North Miami Split?

North Miami Split?

There are 1 comment on the WSVN-TV Miami Beach story from Aug 22, 2012, titled North Miami Split?. In it, WSVN-TV Miami Beach reports that:

North Miami is one of the larger cities in Miami-Dade County but it could become smaller if some citizens get their way.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WSVN-TV Miami Beach.

Tim

United States

#1 Aug 23, 2012
I live in Sunkist Grove and I am so disappointed in those in Keystone Point-Sans Souci even thinking about breaking off from the rest of the city. They have a case of sour grapes because they won't work hard enough to unseat an incompetent mayor.. Haitians make up roughly 30 percent of the electorate. That means that 70 percent of the electorate is not Haitian. Haitian's are organized politically. Unfortunately, they bring the worst of what they fled from here to the North Miami city council. Pierre & Steril showcase that through blatent corruption at city hall. Its sad that they don't even see what they are doing is wrong.. If those east of the boulevard were serious about fixing things they would truly reach out west of the boulevard. Whites, Black Americans, Hispanics and Asians make up that 70 percent of the electorate. We're pissed off too. Someone needs to organize that anger and take the city council. Don't just put up yard signs and send out flyers. We're combating apponents who will get on the Haitian radio stations and tell the Haitian community that the "white people are going to raise their water bills". They always do that to turn out numbers. Counter that with making sure you get people to turn out to vote. A yard sign and a flyer in the mail won't turn out enough people. In the meantime, form a PAC, form a community oversight committee...do something that over sees every single financial matter the city conducts. Teach people like Steril and Pierre that you can't have the city foot the bill for housing family members, providing services to foreign presidents outside of our city limits, making police badges for friends, etc...etc..etc. They don't know they're doing anything wrong because that is political culture they came from.

Again, I'm so disappointed in those trying to split the city. If they manage to do that they are condeming the rest of us to what will become a third world country. I'm a lifetime resident of the city and will fight it. If they choose to take the cowards way out and leave, then go. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. You keep your over priced houses. North Miami KEEPS its commercial coridors EAST of the boulevard, INCLUDING Biscayne Landing. You have no right to take those properties off the North Miami's tax rolls. They belong to North Miami.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Miami Dade County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 4 Men Charged With Hate Crimes in Miami Beach G... May 12 Melvin 2
David Hogg Bully Mar '18 Common sense 1
News Florida's unemployment rate hit 8.6 percent in ... (Mar '09) Mar '18 Rouge 47
Farts are particles of poop floating in the air Mar '18 Taco 1
News Donna Shalala seeks to fight Trump if elected t... Mar '18 Taco 7
News Spend more than half your income on rent? You'r... Feb '18 right on 26
News This teacher married her girlfriend. Then she w... Feb '18 Rainbow Kid 4