How can I get car insurance on a car ...

How can I get car insurance on a car that my ex husband let my daughter borrow?

Posted in the Miami Dade County Forum

Anonymous

Las Vegas, NV

#1 Feb 25, 2013
How can I get car insurance on a car that my ex husband let my daughter borrow? The car is still in his name.?
-
My ex husband let my daughter borrow one of his cars. He lives in a different state. I had the car registered here in the state we live in, but now the insurance has expired and I can t seem to get insurance for the car now since the car is not in my name.

I cannot get ahold of him at all...phone is temporarity disconnected, etc., and I think he has not even been paying the payments on the car, since he has not been working for many months now due to the housing crisis in this country..especially the western part. I m actually wondering why the re-po man hasn t come and collected the car yet.

I will not let my daughter drive the car until it has insurance. It just sits in the driveway. She really needs a car to get to work now and it seems such a waste to have a perfectly good car just sitting there.

Anyone know how I can get some insurance on this car? Or maybe should I call the bank that is financing this car and see if he is even making the payments? Would the bank let me buy the car at a huge discount if he has not been making payments?

Any answers/advice for me will greatly help. Thank you so much!
-
SOLUTION: You can compare quotes for free from different companies at: INSUREFOREVERYBODY.INFO

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Miami Dade County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 4 Men Charged With Hate Crimes in Miami Beach G... May 12 Melvin 2
David Hogg Bully Mar '18 Common sense 1
News Florida's unemployment rate hit 8.6 percent in ... (Mar '09) Mar '18 Rouge 47
Farts are particles of poop floating in the air Mar '18 Taco 1
News Donna Shalala seeks to fight Trump if elected t... Mar '18 Taco 7
News Spend more than half your income on rent? You'r... Feb '18 right on 26
News This teacher married her girlfriend. Then she w... Feb '18 Rainbow Kid 4