Police capture purse snatcher who fle...

Police capture purse snatcher who fled on bike

There are 6 comments on the Bluefield Daily Telegraph story from Aug 17, 2011, titled Police capture purse snatcher who fled on bike. In it, Bluefield Daily Telegraph reports that:

The Princeton Police Department and Mercer County Sheriff's Department joined forces Wednesday morning to arrest a Tennessee man who stole the purse from a Princeton area woman and attempted to flee on a bicycle.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bluefield Daily Telegraph.

In the know

Princeton, WV

#1 Aug 18, 2011
The paper left out 1 detail. The cops didn't catch him on their own. They had help. Fox And Thompson employees witnessed the incident, called 911, and chased the guy until cops got there. If it wasn't for these guys, this SOB would have gotten away.
Reswatch

Princeton, WV

#2 Aug 18, 2011
In the know wrote:
The paper left out 1 detail. The cops didn't catch him on their own. They had help. Fox And Thompson employees witnessed the incident, called 911, and chased the guy until cops got there. If it wasn't for these guys, this SOB would have gotten away.
They weren't there when he was caught. I saw and heard it all from my window. The Deputies got him down the alley. Everyone one else was looking in the yard and bushes at the apartments next to the bank. If you all chased him from Roses then it looks to me that he got away from you. Especially when he was caught up near my apartment. Catching him is all that matters. Always a glory hunter out there.
In the know

Princeton, WV

#3 Aug 18, 2011
Reswatch wrote:
<quoted text>They weren't there when he was caught. I saw and heard it all from my window. The Deputies got him down the alley. Everyone one else was looking in the yard and bushes at the apartments next to the bank. If you all chased him from Roses then it looks to me that he got away from you. Especially when he was caught up near my apartment. Catching him is all that matters. Always a glory hunter out there.
I'm not a glory hunter and I don't know these people. I just wanted them to be recognized. I know the cops caught him, but these guys helped. It was an awful situation. I'm thankful that woman didn't get hurt worse than what she did. Only a POS would attack a helpless old lady. And he's sitting in jail right now.
fed up

United States

#4 Aug 18, 2011
As long as he got arrested.
I think they should have beat the suit out of him as that poor little lady was hurt and knocked unconscious!
Reswatch

Princeton, WV

#5 Aug 19, 2011
fed up wrote:
As long as he got arrested.
I think they should have beat the suit out of him as that poor little lady was hurt and knocked unconscious!
I definately agree. The sad part is a lot of people would talk crap about the cops for doing that and say they were corrupt etc... and would try to put them in prison. I think it would be justified for sure.
name

Penn Laird, VA

#6 Aug 19, 2011
What was his name ? I would like to see his picture on the jail site, while I was working I saw a man several times on a bicycle that was way to small for him. I saw him several times all over town.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mercer County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who in Princeton drives the red looking Toyota... Aug 19 Carla 1
looking Jul '15 dolphin7 1
News Mercer County truancy rates plunge (Jan '13) Jun '15 money velocity 4
News Man convicted of 1995 murder claims innocence, ... (Apr '11) May '15 llllll 117
News Arrest Made In Princeton Murder Case (Mar '12) Apr '15 484325Dust 10
News Bird watchers: Survey tracks eagles in Southern... (Mar '09) Jan '15 JDW 17
News Child care worker arrested (Nov '13) Jan '15 Dr Deborah Akers 4
More from around the web