AG probing Middlesex sheriff's campaign funds - Sentinel & Enterprise

The Attorney General's Office has launched an investigation into allegations that Middlesex County Sheriff James DiPaola illegally used campaign funds for personal use. Read more
Fizbo

Leominster, MA

#1 Nov 26, 2010
Another loser...
independent voter

Fitchburg, MA

#2 Nov 26, 2010
Wait till they investigate Glodis... sit back and watch the show
JIm

Fitchburg, MA

#3 Nov 26, 2010
Won't be much of an investigation, the AG has a history of refusing to investigate politicians, and this is why the FBI has had to come into Mass. to investigate them so often.

She probably decided to have an investigation for political reasons, but don't count on anything being found as she is too entrenched in the political system herself to do anything

Since: Apr 09

Leominster, MA

#4 Nov 26, 2010
Martha won't investigate, as if it involves a member of her party, it's "off limits". Same thing with the probation scandal, she'll look the other way.
mjl

Fitchburg, MA

#5 Nov 26, 2010
Good Work A.G. Now if A.G. would investigate WASTFUL but "LEGAL" Goverment spending. Maybe then illiminate some the TRILLIONS of $ DOLLAR DEBT that TAXPAYERS have to pay for. THANKS P.S. I think ALL the SPACE programs should be cut. I wonder how much $$ has been spent --just since the 1960's. HOW is a bunch of rockets going into space going to help people that are starving,losing their homes,children going to bed hungry at night etc.,etc...going to help these people! A bunch of BIG MEN playing with their BIG TOYS!!!ALONG with their BIG salaries....
Resident

Fitchburg, MA

#6 Nov 26, 2010
mjl wrote:
Good Work A.G. Now if A.G. would investigate WASTFUL but "LEGAL" Goverment spending. Maybe then illiminate some the TRILLIONS of $ DOLLAR DEBT that TAXPAYERS have to pay for. THANKS P.S. I think ALL the SPACE programs should be cut. I wonder how much $$ has been spent --just since the 1960's. HOW is a bunch of rockets going into space going to help people that are starving,losing their homes,children going to bed hungry at night etc.,etc...going to help these people! A bunch of BIG MEN playing with their BIG TOYS!!!ALONG with their BIG salaries....
Why would the AG investigate wasteful yet legal spending? If it's legal it's not the AGs concern to investigate. That's the legislature's job.
mjl

Fitchburg, MA

#7 Nov 26, 2010
Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would the AG investigate wasteful yet legal spending? If it's legal it's not the AGs concern to investigate. That's the legislature's job.
Oh-ok THANKS! MJL
JIm

Fitchburg, MA

#8 Nov 26, 2010
I think the previous Sheriff might still be in Jail, he was running organized crime thru that office.

Its long over due to get rid of this position and just turn the jail over the the department of corrections
Roy

Poland, ME

#9 Nov 27, 2010
REST IN PEACE JIMMY
AAA

Athol, MA

#10 Nov 27, 2010
Roy wrote:
REST IN PEACE JIMMY
It's to bad because he actually was a good sheriff. He must have had some issues in his personal life that caused him to take this path. I don't understand why he would think that he could dupe the voters and exploit the pension loophole like he did or should I say "try to do". I don't know anything about the AG investigation but it seems like he had some serious financial problems.
Wow RIP

Maynard, MA

#11 Nov 27, 2010
I have to say rest in peace also. Why would he take his own life? No matter what they had on him,taking his own life is horrible! My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends! Wow, this news just seemed so un needed!

We could all guess at the reasons why but as of right now, I wish the family the best as they grieve their loss of their family member!

He seemed well liked by many people. My guess would be they must have had some crazy evidence on this man.

Nothing is worth taking your own life as your family and friends really suffer with the loss of your life regardless of what the AG had on you!
Public Citizen

Malden, MA

#12 Oct 30, 2011
A Vote for Gary Christenson ( Sheriff ) is a vote for Howard, we need change and Deb fallon is a change for the best for Malden.

Christenson does the budget for the Sheriff.

The city is in the red, we need change.

Vote Deb fallon for Mayor !

the Best choice !
Public Citizen

Malden, MA

#13 Nov 12, 2011
This case is all about double dipping. Double dipping stops in the year 2032. We have 21 more years to go. So the Sheriff DiPaola was correct all along. We have to stop believing news articles.

This is a petty case.

Whats the issues ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Middlesex County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Middlesex Prosecutor, Accused of Trading... Jan '15 EverettCitizen 1
News Fitchburg mayor endorses Maura Healey for attor... (May '14) May '14 Resident 3
News Ex-Dracut treasurer who stole town funds suing ... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Tony Stark 1
News DeLeo, Coakley Unveil Domestic Violence Bill (Apr '14) Apr '14 mau99 1
News Townsend sex offender charged with child rape (Jan '14) Jan '14 creeped out 3
News Billerica signs of discontent also illegal (Jul '13) Jul '13 EYEBALLCHAMBERS 1
Markey Wins (Apr '13) Apr '13 Public Citizen 1
More from around the web