'Nipping this in the bud'

'Nipping this in the bud'

There are 31 comments on the Bluefield Daily Telegraph story from Jul 24, 2012, titled 'Nipping this in the bud'. In it, Bluefield Daily Telegraph reports that:

An estimated $3.1 million worth of marijuana was seized in Mercer County Monday as part of eradication efforts orchestrated by the West Virginia State Police.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bluefield Daily Telegraph.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Apr 08

Rock, WV.

#23 Jul 24, 2012
The worst think about smoking pot is that it's an ambition killer.
proud FORMER weed addict

Spanishburg, WV

#24 Jul 24, 2012
Graybeard wrote:
The worst think about smoking pot is that it's an ambition killer.
technically, and psychiatrically, known as "Amotivational Syndrome"
Lol

Columbus, NJ

#25 Jul 25, 2012
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
but you see If pot was legal then the gateway would be close. The smoker would no longer have to deal with a dealer who tryes to get the to try stronger drugs.
Coffee is a gateway drug if all you want to do is look at numbers. Guess what, so is going to high school! Every pothead I know started off in high school. Those morons who let the media lead tem around by the nose will never use their heads for anything but a hatrack.
real truth

United States

#26 Jul 25, 2012
Have not known anyone to be "addicted" to MJ.
Don't recall any one having withdraws, over dose, side effects, organ damage, taking their life, killing others, not functional in society, or bad judgement (except food & comedy) lol
BUT, side effects from "Dr.Med."........
ALL OF THE ABOVE !
Oh, and FYI, don't smoke it now. But sure don't take"Dr.Med." either.
Not For Me

Charleston, WV

#27 Jul 27, 2012
proud FORMER weed addict wrote:
<quoted text>
technically, and psychiatrically, known as "Amotivational Syndrome"
Actually, it gives me everything I need to do things around the house and do great at my job. For some it may be an ambition killer but not for me. It MAKES me ambitious. So there. Close minded, brain washed people. Do you actually believe EVERYTHING the goverment tells you. If you do you asre a fool!
youre the idiot

Spanishburg, WV

#28 Jul 27, 2012
Not For Me wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it gives me everything I need to do things around the house and do great at my job. For some it may be an ambition killer but not for me. It MAKES me ambitious. So there. Close minded, brain washed people. Do you actually believe EVERYTHING the goverment tells you. If you do you asre a fool!
I guess you are going to have to excuse me for stating a fact; specifically what the medical community has labeled what another poster has discussed. If my knowledge of terminology makes me a fool, on the basis that I own a psychiatric manual, I wouldn't dare stoop so low to give you a taste of your own medicine and do the namecalling at you, based on your opinion. Good for you if you can smoke good bud without it interfering in your daily responsibilities. Unfortunately, many are misinformed when they believe the lie that it's not addictive. I have too many case studies and personal experiences to the contrary. Thanks for wasting my time, trolling another thoughtful response from myself, unto your black hole of nothingness.
Lol

Columbus, NJ

#29 Jul 28, 2012
youre the idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you are going to have to excuse me for stating a fact; specifically what the medical community has labeled what another poster has discussed. If my knowledge of terminology makes me a fool, on the basis that I own a psychiatric manual, I wouldn't dare stoop so low to give you a taste of your own medicine and do the namecalling at you, based on your opinion. Good for you if you can smoke good bud without it interfering in your daily responsibilities. Unfortunately, many are misinformed when they believe the lie that it's not addictive. I have too many case studies and personal experiences to the contrary. Thanks for wasting my time, trolling another thoughtful response from myself, unto your black hole of nothingness.
He may be trying to use an excuse, but there is no research supporting amotivational syndrome in humans. Te current school I thought us that it is due to personality traits present prior to smoking. It seems that lazy People like pot sometimes.
excuse THIS mofo XOXO

Spanishburg, WV

#30 Jul 28, 2012
Lol wrote:
<quoted text>He may be trying to use an excuse, but there is no research supporting amotivational syndrome in humans. Te current school I thought us that it is due to personality traits present prior to smoking. It seems that lazy People like pot sometimes.
Sheik Yerbouti

Richmond, IN

#31 Jul 28, 2012
Mitchell wrote:
<quoted text> How about you do neither! How about you dont smoke weed and you dont buy illegal pills! Just take what you are perscribed by your doctor. I Swear to God you people will make any excuse to smoke your dope. Get off your asses and run for Congress or Senate and try your hardest to get into a position to get it legalized! Until then IT IS ILLEGAL! YOU DONT LIKE IT THEN MOVE TO AMSTERDAM!
How many names do you need to use to push your self righteous bullshit? You have cited no credible evidence which is typical of twits like you! Gateway drug? Addictive? Are you really that stupid?
I know

Princeton, WV

#32 Aug 3, 2012
I have never been a fan of weed or any drug for that matter but I know of a friend that smokes weed only because he is in so much pain from a disase he has. He is no druggie by any means. Hes a good christian man but without smoking a few puffs of the weed he cant function. You would never know he had any he doesnt get high or sit around stoned, he only does it to numb his pain. I think it should be legal ! Alcohol is ten times worse it destroys your liver and if you drive you can kill yourself or some innocent person. You dont hear of any deaths of smoking weed!!! Make it legal!!!
Lol

Columbus, NJ

#33 Aug 3, 2012
excuse THIS mofo XOXO wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =FqGOy6YapVwXX
Not bad at all

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mercer County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former church volunteer sentenced for abusing b... Aug 19 Sad 3
News Wills arrest, conviction shocks community (Jan '10) Jun '16 Eat ME 20
News Stimulus dollars offer relief for unemployed (Apr '09) May '16 Monroe das muh nayme 5
News Doom ready to take position as Princeton's new ... (Dec '12) Mar '16 Fired 6
McGinnis for Prosecutor Mar '16 Christine Smallwood 1
Daniel and Christine Gasoline Mar '16 Laura 1
News Former trooper serving as new litter control of... Mar '16 Reg 2
More from around the web