Mercer County School Counselor Facing 20 County of Child Porn Trafficking

Sep 18, 2010 Full story: WVNS-TV 316

Brett Bowyer, 31, of Mercer County is behind bars after a joint investigation by West Virginia State Police, and the West Virginia Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force .

Full Story
First Prev
of 16
Next Last
Good Point

Sneedville, TN

#1 Sep 18, 2010
At what school did he work?
from wvva

Newton, WV

#2 Sep 18, 2010
guidance counselor and head wrestling coach at Princeton High School.
dude

Bluefield, WV

#3 Sep 18, 2010
Brett Boyer, PSHS.
asdf

Beckley, WV

#4 Sep 18, 2010
Princeton High.
Zoltan

Myrtle Beach, SC

#5 Sep 18, 2010
I really can't believe I let that guy coach me. That school gets better and better... I'm happy I moved.
Shea

Bluefield, WV

#6 Sep 18, 2010
Zoltan, shut up man. lol
I love how everyone is talking pure shit about him, but they havent released anything but the bare-ass basics. It could all turn out to be a fraud or a framing situation.
I've known Bowyer for four years now, and I've talked to him 100s of times.
So until we know more:
FREE BOWYER!!!
I know

Tarboro, NC

#7 Sep 18, 2010
Well, well, well. Ms. "Almighty Akers" has the power to hire decent people but she CHOOSES to hire pedophiles instead. Her illegal hiring practices are hurting our children in more ways than one! Not only does she refuse to hire competent people but she is now putting our children in danger of being molested on a regular basis. Even after Courtney Wallace was dismissed for sexual abuse she turned around and was letting him work as a security guard with our children at athletic functions. The woman is NUTS and needs to GO!
I know

Tarboro, NC

#8 Sep 18, 2010
Shea wrote:
Zoltan, shut up man. lol
I love how everyone is talking pure shit about him, but they havent released anything but the bare-ass basics. It could all turn out to be a fraud or a framing situation.
I've known Bowyer for four years now, and I've talked to him 100s of times.
So until we know more:
FREE BOWYER!!!
It is what it is! I hope that you don't have little girls that you'd trust him to supervise. I am sure that the law had suffient reason to make an arrest before doing so!
True Tiger

Beckley, WV

#9 Sep 18, 2010
I know wrote:
Well, well, well. Ms. "Almighty Akers" has the power to hire decent people but she CHOOSES to hire pedophiles instead. Her illegal hiring practices are hurting our children in more ways than one! Not only does she refuse to hire competent people but she is now putting our children in danger of being molested on a regular basis. Even after Courtney Wallace was dismissed for sexual abuse she turned around and was letting him work as a security guard with our children at athletic functions. The woman is NUTS and needs to GO!
im sure this guy didnt put pedophile on his resume
urmisinformed

Beckley, WV

#10 Sep 18, 2010
Excuse me but not all the employees in the Mercer County School System are pedophiles or child pornography trafficers! There are countless numbers of dedicated, competent, and law-abiding teachers, custodians, principals, guidance counselors, cooks, service personnel, etc that bust their butts everyday for the well-being of today's youth here in Mercer County!! Teachers are probably the most under-appreciated and underpaid professionals in our society today. You cannot simply use two very extreme examples to justify your criticism of Dr. Akers! And no, I am not a supporter of Dr. Akers at all! I feel that she is grossly overpaid!
Shea

Bluefield, WV

#11 Sep 18, 2010
I know wrote:
Well, well, well. Ms. "Almighty Akers" has the power to hire decent people but she CHOOSES to hire pedophiles instead. Her illegal hiring practices are hurting our children in more ways than one! Not only does she refuse to hire competent people but she is now putting our children in danger of being molested on a regular basis. Even after Courtney Wallace was dismissed for sexual abuse she turned around and was letting him work as a security guard with our children at athletic functions. The woman is NUTS and needs to GO!
You are ignorant. Where in the arrest information did it ever say that Bowyer was a child molester? Pedophilism by pictures and Molestation are two EXTREMELY different acts, the latter being EXTREMELY worse. I will not debate on Akers' competence, but you need to stop exaggerating the evidence.
good grief

Sneedville, TN

#12 Sep 18, 2010
I get so tired of hearing how wonderful and underpaid teachers are in WV. I had to fight tooth and nail just to get my child through school in Mercer County. Most of the educating is left up to the parents. Teachers seem to be more preoccupied with their own issues than anything else. The entire system in Mercer County needs to be looked at very closely and many, many changes need to be made starting with Akers and on down the line. About 25% of teachers would be left if all the bad apples were gotten rid of.
Both Bad

Sneedville, TN

#13 Sep 18, 2010
Pedophiles and child pornography are two different crimes but are closely linked and both are clearly illegal and are sexual offenses...and you don't know what was going on in the pictures...usually that is a direct result of molestation - if not by the person viewing it, possibly by the person taking the pictures or otherwise participating. They are not extremely different.
phew

Bluefield, WV

#14 Sep 18, 2010
good grief wrote:
I get so tired of hearing how wonderful and underpaid teachers are in WV. I had to fight tooth and nail just to get my child through school in Mercer County. Most of the educating is left up to the parents. Teachers seem to be more preoccupied with their own issues than anything else. The entire system in Mercer County needs to be looked at very closely and many, many changes need to be made starting with Akers and on down the line. About 25% of teachers would be left if all the bad apples were gotten rid of.
Thank you for clarifying at the end of that.
My mother was a special-education teacher for the longest time, and it was her life; helping those children. She did everything for them, and she never focused on anything but them.
She is now a specialist in the field.
I do agree that too many teachers slack off though.
Oh Please

Beckley, WV

#15 Sep 18, 2010
On what do you base your assertion that only 25% of Mercer County teachers are up to snuff? I'm sure that there's some sort of scientific basis behind your assessment, especially given that your child must have attended every single school in the county AND had every single teacher. Your child's hardships do not represent every child's experience in Mercer County.
Terrence

Bluefield, WV

#16 Sep 18, 2010
Shea wrote:
<quoted text>
You are ignorant. Where in the arrest information did it ever say that Bowyer was a child molester? Pedophilism by pictures and Molestation are two EXTREMELY different acts, the latter being EXTREMELY worse. I will not debate on Akers' competence, but you need to stop exaggerating the evidence.
R u stupid or what?!!!
What do u think was or had been done to a child being photographed nude??????????
Get a clue u dumbs$$
I know

Tarboro, NC

#17 Sep 18, 2010
Shea wrote:
<quoted text>
You are ignorant. Where in the arrest information did it ever say that Bowyer was a child molester? Pedophilism by pictures and Molestation are two EXTREMELY different acts, the latter being EXTREMELY worse. I will not debate on Akers' competence, but you need to stop exaggerating the evidence.
Can you read????? Maybe, you are the one that is ignorant! I said that she was putting our children in danger of being molested...... not that Bowyer had molested a child.
What

Tarboro, NC

#18 Sep 18, 2010
Oh Please wrote:
On what do you base your assertion that only 25% of Mercer County teachers are up to snuff? I'm sure that there's some sort of scientific basis behind your assessment, especially given that your child must have attended every single school in the county AND had every single teacher. Your child's hardships do not represent every child's experience in Mercer County.
From the looks of the list of Mercer County Schools that did not meet AYP (annual yearly progress) I'd say she is about right.
Shea

Bluefield, WV

#19 Sep 18, 2010
Terrence wrote:
<quoted text>
R u stupid or what?!!!
What do u think was or had been done to a child being photographed nude??????????
Get a clue u dumbs$$
A child...hmmm...cause if I'm not mistaken, people under the age of 18 are considered minors, correct?
Well, with this recent 'sexting' craze, there was probly no sexual acts being involved. It was probly self-taken shots.
DUMBASS. Learn how to speak.
Shea

Bluefield, WV

#20 Sep 18, 2010
I know wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you read????? Maybe, you are the one that is ignorant! I said that she was putting our children in danger of being molested...... not that Bowyer had molested a child.
Putting your children in danger of being molested...by who then? Who may we protect our children against? Hmm???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mercer County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bluefield man claiming to be magical warlock ar... (Apr '14) Sep '14 move mountains 7
need laid Sep '14 come on women 1
Two arrests made in robbery Aug '14 Sir curious 11
Two men plead guilty in holding cell beatings Aug '14 Pete 7
New River Mercer campus to have home in Princet... Jul '14 Agreed 2
Court reconsiders bond, murder charge in Boozer... (Feb '10) Jul '14 Priddy 64
off-road vehicle focus group & test drive Jul '14 Participants Needed 1

Mercer County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE