Murder-Suicide in Mercer County

Murder-Suicide in Mercer County

There are 18 comments on the West Virginia Metro story from May 21, 2012, titled Murder-Suicide in Mercer County. In it, West Virginia Metro reports that:

According to the Mercer County Sheriff's Department, 21-year-old John Paul Moore shot and killed his father 51-year-old Clarence Moore II and then turned the gun on himself.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at West Virginia Metro.

Emily

Atlanta, GA

#1 May 21, 2012
I'll miss you so much, John. I hate the way they're wording this, like you planned to kill your father. We know it wasn't like that. You just broke.
my my my

Princeton, WV

#3 May 21, 2012
what a shock! Anyone know what could have happened? Both were very good guys,This is unreal.
Wvninja

Princeton, WV

#4 May 21, 2012
Not good. Killer. Not. Good.
Emily

Atlanta, GA

#5 May 21, 2012
Edward wrote:
Boo Hoo
If he didn't plan to kill his father, he would not have pointed a gun at him and pulled the trigger.
He is a murderer, and gave himself what he deserved.
If you knew a damn thing, which you don't because this news article doesn't tell ANY of the facts, you'd know the gun went off while they were FIGHTING over it while Clarence tried to say his son.
People who LOVED THIS FAMILY are READING THIS ARTICLE. INCLUDING ME. I hope you never, ever find out how this feels so that you don't have to re-think your snap judgment.
Emily

Atlanta, GA

#6 May 21, 2012
my my my wrote:
what a shock! Anyone know what could have happened? Both were very good guys,This is unreal.
John was severely depressed, my understanding is that Clarence tried to wrestle the gun from him and it went off.
so sad

Richmond, VA

#7 May 21, 2012
That's sad prayers r with the family
my my my

Princeton, WV

#8 May 21, 2012
Emily wrote:
<quoted text>
John was severely depressed, my understanding is that Clarence tried to wrestle the gun from him and it went off.
he must have been trying to keep it hid.I talked to him and he always seemed like he was happy,and going foward with his life.you never know whats help up inside someone,till its too late.This is so sad for all,especially his poor loe momma,God please stay beside her,and help her through this.Im sure shes going to need support from anyone that knew her.I am not a Christian,But have ask God to stay with her and help her through these sad times.God,It has to be so heartbreaking on her,I couldnt really imagine.

Since: Apr 12

Rupert, WV

#9 May 21, 2012
21 years old is way too young for such a rash decision. The guy hadn't lived long enough to realize what life has to offer.

Condolences to the family.
my my my

Princeton, WV

#10 May 21, 2012
Edward wrote:
Boo Hoo
If he didn't plan to kill his father, he would not have pointed a gun at him and pulled the trigger.
He is a murderer, and gave himself what he deserved.
You are one sick B@$turd.Shame that you didnt get yours yet.With a attiude like you have,The world would have been so much betterr off,It it had been you.Maybe you will get in this shape soon,and do the world a favor.You sure are heartless,cruel,and very rude.you are sick!
joy

Princeton, WV

#11 May 22, 2012
Emily wrote:
<quoted text>
If you knew a damn thing, which you don't because this news article doesn't tell ANY of the facts, you'd know the gun went off while they were FIGHTING over it while Clarence tried to say his son.
People who LOVED THIS FAMILY are READING THIS ARTICLE. INCLUDING ME. I hope you never, ever find out how this feels so that you don't have to re-think your snap judgment.
why would you of started this topic!? you no how critical people can be!!
Emily

Atlanta, GA

#12 May 22, 2012
joy wrote:
<quoted text>why would you of started this topic!? you no how critical people can be!!
I'm not the one who put it here... I was googling to try to find more information about my dead friend and what possibly could have happened. Didn't want to ask his mother too many questions, considering what she's going through.

I saw the article and just replied to it.
Emily

Atlanta, GA

#13 May 22, 2012
my my my wrote:
<quoted text>he must have been trying to keep it hid.I talked to him and he always seemed like he was happy,and going foward with his life.you never know whats help up inside someone,till its too late.This is so sad for all,especially his poor loe momma,God please stay beside her,and help her through this.Im sure shes going to need support from anyone that knew her.I am not a Christian,But have ask God to stay with her and help her through these sad times.God,It has to be so heartbreaking on her,I couldnt really imagine.
None of us thought he was this bad off. If we did, we would have made sure he got help. We're not sure what happened, it's like he just snapped.
Emily

Atlanta, GA

#14 May 22, 2012
joy wrote:
<quoted text>why would you of started this topic!? you no how critical people can be!!
Also, I wanted to defend my friend who is being misrepresented as a lunatic and that isn't the case.
Dakota Dillow

Eaton, OH

#15 May 22, 2012
I know nothing of this. But..........HEAD SHOT
someones mom

Marietta, GA

#16 May 24, 2012
Don't feed the trolls. Why do people read the newspapers and find some horrible tragedy so that they can make nasty comments to the friends and family of the victims? I mean, WHO EVEN DOES THAT? Fortyish morons living in their Mom's basement. Why would anyone care what they think? Don't even bother reading comments on newspaper articles.
If you are one of the trolls or slugs, don't bother defending yourself because I don't have any reason to read this newspaper again.
wife who lived in apartme

Princeton, WV

#17 May 30, 2012
The young man had been given his grandpa's gun. clancence dad.. He was depressed and was gave lithum. It makes people go crazy so if you want to blame blame southern highlands. John was showing the gun to lots of neighbors. The day it happened he didn't know there was a bullett in gun and it went off. Dad died quick. son wrote note sayin he was sorry. So let mom and wife grive. RIP JOHN (GZZY) & CLANCE (DAD)
May

Chesapeake, VA

#18 Jun 3, 2012
I remember one day a few years ago, John and I were still together despite our having moved to different states, and he rang me one day and said, 'I might not be focused too much right now, Meg, but I am going to focus on our happiness. I love you and I don't want you to worry.' Those, my friends, are not the words of a murderer or a lunatic, they are the words of a good and loving person who changed my life. He was hilarious, kind, extremely intelligent, and had the most amazing eyes any of us had ever seen. They were pale green and flecked with bits of purple, fringed by long, dark, gorgeous lashes, and his smile could light up a room. John was beautiful. He was not perfect by any means, but all of his imperfections melded together to make him who he was and I loved and adored that person. We all did, and those of us who knew him know what really happened. He never intended to hurt Clarence; the gun went off when dad tried to get it away from him. It was an accident. Rest in peace, Clarence. And rest in peace my darling John.
A Family Member

Lawrenceville, GA

#19 Jul 16, 2012
Emily, John's Mom wouldn't mind your asking questions. And to all of you expressing kind thoughts, thank you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mercer County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mercer County truancy rates plunge (Jan '13) Jun 7 money velocity 4
News Man convicted of 1995 murder claims innocence, ... (Apr '11) May '15 llllll 117
News Arrest Made In Princeton Murder Case (Mar '12) Apr '15 484325Dust 10
News Bird watchers: Survey tracks eagles in Southern... (Mar '09) Jan '15 JDW 17
News Child care worker arrested (Nov '13) Jan '15 Dr Deborah Akers 4
News Prostitution still a problem despite winter wea... (Feb '14) Nov '14 Yes man 7
News Bluefield man claiming to be magical warlock ar... (Apr '14) Sep '14 move mountains 7
More from around the web