Case of alleged teen killer moves tow...

Case of alleged teen killer moves toward trial

There are 20 comments on the Glasgow Daily Times, Glasgow, KY story from Jul 22, 2009, titled Case of alleged teen killer moves toward trial. In it, Glasgow Daily Times, Glasgow, KY reports that:

A Metcalfe County teenager accused of killing his father appeared in Metcalfe Circuit Court Tuesday for a pretrial conference.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Glasgow Daily Times, Glasgow, KY.

FREEDOM

Glasgow, KY

#1 Jul 23, 2009
Free Fritz.
Free fritz

Glasgow, KY

#2 Jul 23, 2009
Every young person who went to school with this young man should take a stand with him.Be in court in September! ppl come together to support him publicly be in court.share what you know.He should be released pending trial.Does this young man have someone positive on the out side that he can stay with?This young man snapped under abuse and needs set free.
someone who cares

Glasgow, KY

#3 Jul 23, 2009
This child does have someone who cares and has been to every court date and visited him in the juvenile center. His MOM!!! If she had been made aware of what was going on in that house she would have beaten that bitch to with in an inch of her life. She was the main reason he was being abused in the last months of his fathers life!!!!
silver bullitt

Glasgow, KY

#4 Jul 23, 2009
I wish i could be on that jury, i would let him walk, pay him with state money for time served in jail which he didnt deserve as well as give him and accomadation for ridding the world of that scummy man that was supposed to be his father that beat and abused him. FREE JOSH!!! I just don't say this about anyone either. Murder is wrong and shouldbe punishable for someone thats killing someone for no reason or during a crime. Way i see it, it was josh kill or be killed. Actually was to easy the way he killed him, he ought to have made it a slow painful death, same as all the abuse he was put through over the years.
KyDove

Edmonton, KY

#5 Jul 24, 2009
I was thinking about this young man this week and I feel so sorry because I sense that he was a kid who had a bad home life and snapped as one writer said. I wish I could help him.
Tiffany

Glasgow, KY

#6 Jul 26, 2009
oh wow thats so sad, i just hope the jury is kind enough to see that, i wish there was a get out of jail free card for every child that was abused and just snapped...but of course the government see him as a criminal for taking another humans life, i don't know him personally, but i wanted to share my two cents and send my condolences.
stephanie

Glasgow, KY

#7 Jul 26, 2009
what is josh's last name?
saddened

Glasgow, KY

#8 Jul 28, 2009
This story really saddens me. I agree with everyone else who has posted that this child should be set free. He has already recieved his punishment. He was beaten and abused by a man who was supposed to be his role model. I agree with the poster who said he had one of two choices, kill or be killed. I think everyone who believes this child should be set free needs to be involved with this case. Everyone needs to be at the courthouse in September. They have this child in Barren County Jail. He looks so pityful. Like a child who is helpless and the whole world is against him. I think we all need to take a stand in what we believe! Set this child free!!!!
FYI

Canton, OH

#9 Jul 28, 2009
Free Josh. He has been punished enough, by a mad man.
Yes Sir

Glasgow, KY

#10 Jul 28, 2009
Free Josh. It was self defense.
someone who cares

Glasgow, KY

#11 Jul 29, 2009
Josh's trial starts September 8th in metcalfe co. Edmonton Ky At 9:00am. I hope all his friends will pack the court house and show him he has the support he needs. I will be beside him every step of the way.
all for one

Glasgow, KY

#12 Jul 29, 2009
I wonder can we visit in jail?I will be in court!
saddened wrote:
This story really saddens me. I agree with everyone else who has posted that this child should be set free. He has already recieved his punishment. He was beaten and abused by a man who was supposed to be his role model. I agree with the poster who said he had one of two choices, kill or be killed. I think everyone who believes this child should be set free needs to be involved with this case. Everyone needs to be at the courthouse in September. They have this child in Barren County Jail. He looks so pityful. Like a child who is helpless and the whole world is against him. I think we all need to take a stand in what we believe! Set this child free!!!!
saddened

Glasgow, KY

#13 Jul 30, 2009
Yes I am sure you can visit. Just call the jail. Their may be things he may need also. I would just ask the jail personnel.

“Destiny, it's the rising sun. ”

Since: Nov 08

Edmonton.

#14 Jul 30, 2009
I don't know about now that he's been transferred to Barren County but when he was in Adair you could visit if you were family, other wise you needed to have a court order from a judge stating you could visit him. His Public Defender is Resa Gardner and his Commonwealth Attorney is Karen Davis.

You might be able to get info from them as well.

Peace,
Jon
Commonwealth Attorney

Cave City, KY

#15 Jul 30, 2009
is the prosecuting attorney...she ain't going to cut him loose and she ain't going to help you see him. Call HIS attorney or call the jail, they'll tell you if he can have visitors.
FYI

Canton, OH

#16 Jul 30, 2009
Is there somewhere we can send him some money for canteen items? I don't know him, but my heart goes out to him.
someone who cares

Glasgow, KY

#17 Jul 31, 2009
While Josh was in the adair center only family could visit. Now that he is barren he can have visitors on Tuesday and Fridays but you must call first and get a scheduled time. His mom visits him on both those days so you will have to share the time with her.
its me

Glasgow, KY

#18 Aug 6, 2009
What I don't understand is if his dad tried to kill him all day why did'nt he just leave or call the police? It seems to me like that would've been better than murder.
KyDove

Edmonton, KY

#19 Aug 6, 2009
I have been in a marriage with physical abuse and it wasn't that easy to escape....think about that..although I do not know any details in this situation...I hope the boy can be helped.
its me

Glasgow, KY

#20 Aug 9, 2009
i'm sorry that you were in a relationship like that.I have to. At first it wasn't easy. but yes it can be done without murder.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Metcalfe County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Echo Music Thread (Jun '16) Jan '18 Musikologist 3
Max Rowe Jan '18 Cheating pos 1
News Ex-Kentucky judge reprimanded for stance on gay... Dec '17 Christaliban 2
News Judge who's against gay adoption misses discipl... Dec '17 NE Jade 2
Met[h]calfe County Nov '17 Steven G 2
News Hearing set for judge who refused to handle gay... Nov '17 Logic Analysis 4
News Kentucky judge who refused to handle gay adopti... Oct '17 Phyllis Schlafly ... 3
More from around the web