Murder-Suicide in Mercer County

May 21, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: West Virginia Metro

According to the Mercer County Sheriff's Department, 21-year-old John Paul Moore shot and killed his father 51-year-old Clarence Moore II and then turned the gun on himself.

Comments
1 - 18 of 18 Comments Last updated Jul 16, 2012
Emily

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

I'll miss you so much, John. I hate the way they're wording this, like you planned to kill your father. We know it wasn't like that. You just broke.
my my my

Walkersville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

Judged:

what a shock! Anyone know what could have happened? Both were very good guys,This is unreal.
Wvninja

Lewisburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

Not good. Killer. Not. Good.
Emily

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

Judged:

Edward wrote:
Boo Hoo
If he didn't plan to kill his father, he would not have pointed a gun at him and pulled the trigger.
He is a murderer, and gave himself what he deserved.
If you knew a damn thing, which you don't because this news article doesn't tell ANY of the facts, you'd know the gun went off while they were FIGHTING over it while Clarence tried to say his son.
People who LOVED THIS FAMILY are READING THIS ARTICLE. INCLUDING ME. I hope you never, ever find out how this feels so that you don't have to re-think your snap judgment.
Emily

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

Judged:

my my my wrote:
what a shock! Anyone know what could have happened? Both were very good guys,This is unreal.
John was severely depressed, my understanding is that Clarence tried to wrestle the gun from him and it went off.
so sad

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

Judged:

That's sad prayers r with the family
my my my

Walkersville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

Judged:

Emily wrote:
<quoted text>
John was severely depressed, my understanding is that Clarence tried to wrestle the gun from him and it went off.
he must have been trying to keep it hid.I talked to him and he always seemed like he was happy,and going foward with his life.you never know whats help up inside someone,till its too late.This is so sad for all,especially his poor loe momma,God please stay beside her,and help her through this.Im sure shes going to need support from anyone that knew her.I am not a Christian,But have ask God to stay with her and help her through these sad times.God,It has to be so heartbreaking on her,I couldnt really imagine.

Since: Apr 12

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

Judged:

21 years old is way too young for such a rash decision. The guy hadn't lived long enough to realize what life has to offer.

Condolences to the family.
my my my

Walkersville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

Judged:

Edward wrote:
Boo Hoo
If he didn't plan to kill his father, he would not have pointed a gun at him and pulled the trigger.
He is a murderer, and gave himself what he deserved.
You are one sick B@$turd.Shame that you didnt get yours yet.With a attiude like you have,The world would have been so much betterr off,It it had been you.Maybe you will get in this shape soon,and do the world a favor.You sure are heartless,cruel,and very rude.you are sick!
joy

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

Emily wrote:
<quoted text>
If you knew a damn thing, which you don't because this news article doesn't tell ANY of the facts, you'd know the gun went off while they were FIGHTING over it while Clarence tried to say his son.
People who LOVED THIS FAMILY are READING THIS ARTICLE. INCLUDING ME. I hope you never, ever find out how this feels so that you don't have to re-think your snap judgment.
why would you of started this topic!? you no how critical people can be!!
Emily

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

joy wrote:
<quoted text>why would you of started this topic!? you no how critical people can be!!
I'm not the one who put it here... I was googling to try to find more information about my dead friend and what possibly could have happened. Didn't want to ask his mother too many questions, considering what she's going through.

I saw the article and just replied to it.
Emily

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

my my my wrote:
<quoted text>he must have been trying to keep it hid.I talked to him and he always seemed like he was happy,and going foward with his life.you never know whats help up inside someone,till its too late.This is so sad for all,especially his poor loe momma,God please stay beside her,and help her through this.Im sure shes going to need support from anyone that knew her.I am not a Christian,But have ask God to stay with her and help her through these sad times.God,It has to be so heartbreaking on her,I couldnt really imagine.
None of us thought he was this bad off. If we did, we would have made sure he got help. We're not sure what happened, it's like he just snapped.
Emily

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

joy wrote:
<quoted text>why would you of started this topic!? you no how critical people can be!!
Also, I wanted to defend my friend who is being misrepresented as a lunatic and that isn't the case.
Dakota Dillow

Eaton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

Judged:

I know nothing of this. But..........HEAD SHOT
someones mom

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2012

Don't feed the trolls. Why do people read the newspapers and find some horrible tragedy so that they can make nasty comments to the friends and family of the victims? I mean, WHO EVEN DOES THAT? Fortyish morons living in their Mom's basement. Why would anyone care what they think? Don't even bother reading comments on newspaper articles.
If you are one of the trolls or slugs, don't bother defending yourself because I don't have any reason to read this newspaper again.
wife who lived in apartme

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2012

The young man had been given his grandpa's gun. clancence dad.. He was depressed and was gave lithum. It makes people go crazy so if you want to blame blame southern highlands. John was showing the gun to lots of neighbors. The day it happened he didn't know there was a bullett in gun and it went off. Dad died quick. son wrote note sayin he was sorry. So let mom and wife grive. RIP JOHN (GZZY) & CLANCE (DAD)
May

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2012

I remember one day a few years ago, John and I were still together despite our having moved to different states, and he rang me one day and said, 'I might not be focused too much right now, Meg, but I am going to focus on our happiness. I love you and I don't want you to worry.' Those, my friends, are not the words of a murderer or a lunatic, they are the words of a good and loving person who changed my life. He was hilarious, kind, extremely intelligent, and had the most amazing eyes any of us had ever seen. They were pale green and flecked with bits of purple, fringed by long, dark, gorgeous lashes, and his smile could light up a room. John was beautiful. He was not perfect by any means, but all of his imperfections melded together to make him who he was and I loved and adored that person. We all did, and those of us who knew him know what really happened. He never intended to hurt Clarence; the gun went off when dad tried to get it away from him. It was an accident. Rest in peace, Clarence. And rest in peace my darling John.
A Family Member

Lawrenceville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2012

Emily, John's Mom wouldn't mind your asking questions. And to all of you expressing kind thoughts, thank you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mercer County Discussions

Search the Mercer County Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
New River Mercer campus to have home in Princet... 58 min Ben Around 1
Court reconsiders bond, murder charge in Boozer... (Feb '10) Jul 27 Priddy 64
off-road vehicle focus group & test drive Jul 22 Participants Needed 1
Manhunt continues Jul 9 Stark Raving Mad 4
Several cited for Mercer County cock fight Jul 2 Big AL 22
Two arrests made in robbery Jun '14 seriously 10
Plea agreement negotiated in embezzlement, frau... Jun '14 bonn 1
•••
•••