Facility for drug rehabilitation prop...

Facility for drug rehabilitation proposed for Bluefield

There are 9 comments on the Bluefield Daily Telegraph story from Jul 27, 2011, titled Facility for drug rehabilitation proposed for Bluefield. In it, Bluefield Daily Telegraph reports that:

A local community action group is one step closer to opening a facility in downtown Bluefield that would help low-risk substance abuse offenders get back on their feet.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bluefield Daily Telegraph.

Yes

Danville, VA

#1 Jul 28, 2011
We absolutely need this.

Every single one of us knows or has known someone whose life was damaged by drug abuse (whether it was their own or one of their loved ones' abuse).

For many of these people, treatment is effective, it does help them stop the destructive patterns (or at least become functional again), and it prevents them from turning to a life of crime to support their habit.

This is very important to our community. Build it.
wondering

Elizabethtown, KY

#2 Jul 28, 2011
I would love to be a part of recover u are right we do need something like that around here BUT would the people of Bluefield go
Angie

Rock, WV

#3 Aug 4, 2011
Bluefield doesnt have a drug problem. I dont see anything in the paper about drugs in Bluefield. The paper does say that Princeton, Welch, Tazewell and Richlands have problems. Always big drug busts there. Nothing about Bluefield so we must be clean and sober. ; )
IKNOW

Northfork, WV

#4 Aug 4, 2011
Bluefield DOES have a drug problem......first off ALL the local media including the paper and the so called local Tv....never cover most things that SHOULD BE COVERED.The "so called police blotter that PATHETIC paper from time to time prints has a pathetic few calls in a week period....FAR FAR FROM THE TRUTH....there is an accurate blotter on the internet it is free and tells the truth.....[email protected] and you can add your name to the e mail listing and know THE TRUTH!
I am one of a growing MANY that are fed up with the so called media and their MISREPRESENTATION of all things here.
Last night the news headlines on WVVA were a dispute between the pathetic newspaper and the pathetic tv over who is right as to when it hits 90 here....PATHETIC at best.In a sense WHO REALLY CARES!!Neither one of them ever gets the facts right or should I say the TRUTH.
The crime statistics SHOULD be accurately reported for Bluefield....not censored by a media or any one else including the mayor.
Angie

Rock, WV

#5 Aug 4, 2011
I was joking IKNOW, note the smiley face. That addy you listed is an email address, what is the web page addy?
IKNOW

Northfork, WV

#6 Aug 4, 2011
Angie wrote:
I was joking IKNOW, note the smiley face. That addy you listed is an email address, what is the web page addy?
To answer your question this IS an e mail address....send them an e mail stating to ADD YOU to their MAILING LIST...they will do so and send you a reply...then whenever they publish a new blotter list you will automatically be sent your own copy in an e mail to read as you please and even print if you wanted to.
This is NOT A WEB PAGE but an E MAIL letter anyone can subscribe to...it is FREE ...no cost whatsoever...and available to anyone with e mail access.Every time a new one comes out you will automatically receive your personal e mail copy.
This is done by some folks that are wanting the truth out and are sick of the "media" controlling and covering everything up.
HA HA

Antioch, TN

#7 Aug 19, 2011
Angie wrote:
Bluefield doesnt have a drug problem. I dont see anything in the paper about drugs in Bluefield. The paper does say that Princeton, Welch, Tazewell and Richlands have problems. Always big drug busts there. Nothing about Bluefield so we must be clean and sober. ; )
what paper do you read,thats one of the funniest things ive ever heard. if you belive that you are a moron dumbass!!!!
HA HA

Antioch, TN

#8 Aug 19, 2011
Sorry Angie I didnt read the other posts. I was thinking this woman is crazy. agin im so sorry!
Angie

Rock, WV

#9 Aug 25, 2011
How often does the gadd608 letter come out. I received one but thats it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mercer County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who in Princeton drives the red looking Toyota... Aug 19 Carla 1
looking Jul '15 dolphin7 1
News Mercer County truancy rates plunge (Jan '13) Jun '15 money velocity 4
News Man convicted of 1995 murder claims innocence, ... (Apr '11) May '15 llllll 117
News Arrest Made In Princeton Murder Case (Mar '12) Apr '15 484325Dust 10
News Bird watchers: Survey tracks eagles in Southern... (Mar '09) Jan '15 JDW 17
News Child care worker arrested (Nov '13) Jan '15 Dr Deborah Akers 4
More from around the web