4 children, 1 adult die KY mobile hom...

4 children, 1 adult die KY mobile home fire

There are 53 comments on the WAVE-TV Louisville story from Apr 7, 2010, titled 4 children, 1 adult die KY mobile home fire. In it, WAVE-TV Louisville reports that:

A state official says four children and an adult have been killed in a mobile home fire in south central Kentucky.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WAVE-TV Louisville.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
gloria

Munfordville, KY

#1 Apr 7, 2010
i knew these kids and i really hate it i know they can use any and all the help and prays that they can get.
so sad

Clinton, IA

#2 Apr 7, 2010
It was Danny Garmon's family members.
SAD

Cave City, KY

#3 Apr 7, 2010
THIS FAMILY HAS IT HARD , NOW SOMETHING LIKE THIS HAPPENS lORD PLZ BE W/ THEM THRO THIS HARD TIME , THIS IS MY SISTER N LAWS FAMILY I NEW EVERY ONE OF THEM KIDS , THEY WERE SO SPECIAL AN LOVED VERY MUCH,
Jennifer kelley

Corbin, KY

#4 Apr 7, 2010
I think that it is really sad. I always wonder why theese things happen. I pray to god for the ones they love that have been left behind.
Neightbor

Louisville, KY

#5 Apr 7, 2010
Yeah they lived down the street from me. This is really a time to lend a helping hand and reach out for them. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!
Jennifer kelley

Corbin, KY

#6 Apr 7, 2010
I always wonder why theese things happen,to the people who did not ask for this.I will pray for you.And the loved ones that are left behind. God loves us all. Just pray that whoever reads this and knows the family. can heal in peace.
LaToya

Horse Cave, KY

#7 Apr 7, 2010
what do da adults do when there is a fire-run and its every man for theirselves??
HEARTBROKEN

Cave City, KY

#9 Apr 7, 2010
LaToya wrote:
what do da adults do when there is a fire-run and its every man for theirselves??
ARE U STUPID?? IF u were in a fire 3am would u be thinking??? an who is to say they didn't try to get them out? I no u are a stupid person for askin the question ,
Neighbor

Louisville, KY

#11 Apr 7, 2010
listen, im on the fire dept that made the run. I was out of town during the fire but we put our lives on the line for you and we dont make a penny! we do it out of pure will to help the community! Whether its 1 in the morning or 1 in the afternoon, we drop whatever were doing and go to help you!The fire depts did everything they could to rescue the victims. its just the nature of the fire. it was a mobile home. do you know how long it takes a mobile home to go from a small flame to fully engulfed? 4 MINUTES! The majority of the time, thats not even enough time to get there. We do our best to protect and rescue everyone! Be thankful! If you think you can do better, apply at your local dept!
jesse bowles

Glasgow, KY

#12 Apr 7, 2010
well thats my sister and the fire dept did aall they could do n we thank you for that and just keep my sister in mermory n prays too
YOU MAKE ME SICK

Birmingham, AL

#13 Apr 7, 2010
LaToya wrote:
ARE YOU REALLY THAT STUPID.. Have you heard that most times the smoke gets to them before the fire plus kids lungs are smaller those parents didn't leave those babies you need to shut the Hell up for you start sh*t. It's bad enought they lost their babies and everything they owned.
YOU MAKE ME SICK

Birmingham, AL

#14 Apr 7, 2010
jesse bowles wrote:
well thats my sister and the fire dept did aall they could do n we thank you for that and just keep my sister in mermory n prays too
I'm so sorry for your loss i can't imagine what your family is going through. My prays are with you family in this time of need.
kay kay

Horse Cave, KY

#15 Apr 7, 2010
they got smoke alarms over at wal mart for 5.99-or you can get a pretty good one for a little more-if you all don't have one -get one then you won't be in this fix. goodness people it ain't that hard-buy a smoke alarm or 3-it will save your life-just change batteries once a year--is that too hard to do??
neighbor

Louisville, KY

#16 Apr 7, 2010
listen up kay kay, your pretty cold hearted. peoples loved ones, homes, and pretty much entire lives were taken away and all you can do is complain? what if a fire burnt down your house and killed half your family? you want somebody makin fun of you for not havin a smoke alarm or something? have some sympathy. i mean your ridiculous! smoke alarms do help but they dont always get you out. As I mentioned above, it only takes 4 MINUTES for a mobile home to become fully engulfed. It takes probably 1-2 minutes for the fire to become big enough for to reach the smoke detector. that leaves you about 2 minutes to wake up, realize whats going on, and get out of the house! not a lot of time is it? mobile homes are bad when it comes to fires so theres not really much you can do with them. like I said, if it were your family and house that burnt up, im sure you wouldnt want everyone pointing out what you did wrong instead of mourning the losses with u? grow up and show some heart! goodness!
know them

Cave City, KY

#17 Apr 7, 2010
LaToya wrote:
fyi they did try and get the kids out but they couldnt get into them.they broke the window out to the roomfrom the outside and still couldnt get in. how would you feel it it was your family or friends hearing their screams and you couldnt do a thing to help
jesse bowles

Glasgow, KY

#18 Apr 7, 2010
listen here kay kay u need to hope the fuck up off here and quit talkin shit that was my sister and family i annt bout to let noone talk bout them.so if u dnt mind just stop. it is hard anuff on us allready if u lost your family u would be the same.neighbor dnt worry bout these ppl they annt got no feelin for nobody.i thank you very much for goin out there and just ppl on here all we ask is to keep us in u pray n we will keep u in r. i love you sis hope everythings goes good
language

Munfordville, KY

#19 Apr 7, 2010
jesse bowles wrote:
listen here kay kay u need to hope the fuck up off here and quit talkin shit that was my sister and family i annt bout to let noone talk bout them.so if u dnt mind just stop. it is hard anuff on us allready if u lost your family u would be the same.neighbor dnt worry bout these ppl they annt got no feelin for nobody.i thank you very much for goin out there and just ppl on here all we ask is to keep us in u pray n we will keep u in r. i love you sis hope everythings goes good
do you realy need to cuss
language

Munfordville, KY

#20 Apr 7, 2010
ignore people like kay kay they just dont care because all they do is trie to hurt everyone else she just a piece of trash and im sorry for your loss they were probably great kids
Your Coldhearted

Glasgow, KY

#22 Apr 7, 2010
kay kay wrote:
they got smoke alarms over at wal mart for 5.99-or you can get a pretty good one for a little more-if you all don't have one -get one then you won't be in this fix. goodness people it ain't that hard-buy a smoke alarm or 3-it will save your life-just change batteries once a year--is that too hard to do??
Thank you they don't always work my in-laws trailer just burnt down and luck they weren't home because the fire marshall said the way the fire started in the roof that the fire alarms wouldn't have worked and the ceiling would have fell in on top of them so how about before you trash talk someone you stop and think what if it was your family!!
neighbor

Horse Cave, KY

#23 Apr 8, 2010
actually they did have fire alarms or so i was told by one of the survivors. he had to be at work at 4 in the morning so he thought his alarm clock was waking him up. when he did realize what was going on he did everything he could to get everyone out. it was unfornunate tragedy and my thoughts are with that family as they should be in everyone elses. i know them and they are good people

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Metcalfe County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I Miss U (Nov '12) Aug 21 Unity 2
Echo Music Thread Jun '16 Musikologist 1
News Metcalfe deputy Thompson arrested (Jan '10) Jun '16 A guy 37
to be wed (Sep '10) May '16 Purple--yellow 3
News Harley Elizabeth Hawkins wins E/MC Chamber Scho... Apr '16 Lucy Jane Ann 1
Scott Gentry Mar '16 Cop 1
Metcalfe County Music Thread (Jul '14) Mar '16 Musikologist 4
More from around the web