Animals being Euthanized at Mercer An...

Animals being Euthanized at Mercer Animal Shelter

Posted in the Mercer County Forum

Bluefield, WV

#1 Sep 17, 2011
If you have recently received or purchased a cat or kitten from the mercer county animal shelter BEWARE!!!! My friend just had her cat and kittens put down after they contracted an horrible virus at their facility. Have heard they are doing mass euthanizations yesterday and today.
par

Beckley, WV

#2 Sep 20, 2011
Guest wrote:
If you have recently received or purchased a cat or kitten from the mercer county animal shelter BEWARE!!!! My friend just had her cat and kittens put down after they contracted an horrible virus at their facility. Have heard they are doing mass euthanizations yesterday and today.
sorry your freinds cats died.Shelters don't 'sell' animals they adopt them out for a fee to cover the spay and neuter and vaccintaion fees. They don't make money on them that's for sure. Guess your not aware that animals in shelters are very apt to pick up contagious illensses as well as dogs. Par for the course unfortunately. They often come out sick or get sick afterwards if they've been exposed to contagious diseases. If people would quit breeding all these animals or spay and neuter to prevent accidental breedings there would be no need for shelters like Mercer County.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mercer County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Security Nov 14 uncle terry 1
News Mercer County Drug Dealer Sentenced to 15 Years... (Jan '10) Nov 2 lamont 74
News Princeton mayor resigns following DUI accident Oct 19 RICH SLAVE 10
News Bluefield man charged after branding woman Sep '17 DJ Wolfman Mike 12
unjust decisions (Mar '17) Mar '17 lynn 2
News Manhunt continues (Jul '14) Mar '17 lovelace 3
News Mother sues to stop Bible classes in West Virgi... (Jan '17) Mar '17 all of you are trash 5
More from around the web