Glasgow approves public smoking prohibition

Mar 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Glasgow Daily Times, Glasgow, KY

After hearing many contrasting opinions, the Glasgow City Council barely passed the first reading of an ordinance prohibiting smoking in enclosed public spaces at their regular meeting Monday night.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
SMOKEY

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2010

Judged:

THE SMOKING BAN IN GLASGOW IS JUST ANOTHER CHANGE FROM THE HYPOCRITICAL BIBLE BELT WANNABEE'S. BOTTOM LINE IS WHEN I GO INTO A PUBLIC RESTROOM AND SOMEONE IS TAKING A DUMP AND I DONT WANNA SMELL THIER S*** BUT I HAVE NO CHOICE UNLESS I CHOOSE NOT TO GO IN THERE I GUESS I COULD JUST PEE ON THE SIDEWALK.NO POINT IS IF I GOT TO GO IM FORCED TO GO IN THERE.NO ONE IS FORCED TO GO WHERE PEOPLE ARE SMOKING.SO LETS MAKE A LAW THAT IF YOU GOT TO TAKE A S*** YOU HAVE TO GO HOME TO DO IT.ON AN EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION YOU CANNOT BE PREJUDICE,BIAS STEREOTYPE,OR DESCRIMINATE.WELL WHY THE H*** IS IT OK FOR OUR CITY COUNSEL TO TAKE IT AMONGST THEMSELVES
TO DO IT. THATS LIKE MAKING EVERY RACE LIVE IN THIER OWN PART OF THE TOWN.PEOPLE WAKE THE F*** UP AND FIND SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE TO DO WITH YOUR TIME INSTEAD OF WASTING OUR TAXPAYER MONEY ON YOUR DUMBA** CLEANEX BOX SO YOU CAN WIPE YOUR TEARS FROM THE CRYING CAUSE PEOPLE SMOKE.MAKING A SMOKING BAN IS NOT OK SO DONT WORD IT TO MAKE IT SOUND LIKE IT IS.LEAVE PEOPLE ALONE.YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVE NOTHING TO DO SO MAYBE SOME COUNSEL MEMBERS NEED TO BE LAYED OFF.
YOU ARE DESTROYING THIS TOWN PIECE BY PIECE
whodat

Magnolia, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2010

They be's a petition going around dis town to overturn dis ordinance.If you really care'bout dis, find , and sign de petition. It is out there.
Timmy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2010

Where is this petition?
Paul Revere

Magnolia, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2010

Timmy wrote:
Where is this petition?
Thanks for your help,Timmy, but it's in Glasgow, KY. I"ve heard it's at various sites. Like Real Estate businesses, etc.
The Family

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2010

I know of alot of people who would sign the petition. Let us know who got it.
henry

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2010

iw ill sign it and all my employess will too.
Hostess

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2010

henry wrote:
Why Henry. I didn't know you had employees. my oh my
what a dummy

Edmonton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2010

henry wrote:
Won't do any good. How many times does people have to tell you, this is not about rights. This is about HEALTH ISSUES, plain and simple and it will not be overturned, period....... You may as well get it through your thick shulls, this is the LAW and it't gonna stay that way, like it or not........
The truth hurts

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2010

The difference? You don't go to the bathroom ever again - you die. If you never smoke again - no health negatives. You can't compare the two.
SMOKEY wrote:
THE SMOKING BAN IN GLASGOW IS JUST ANOTHER CHANGE FROM THE HYPOCRITICAL BIBLE BELT WANNABEE'S. BOTTOM LINE IS WHEN I GO INTO A PUBLIC RESTROOM AND SOMEONE IS TAKING A DUMP AND I DONT WANNA SMELL THIER S*** BUT I HAVE NO CHOICE UNLESS I CHOOSE NOT TO GO IN THERE I GUESS I COULD JUST PEE ON THE SIDEWALK.NO POINT IS IF I GOT TO GO IM FORCED TO GO IN THERE.NO ONE IS FORCED TO GO WHERE PEOPLE ARE SMOKING.SO LETS MAKE A LAW THAT IF YOU GOT TO TAKE A S*** YOU HAVE TO GO HOME TO DO IT.ON AN EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION YOU CANNOT BE PREJUDICE,BIAS STEREOTYPE,OR DESCRIMINATE.WELL WHY THE H*** IS IT OK FOR OUR CITY COUNSEL TO TAKE IT AMONGST THEMSELVES
TO DO IT. THATS LIKE MAKING EVERY RACE LIVE IN THIER OWN PART OF THE TOWN.PEOPLE WAKE THE F*** UP AND FIND SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE TO DO WITH YOUR TIME INSTEAD OF WASTING OUR TAXPAYER MONEY ON YOUR DUMBA** CLEANEX BOX SO YOU CAN WIPE YOUR TEARS FROM THE CRYING CAUSE PEOPLE SMOKE.MAKING A SMOKING BAN IS NOT OK SO DONT WORD IT TO MAKE IT SOUND LIKE IT IS.LEAVE PEOPLE ALONE.YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVE NOTHING TO DO SO MAYBE SOME COUNSEL MEMBERS NEED TO BE LAYED OFF.
YOU ARE DESTROYING THIS TOWN PIECE BY PIECE
The truth hurts

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2010

Yeah, yeah. The "magical" petition. If it's SOOOOO big and so prominent, how come no one on Topix can answer 1) What it says and 2) Where it is at?
Paul Revere wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks for your help,Timmy, but it's in Glasgow, KY. I"ve heard it's at various sites. Like Real Estate businesses, etc.
Booger

Calgary, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2010

If it did exist you would have to have someone read it to you and show you where to put your mark.
caring

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2010

It is not that I do not like the smell of cigarette smoke. The actual smell is not all that bad but what it does to me physically is. I am very allergic to the cigarette smoke and it leaves me sick for days afterwards. There are many who are in the same shape I am in and cannot go where there is smoke. For us this sounds like a nice thing. If I were a smoker, for the sake of those who cannot tolerate smoke, I would simply go to a designated area or to my car to smoke.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Metcalfe County Discussions

Search the Metcalfe County Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Terri Shoemaker, 56, Edmonton, KY Mar 30 friend 2
costello family Feb '14 Good times 1
Metcalfe County and School info. (Jan '11) Sep '13 MCMS Hornet 6
For Kentucky HeadHunters, entering Hall of Fame... (Apr '13) May '13 sounds like to me 10
I have a funny smell coming from my kitty (Jan '13) Jan '13 have 4
Metcalfe Schools lay off 14 (May '11) Dec '12 Edmonton 3
Lost Beagle Hunting 11/28/2012 (Nov '12) Nov '12 Meljp 1
•••
•••
•••
•••