Mercer County Animal Shelter gives bo...

Mercer County Animal Shelter gives boxers Cain, Abel a second chance at life

There are 3 comments on the Bluefield Daily Telegraph story from Jul 25, 2011, titled Mercer County Animal Shelter gives boxers Cain, Abel a second chance at life. In it, Bluefield Daily Telegraph reports that:

Two dogs that had known little but neglect now have a chance for better lives, but they could still use some help before they find new homes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bluefield Daily Telegraph.

def

Princeton, WV

#1 Jul 25, 2011
I would like to adopt Abel if he's still there...

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#2 Jul 25, 2011
Awww I wish I could get them.

Bluefield, WV

#3 Sep 17, 2011
The Mercer county animal shelter is having some major problems right now. My friend had surrendered a mommy cat and 9 kittens about ten days ago. She was assured that due to their great health they would quickly be adopted. Thursday the family reclaimed the cat and kittens because they were covered in urine and feces and had not been appropriately fed or cleaned up after. She took them home and cleaned them up only to find out all of them had contracted a horrible virus during their inhumane treatment at the mercer county pound. She took them to the vet and they were give antibiotics and other drugs. The mother cat had lost four pounds in the 9 days she was at the pound. All of the kittens were struggling to breathe. Last night two of the kittens died from the viral infection they contracted during their time at the pound. This afternoon the mommy cat and other kittens had to be put down because their airways were closing off. This is a sad situation. She took very good care of them before taking them to the pound and I saw all of them and they were VERY healthy when surrendered. This has caused their family great grief. I hope that she will seek criminal charges for the animal abuse of that beautiful cat and kittens. Justice needs to be sought for all of the animals in the shelter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mercer County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Community Connections voices opposition to beer... (Jun '14) Apr 17 Dave 7
County Commission Apr 16 Sarah 1
Michelle Thurmure Engagement Apr 10 Ben Dover 3
I am in love with a married man Mar '18 Rufus 2
Joe Parks Mar '18 AnnieMatthews 1
News Mercer County Drug Dealer Sentenced to 15 Years... (Jan '10) Feb '18 columbo2 75
Mercer County woman steals a lifetime of my mem... Jan '18 Lain 2