4 children, 1 adult die KY mobile hom...

4 children, 1 adult die KY mobile home fire

There are 53 comments on the WAVE-TV Louisville story from Apr 7, 2010, titled 4 children, 1 adult die KY mobile home fire. In it, WAVE-TV Louisville reports that:

A state official says four children and an adult have been killed in a mobile home fire in south central Kentucky.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WAVE-TV Louisville.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
God Bless Them

Cave City, KY

#46 Apr 9, 2010
glasgow wrote:
does anyone know what caused the fire and how it started?
The news said it was a fire starting in the wiring of the home.
Mcki

Eddyville, KY

#48 Apr 9, 2010
IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO IT WAS,THEY WERE HUMAN AND LIVES WERE LOST! NOTHING MATTERS EXCEPT THE PRECIOUS LIVES. SOME PEOPLE JUST CAN'T UNDERSTAND UNTIL IT HAPPENS TO THEM OR SOMEONE THEY LOVE. MAY GOD BE WITH THE FAMILY AND FRIENDS AND BLESS THEM ALL.
bonnie posey

Horse Cave, KY

#51 Sep 3, 2010
this is the mother and the sister of the lives that where taking and my husband and brothers tried to save all of them but the fire had done got to bad we had fire alarms in every room.I wished people would grow up and quit downing our family havent we been threw enough ''THANK YOU''.
tabitha

Glasgow, KY

#52 Sep 8, 2010
i went to school with them and i miss them a lot they was some sweet kids
bryan perry

Glasgow, KY

#53 Sep 8, 2010
kay kay wrote:
they got smoke alarms over at wal mart for 5.99-or you can get a pretty good one for a little more-if you all don't have one -get one then you won't be in this fix. goodness people it ain't that hard-buy a smoke alarm or 3-it will save your life-just change batteries once a year--is that too hard to do??
let me tell you something you stup ass we did have smoke alarm . i am going to tell very body you need to keep your mouth shut if you dont no what the hell you are talking about.
bryan perry

Glasgow, KY

#54 Sep 8, 2010
kay kay wrote:
LOOKS LIKE IF ANYBODY GOT OUT THEY COULD HAVE GRABBED A kid being that many??were they cookin meth?
you are the stuipes bitch i very seen saying shit like this no we was not cooking mith we was a sleep ween this happen. and i try to get them out but the fire blow me back out . and please quit talking about my family very boby i me it . you no were i live come and say it to my face you pussy
Tabitha Perry

Glasgow, KY

#55 Sep 8, 2010
all the ones that have been on here saying hurtful stuff and putting my husband's family down you know what it makes me wanna find u and make u hurt just as bad as we are but you know what i don't have to cause one day your day will come i promise you that you will pay in the long run!!! my husbands family and i is going through alot we dont need someone elses comments to make it worse...but for the ones who is praying and knows what were going through thank you & god bless you and ur family!!!!
KYBLUEYESFROMCAV ECITY

Nashville, TN

#56 Sep 14, 2010
I HAVE KNOWED THAT FAMILY FOR A LOMG TIME And one of the little girls used to come to my house and no it was not there fault bc there traler caught on fire so i dont think it is funny about ppl running there mouth mouth them bc they was good ppl
sweetkentuckygir l

Glasgow, KY

#57 Sep 18, 2010
OMG ppl really need to shut up for this family is going thru enuf already! Its a shame that SOMEONE wants to make things evn harder for someone who has already been dealing with enuf! Apparently u dont kno what its like to lose a loved one, especially a child of ur own huh?? Know the facts be4 u start running ur lip! I have known this family for years, especially Melanie and Bonnie and Its horrible that this has happened to their family! Sometimes I wonder why did it have to happen to such good ppl ya kno! I think about them all the time. I couldnt imagine what they went thru but I am assuming its probly the hardest thing they have ever dealt with! My prayers and sympathy continues with you all! God Bless You All!
im from menifee

Lexington, KY

#58 Sep 18, 2010
Neighbor wrote:
listen, im on the fire dept that made the run. I was out of town during the fire but we put our lives on the line for you and we dont make a penny! we do it out of pure will to help the community! Whether its 1 in the morning or 1 in the afternoon, we drop whatever were doing and go to help you!The fire depts did everything they could to rescue the victims. its just the nature of the fire. it was a mobile home. do you know how long it takes a mobile home to go from a small flame to fully engulfed? 4 MINUTES! The majority of the time, thats not even enough time to get there. We do our best to protect and rescue everyone! Be thankful! If you think you can do better, apply at your local dept!
though i do not live there I want to thank you for your service. God Bless you and all fire personel. My daughter used to volunteer fire fight and I have a few friends who are fire persons. You all are in my prayers.
im from menifee

Lexington, KY

#59 Sep 18, 2010
This is a horrible tragedy and Ill keep all involved in my thoughts and prayers. May GOd Bless this whole family and all those who passed and especially those precious little babies that have now become HIS angels.
well

Glasgow, KY

#60 Sep 18, 2010
this hadnt been commented on since april shouldnt have brought it back up no one was talking about it
edd

Prospect, KY

#61 Sep 18, 2010
Neighbor wrote:
listen, im on the fire dept that made the run. I was out of town during the fire but we put our lives on the line for you and we dont make a penny! we do it out of pure will to help the community! Whether its 1 in the morning or 1 in the afternoon, we drop whatever were doing and go to help you!The fire depts did everything they could to rescue the victims. its just the nature of the fire. it was a mobile home. do you know how long it takes a mobile home to go from a small flame to fully engulfed? 4 MINUTES! The majority of the time, thats not even enough time to get there. We do our best to protect and rescue everyone! Be thankful! If you think you can do better, apply at your local dept!
who said anything about the fire dept.?just do the job you signed up for,and stfu,hero my thoughts and prayers go out to the family

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Metcalfe County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I Miss U (Nov '12) Aug 21 Unity 2
Echo Music Thread Jun '16 Musikologist 1
News Metcalfe deputy Thompson arrested (Jan '10) Jun '16 A guy 37
to be wed (Sep '10) May '16 Purple--yellow 3
News Harley Elizabeth Hawkins wins E/MC Chamber Scho... Apr '16 Lucy Jane Ann 1
Scott Gentry Mar '16 Cop 1
Metcalfe County Music Thread (Jul '14) Mar '16 Musikologist 4
More from around the web