Snake Bite Claims Pastor's Life

Snake Bite Claims Pastor's Life

There are 2 comments on the West Virginia Metro story from May 30, 2012, titled Snake Bite Claims Pastor's Life. In it, West Virginia Metro reports that:

The Mercer County pastor who died Monday after a bite from a timber rattlesnake during a religious service Sunday in McDowell County had been bitten by snakes at least three times previously.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at West Virginia Metro.

home girl

United States

#1 May 30, 2012
I thought that practice was stopped long ago.
Angela Lee

Versailles, KY

#3 Jul 18, 2012
Maybe its not illegal in West Virginia. It is in Tennessee and Kentucky. Not that I think its too bright an idea. People get too emotional - in fact carried away with emotion - at some services and that includes the snake-handling ones.

Seems to me its long past time West Virginia residents asked for their law to be changed on this issue.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mercer County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
House on bluefield ave Feb 20 Needtoknow 1
need laid (Sep '14) Feb 16 big jake 3
News Mother sues to stop Bible classes in West Virgi... Jan 27 Sweet Home WV 4
News Former trooper serving as new litter control of... (Mar '16) Dec '16 Homer Pittman 4
Mercer County Residents Needed for PAID Focus G... Nov '16 Focus Group Recru... 1
News Startup manufacturing businesses sought for Blu... Nov '16 interbutts 2
News Former church volunteer sentenced for abusing b... (Aug '16) Aug '16 Sad 3
More from around the web