. But serving a jail sentence would be excessive punishment. He did not coommit murder, it was stupid, but not criminal. In addition to loosing his job and benefits, and whatever fines and points which are customary, he should be ordered to speak to teenagers, adults, or any organization who requests him (free of charge) and tell them about the tragedy he caused by being reckless. He was responsible for a death and could have caused more injuries or deaths. Living with the guilt, and having to relive it on a regular basis while possibly preventing someone else from acting in the same manner would in my opinion be much more constructive than putting him in jail.
NB Taxpayer

AOL

#8 Sep 6, 2008
Mr.Buckley is not the only one who should be punished for this. Top brass should be reprimanded for this embarrassment and lack of leadership. North Brunswick Pd is a circus. Taxpayers should demand answers to how this could have happened. The Mayor, Council and chain of command are responsible for this. The secret deals, secret lawsuits paid and promotion to their buddies will come out eventually. Hopefully, Mac will think twice about promoting one of his buddies instead of, someone who worked hard and deserves it.
Marty

Carteret, NJ

#9 Sep 9, 2008
daughter of a nb cop wrote:
<quoted text> Go hide in a hole. Nobody wasn't even talking to you!!!!!!
Get your head out of your hole 'daughter', Break the law, suffer the consequences, regardless of who you are.
daughter of a nb cop

Selden, NY

#10 Sep 9, 2008
Marty wrote:
<quoted text>
Get your head out of your hole 'daughter', Break the law, suffer the consequences, regardless of who you are.
I never say anything about that. Don't talk to me like that.
go get em

State College, PA

#11 Sep 9, 2008
BUCKLEY SHOULD GET CHARGED WIT 1ST DEGREE MURDER INSTEAD OF VEHICULAR HOMICIDE... I FEEL BAD THAT ZERBYS KIDS ARE GONNA GROW UP WITOUT A DAD.. BUCKLEY NEEDS TO PAY FOR HIS STUPID MISTAKE..
doesnt matter

Philadelphia, PA

#12 Nov 16, 2008
you all are retarded. it was an accident and you dont know ANYTHING about what happened.
Judge

East Orange, NJ

#13 Feb 14, 2009
They were traveling at a speed well above the legal limit. While it was an accident of course, I doubt he was trying to crash and kill his friend, he still broke the law. I would want an ordinary citizen to be punished for the same situation. I believe cops should be punished just the same.
tut

Jackson, NJ

#14 Feb 18, 2009
It's not right that he was doing in excess of 120 mph
tut

Jackson, NJ

#15 Feb 18, 2009
Hopefully they take him to prison doing the same speed that killed a good man.
Rich

Edison, NJ

#16 Feb 24, 2009
He should be charged with an prosecuted to the full extent of which he deserves for abusing the power as well as the priveledges that were bestowed upon him wen he put that badge on. It is disgusting to me how power hungry and abusive the law enforcement in this town has become. What business at all did he have driving that car at the speed it was going? For what legitamate reason was he even in that car? For a joyride, a simple joyride in which he broke several of the laws that he vowed to uphold. It makes me sick knowing that this town is being "protected" and watched over by people with such horrific judgment. I pray that the justice system works for once in this case.
Rich

Edison, NJ

#17 Feb 24, 2009
doesnt matter wrote:
you all are retarded. it was an accident and you dont know ANYTHING about what happened.
It was an accident in the sense that nobody wanted it to happen...not in the sense that their were any measures taken to prevent sumthing like this...its disgusting
mr understood

Pittston, PA

#18 Jul 7, 2009
well too bad. outside of his uniform hes a normal person. how would u like if a cop killed your dad...? your son...? or brother? you would be trying to pursue charges. thats bullshit how you feel for him like that.
TruthBeTold

Hackensack, NJ

#19 Nov 12, 2010
No one is above the law. The law is there to protect us from such events the police officer that was driving the DODGE VIPER while on duty should lose his job and be put in jail. Not only did he kill a cop he put those who were driving on the same road as him in danger. Regardless of if the person is a cop or not they should be charged. It is sad that 2 kids are fatherless because of some irresponsible officer who could not control himself.
Amazed

Piscataway, NJ

#20 Nov 19, 2010
Funny with the Nazi-like way they patrol in North Brunswick noone pulled this clown over? Go rent a Viper and start drivin around rt 1 or rt 130 over 58 MPH and see how long it is before you get pulled over

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middlesex County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police arrest Edison man wanted for alleged agg... May 5 Anthony Scarpuzzi 2
News Hazlet Man Charged With Prostituting Underage G... Apr '16 Robbie k 4
News Colonia Middle School student charged in sexual... (Apr '11) Apr '16 Anthony Scarpuzzi 7
News Appeal due for Melanie McGuire (Sep '09) Feb '16 patty 88
News 'Prostitution' Massage Parlors Found Near East ... Feb '16 Anthony Scarpuzzi 78 5
News Man Sentenced to 42 Years For Union County Murder Feb '16 SHERI 1
News Celebration To Light The Edison Memorial Tower (Oct '15) Oct '15 ckrvarma 1
More from around the web