Feds take over Miami-Dade Housing Aut...

Feds take over Miami-Dade Housing Authority -- South Florida Su...

There are 62 comments on the SouthFlorida.com story from Aug 7, 2007, titled Feds take over Miami-Dade Housing Authority -- South Florida Su.... In it, SouthFlorida.com reports that:

The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development followed through on a looming threat and took temporary control of Miami-Dade County's housing agency Tuesday, saying they hoped to resolve serious ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SouthFlorida.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
pie

Boca Raton, FL

#2 Aug 7, 2007
Nice, when will people playing with taxpayer money ever be responsible. I like this move, needs to happen everywhere to wake people up. Government employees and officials seem to think its like free money to do with as they please.

Next we need to relocate all prisons and military sites along the borders, this will save tax dollars, less places to cross, and prisons will be even more accessible.

Give the Coast Guard what they need to eliminate the smugglers game with smuggling people and drugs along the ocean/US territory.
John

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#3 Aug 7, 2007
Surprise,surprise. corruption in city politics?
Miss America

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#4 Aug 7, 2007
Now maybe this office can shed its perception as a free hand out for developer friends of city officials, and actually get to helping people!

The money for these programs is supposed to go to buying first homes and repairing homes for low income and elderly people. Good luck straightening that mess out!

Since: Apr 06

Hallandale Beach

#6 Aug 7, 2007
I don't think there is a single agency in Miami-Dade county that is not corrupt and/or incompetent.
Joe

Coral Gables, FL

#7 Aug 7, 2007
No wonder there are alot of homeless running loose in Downtown Miami.

Miami need to seriously clean up it's act. Mainly the streets. They are unfortunate but they are also an eyesore and dangerous to the growing community. They are not allowing Miami to blossom into the beautiful city that it can and is trying to be.
MrAmerican

Chesterfield, MO

#9 Aug 7, 2007
It's about time the U.S. Government took control of the Miami-Dade County's housing agency over from the Banana Republic of Miami-Dade. The Agency should be run by Americans, not foreign nationals masquerading as citizens. I moved from Miami, back to the United States, three years ago…
M-D Official

Chesterfield, MO

#10 Aug 7, 2007
El gobierno no tiene ninguna derecha de hacer esto.¿De dónde ahora conseguiré mis rentabilidades?¡Ésta es América!¡Tierra del libre!
Banana Repulica

United States

#11 Aug 7, 2007
Wow! The Banana Republic is at it again. Miami is a joke. But what do you expect from the Cubans. Castro was smart to let those go. And the tax payers of Miami are the loosers.
CaptAmerica

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#12 Aug 7, 2007
lets let the feds take over all of miami dade and deport all the illegals and take this country back enough of this 3rd world bull ####
Reality

Hollywood, FL

#13 Aug 7, 2007
They have just added a whole new layer of corruption.
Clean House

United States

#14 Aug 7, 2007
I hope by take over they actually mean bulldoze!
jxrey

Miami, FL

#15 Aug 7, 2007
Great, the feds took over. I feel better now.
crooks gone wild

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#16 Aug 7, 2007
Miami is a joke- these cubans hanve made Miami a look like crap. they have stolen every thing that they can get thier hands on in Miami and destroyed all of the programs put in place to help Americans when they get old, forget medicare and medicade they have stolen it all. and where is home land security and the coast guard they should be fired also how can they be doing thier job when every morning that we wake up they have allowed a new group of cubans to come up on key Biscayne.
go figure this

United States

#17 Aug 7, 2007
it's 3rd world in miami.....what a disgrace! put the cubans back on boats and send them back to fight castro....their all cowards anyway or else they would have taken back that miserable island long ago.
Jeb

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#18 Aug 7, 2007
This story is terrible! What was wrong with the Housing Authority? What have they not done? What do the FEDS intend to do? Why did this happen? Who wrote this story? All of the basics of a story have been left out. BAD JOB!
Jose

United States

#19 Aug 7, 2007
The Feds goofed because they should have taken over the entire county.
Jose

United States

#20 Aug 7, 2007
Milena wrote:
I don't think there is a single agency in Miami-Dade county that is not corrupt and/or incompetent.
I don't think the office of the school superintendent for Dade County is corrupt. All other agencies may be so.
Justin

United States

#21 Aug 7, 2007
Jeb wrote:
This story is terrible! What was wrong with the Housing Authority? What have they not done? What do the FEDS intend to do? Why did this happen? Who wrote this story? All of the basics of a story have been left out. BAD JOB!
Know your facts before you begin to blow hot air.
Yeah Rah

Hollywood, FL

#22 Aug 7, 2007
Does this mean the 'English' Speaking 'Native' Americans will now have the opportunity to get assistance they have paid for and their ancestors have paid for????
Carlos

United States

#23 Aug 7, 2007
go figure this wrote:
it's 3rd world in miami.....what a disgrace! put the cubans back on boats and send them back to fight castro....their all cowards anyway or else they would have taken back that miserable island long ago.
Give them liberty or give them Miami.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Miami Dade County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kendall Rapist: Miami-Dade police announced the... (Apr '09) Aug 24 Be better 457
News With gay marriage decided, Florida will add gen... Aug 23 Fundiementally ill 1
News Broward Judge Terri-Ann Miller wants misconduct... (Nov '07) Aug 16 Angelayala1027 27
News Bias Alert Nyt under fire for 'scoop' on Rubio ... Jun '15 Le Jimbo 30
News Flood victims need emotional and spiritual stre... Jun '15 HumanSpirit 5
News South Florida woman reunited with her dog after... Jun '15 Dr Reker s Bellhop 3
News Jeb Bush speaks to New Hampshire residents at a... Apr '15 Dork Alert 2
More from around the web