Teacher accused of stalking student a...

Teacher accused of stalking student appears in court

There are 9 comments on the WSVN-TV Miami Beach story from Sep 23, 2010, titled Teacher accused of stalking student appears in court. In it, WSVN-TV Miami Beach reports that:

A South Florida teacher accused of stalking a student is ordered to stay away. A judge has granted a 13-year-old student temporary restraining order against the teacher, Lauren Cagianello, Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WSVN-TV Miami Beach.

Keystone-Residen t

Miami, FL

#1 Sep 23, 2010
The family making these accusations has played the media in an attempt to gain coverage and support of their absurd claims.

The FACTS ARE the Knight’s have harassed and waged battle against Ms. Cagianello, many other children in our community, school administrative staff (Principal, Assistant, Counselors and this teacher) and each and every claim has been deemed "unfounded" and "no probable cause".

Mr. and Mrs. Knight, two former police officers, are the problem, not the teacher. This all started over a teenage girl spat - and the Knights became involved and the story and battle has now continued for over one year. Besides Ms. Cagianello - their poor daughter has had to suffer their absurd claims and accusations for one year. She's a victim alright, but only due to her parents becoming involved in a teenage girl spat.

If you want the real story, one based upon harassment of children at school and in our community, misuse of power and abuse of process (two former police officer calling in 'favors'), investigate Mr. and Mrs. Knight and the North Miami Police Department.
X student at this school

Miami, FL

#2 Sep 23, 2010
That is bull shit. Whenever I got in trouble Ms.Cagianello would say that is good for. She would often tell my friend that he is stupid. What is a teacher doing throwing toilet paper at someones house.
JusttheTruth

Miami, FL

#3 Sep 25, 2010
I have to tell anyone in doubt that this teacher bullied this poor girl should hear what I heard on the web.

I just heard an audio recording of two of the bullies telling a Female Adult, I beleive it was the Principal or something that they had bullied this poor girl! Worst yet, they also said that this teacher was the one that made them do it!!!
studentxxx

Miami, FL

#4 Oct 9, 2010
JusttheTruth wrote:
I have to tell anyone in doubt that this teacher bullied this poor girl should hear what I heard on the web.
I just heard an audio recording of two of the bullies telling a Female Adult, I beleive it was the Principal or something that they had bullied this poor girl! Worst yet, they also said that this teacher was the one that made them do it!!!
Where did you here this? Who were the girls? I bet that you have ABSOLUTLEY NO IDEA what actualy happened. The claims against ms. Cagianello are insane. She was stalked and harassed by the knights. Everybody should here BOTH sides of the story before you make a desicion. The knights are ex cops who are abusing there power and Cagianello should be having a restraining order against THEM. She did nothing wrong and told NO ONE to bully the knight girl. They are using the media for people to get sympathy and think that ms. cagianello is crazy when THEY are the crazy ones.
Shores Resident

United States

#5 Oct 29, 2010
It seems like Keystone Resident snd studentxxx are in fact Lauren herself. Considering she seems to know information that were not even leaked to the media or on any board. Let's just agree that what happened to this young girl was totally out of line.
And having whitnessed Laurens attitude towards children at times, I do believe that she has the capability to cross the line. As she gets comfortable with families the line between professional and friend is greatly blurred. It really is only a matter of time
until all people get what they deserve. For
both parties!
had her last year

Miami, FL

#6 Nov 6, 2011
When I heard this on the News I was extremely freaked out...
omg

Bronxville, NY

#7 Oct 18, 2012
I had ms. cagianello, she wasn't a bad teacher. but when i first heard about this in mr. Brinson's i freaked out.
another xxxxx student

Miami, FL

#8 Jun 28, 2013
This does not surprise me, this I the worst teacher ever, she should not a teacher...My daughter is totally traumatized she had her this year for 4th Grade, thinking of taking her to court have witnesses and proof. Will not stay quite!!!
another xxxxx student

Miami, FL

#9 Jun 28, 2013
This does not surprise me at all, this is the worst teacher ever, she should not be a teacher...my daughter had her this year for her grade and she has left my daughter totally traumatized, my daughter has been in that school since kinder and never a problem, always an Honor Roll Student and perfect attendance...There is obviously a big problem with that teacher she is not all there and is a danger to students. Must not be teaching, thinking of taking matters to court, I have proof and witnesses!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Miami Dade County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kendall Rapist: Miami-Dade police announced the... (Apr '09) Apr '16 Xxxxxxx 459
News Poll: Clinton holds hefty lead in Florida Mar '16 Go Blue Forever 10
vote wise keep Mar '16 vote rubio tuesday 1
News South Florida braces for affects of possible Ha... (Jan '10) Mar '16 Missy 11
News Courts seek 24 new judges, most in South Florida Nov '15 Anonymous 1
News With gay marriage decided, Florida will add gen... (Aug '15) Nov '15 Sneaky Pete 7
News The budget deal would put an end to a popular S... (Nov '15) Nov '15 private guy 12
More from around the web