Feds take over Miami-Dade Housing Aut...

Feds take over Miami-Dade Housing Authority -- South Florida Su...

There are 62 comments on the SouthFlorida.com story from Aug 7, 2007, titled Feds take over Miami-Dade Housing Authority -- South Florida Su.... In it, SouthFlorida.com reports that:

The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development followed through on a looming threat and took temporary control of Miami-Dade County's housing agency Tuesday, saying they hoped to resolve serious ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SouthFlorida.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Petunia

Deerfield Beach, FL

#64 Aug 4, 2013
They need to check Deerfield Housing Authority too, The Deerfield Beach Palms Apts for Seniors people there are not happy. I here people complaining when I go see my aunt. The poor Senior people do not complain because they are afraid to be evicted and do not know they have rights plus too old and sick to fight for their rights. They all know me. The manager is grouchy, never has time to talk to the tenants about whatever problem they might have, she solves nothing and the rest of staff in main office useless too! They don't stop to say hi or smile. My aunt lives there for many years and I trying to help her but it's like impossible. She has a small efficiency where nothing fits anymore, she can throw away her stuff, she feels crowded in there, it has no bedroom, and 1 small closet, and doctor gave her 3 letter already saying she needs a 1 bedroom, she needs more space and can't breathe well in that unit, she has R.A. and Lupus and they do not want to change her because they do not consider urgent. Urgent or not if she been there many years, I do not understand why she needs doctor letters to change apts. in same building. What's the difference she will pay the same anyway, and it's about time they paint that old apt, they never have in 9 years. They just keep saying no. Whys don't they give the small efficiencies to the single old guys who have the 1 bedrooms full of junk and dirty, and give the ladies the 1 bedrooms? But they have let other people move except her. Maybe they don't like her. But my aunt is the sweetest and nicest lady. But if it was their mother or family, it would be done. But they got some hud money and bought 3 new vans when the old ones were still good and who know what else they bought or did with the money. They changed all the administration like 2 years ago, and the best managers were all fired, and it was better before than now. Now they putting too many rules to the tenants, you can do nothing here, not even open your door, stand in the entrance to talk to your neighbor, and no one happy. I will find other place for my aunt hopefully soon. I give up! Injustice always wins!
Petunia

Deerfield Beach, FL

#65 Aug 4, 2013
TERRY T wrote:
IT ABOUT TIME THE FED TOOK OVER BECAUSE ALL OF THE HOMELESS PEOPLE SLEEPING ON THE STREET MAKE NO SENSE. WHEN THE HUD OFFICIALS ARE PUTTING MONEY IN THERE POCKETS PLUS THERE PAYCHECKS.
CLEAN IT UP MIAMI AND GET WITH THE PROGRAM
AND BROWARD TOO! I AM SO TIRED OF INJUSTICE AND ALL THE PEOPLE WHO THINK THEY BETTER THAN THE OLD OR THE POOR PEOPLE AND TREAT THEM LIKE DOGS!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Miami Dade County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How to get medical marijuana in Florida Nov 14 buzzkillhankhill 1
News South Florida braces for affects of possible Ha... (Jan '10) Nov 14 gem 18
News Miami's Black Political Donors Drowned Out by R... (Jul '16) Oct '17 Fredfreaka Wilson 3
DEPORT All Illegal Aliens Oct '17 Fredfreaka Wilson 4
News Miami woman delivers her own baby because Irma'... Sep '17 Stop Fake News 2
News Protesters Demand Curbelo, Diaz-Balart Hold Tow... (May '17) May '17 Lifeguard 1
News Rep. Ros-Lehtinen, 1st Cuban-American in Congre... (Apr '17) May '17 CodeTalker 2
More from around the web