Metcalfe magistrates table ATV trail ...

Metcalfe magistrates table ATV trail idea

There are 12 comments on the Glasgow Daily Times, Glasgow, KY story from Jun 15, 2011, titled Metcalfe magistrates table ATV trail idea. In it, Glasgow Daily Times, Glasgow, KY reports that:

Metcalfe County magistrates tabled action Tuesday morning to develop an all-terrain vehicle trail in the county.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Glasgow Daily Times, Glasgow, KY.

jesse

Greensburg, KY

#1 Jun 15, 2011
IS THIS THE GUY THEY ALSO CALL Bozo. THAT DONATED THE LAND.
Knows

Glasgow, KY

#2 Jun 16, 2011
I don't know about that but I do know that other land owners in the area will have even more problems with ATV riders trespassing on their property. It has been bad for years now and nothing gets done about it.
Fact

Glasgow, KY

#3 Jun 16, 2011
Maybe Bell and Wilson should start their own atv course with their own money. Then in a couple of years and it is making money offer that county a stake in the business. Why should the and the tax payers be on the hook for Bell and Wilson to sale over priced propety to the county. Don't forget the Wilson deal when he hooked up his buddy and gave him 25,000 dollars of our hard earned buddy for 2 acres. I say if Bell and Wilson want a atv park then they should use their hard earned money to build it and not run to the taxpayers.
DUH

Glasgow, KY

#4 Jun 17, 2011
Fact wrote:
Maybe Bell and Wilson should start their own atv course with their own money. Then in a couple of years and it is making money offer that county a stake in the business. Why should the and the tax payers be on the hook for Bell and Wilson to sale over priced propety to the county. Don't forget the Wilson deal when he hooked up his buddy and gave him 25,000 dollars of our hard earned buddy for 2 acres. I say if Bell and Wilson want a atv park then they should use their hard earned money to build it and not run to the taxpayers.
The reason most who have money have it is because they got it through government handouts or "programs". Have you heard the gumbment is having a little difficulty paying its bills lately. How many have fancy homes and vehicles to go with their welfare barns,fences, political jobs and so forth. I say you are right let private enterprise handle it. If you notice all the advocates of this ATV "program" work for the government. DUH

“Yeah I'm nuts!”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#5 Jun 20, 2011
sounds like sour grapes and whining to me. you all seem to have negative and nasty things to say about others....but i have to ask...what the hell have you done for our "county"? i know nothing about the land sale except that if so many think there was a "shady" deal going on what did YOU do to prevent it? probably nothing but whine and b*tch. as for DUH...its spelled government, NOT gubment...sounds like you are just jealous of others who have worked hard to earn what they have. your thinking that the government is how people got things is pure stupidity and says to me that you are just another whiner. i think the ATV trail idea is worth researching and i DONT work for the government! i do ride an atv.
fisherman

Glasgow, KY

#6 Jun 27, 2011
metcalfe county needs to work on what they have,they have a lake that half gets mowed no weedeating done,they have grills that cannot be used and no play area for the kids,a perfectly good place going to hell.no other county's lake and park looks like that

“Yeah I'm nuts!”

Location hidden

#7 Jun 27, 2011
fisherman wrote:
metcalfe county needs to work on what they have,they have a lake that half gets mowed no weedeating done,they have grills that cannot be used and no play area for the kids,a perfectly good place going to hell.no other county's lake and park looks like that
I completely agree! I have visited the park and found a great number of things that need to be addressed. I have prepared a written evaluation of my findings and will present it to the Fiscal Court at tomorrows regular meeting.
fisherman

Glasgow, KY

#8 Jun 28, 2011
spudstacular wrote:
<quoted text>I completely agree! I have visited the park and found a great number of things that need to be addressed. I have prepared a written evaluation of my findings and will present it to the Fiscal Court at tomorrows regular meeting.
sounds great,i live around the lake and they get several visitors everyday,it would b nice for them to b able to enjoy thier trip.i have two kids and they have to take turns on the swing that has been thier for decades but my kids do enjoy going there.several people from out of the county comes here to fish,it would b nice to have a place for a grill and picnic area like what use to b there.its a real nice and peaceful place,its a shame the county has let it go to ruins.

“Yeah I'm nuts!”

Location hidden

#9 Jun 28, 2011
fisherman wrote:
<quoted text>sounds great,i live around the lake and they get several visitors everyday,it would b nice for them to b able to enjoy thier trip.i have two kids and they have to take turns on the swing that has been thier for decades but my kids do enjoy going there.several people from out of the county comes here to fish,it would b nice to have a place for a grill and picnic area like what use to b there.its a real nice and peaceful place,its a shame the county has let it go to ruins.
I presented my report to the fiscal court this morning and there was a short discussion. if you would give me your email addy i will be glad to send you what i gave them. dont post it here tho..my email is [email protected]
needed economic boost

Glasgow, KY

#10 Jul 14, 2011
I'm not a politician, but this park could be a great thing for the county with the highest unemployment in the state. My understanding is that the trail would cross 5 counties (Metcalfe, Adair, Cumberland, Monroe, unsure of the 5th). This is a big deal as the eastern side of Metcalfe and surrounding counaties have perfect layouts for off-roading(ATV, side-by-sides, motorcycles). This could draw in riders from all over the eastern US, if not beyond. Instead of complaining about it, you should be supporting it to boost the economy and if you were really smart, you would be trying to figure out how to make money from it. Riders are going to need lodging/camping, food, gas, and maintanence/parts.

“Yeah I'm nuts!”

Location hidden

#11 Jul 15, 2011
needed economic boost wrote:
I'm not a politician, but this park could be a great thing for the county with the highest unemployment in the state. My understanding is that the trail would cross 5 counties (Metcalfe, Adair, Cumberland, Monroe, unsure of the 5th). This is a big deal as the eastern side of Metcalfe and surrounding counaties have perfect layouts for off-roading(ATV, side-by-sides, motorcycles). This could draw in riders from all over the eastern US, if not beyond. Instead of complaining about it, you should be supporting it to boost the economy and if you were really smart, you would be trying to figure out how to make money from it. Riders are going to need lodging/camping, food, gas, and maintanence/parts.
i agree. it could be a much needed draw for tourists, riders etc. Haven't heard anything about a multi-county trail although it could eventually happen. Lots of things need to be addressed and resolved. I am working to make it a reality
needed economic boost

Glasgow, KY

#12 Jul 22, 2011
Not to mention I just want to have these trails available for riding. They really are nice. Support the idea!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Metcalfe County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Echo Music Thread Jun 12 Musikologist 1
News Metcalfe deputy Thompson arrested (Jan '10) Jun 3 A guy 37
to be wed (Sep '10) May '16 Purple--yellow 3
News Harley Elizabeth Hawkins wins E/MC Chamber Scho... Apr '16 Lucy Jane Ann 1
Scott Gentry Mar '16 Cop 1
Metcalfe County Music Thread (Jul '14) Mar '16 Musikologist 4
Tim Shortt (Nov '15) Nov '15 easternbound 1
More from around the web