Celina man sent to prison for murder

Celina man sent to prison for murder

There are 68 comments on the The Daily Standard story from Jul 24, 2009, titled Celina man sent to prison for murder. In it, The Daily Standard reports that:

Jason Thomas of Celina showed no emotion Wednesday afternoon as Mercer County Common Pleas Court Judge Jeffrey Ingraham sentenced him to 15 years to life for the murder of his 10-month-old stepson.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Standard.

Since: Nov 09

Celina, OH

#41 May 27, 2010
Quite a lot of talk since I last checked the site! I must agree with Sarah from Dekalb. There seems to be quite a lot of people sticking up for someone that plead guilty... I know that if I didn't do it, the last damn thing I would be doing is taking a plea. Where is the logic in that?
Not to worried about it though. I am sure that his new roommate "Bubba" will have something nice, hard, and warm for him when the lights go out. One can only hope that jailhouse justice takes place and he is laying 6 feet under next to his son soon. Child killers are at the bottom of the totem pole in prison right next to the pedophiles. I am sure that he would make a nice "bitch" for some big, strong man...LMAO
I hope he rots...
deez nuts

Upper Sandusky, OH

#42 Jun 6, 2010
Jason thomas + dead baby = 1 life long ass beating. Julie better send him a money order so can buy some KY, he's gonna need it!!
rob

Fort Recovery, OH

#43 Jul 15, 2010
deez nuts wrote:
Jason thomas + dead baby = 1 life long ass beating. Julie better send him a money order so can buy some KY, he's gonna need it!!
i dont know who the hell you think you are but talking shit about a man who cant defend himself is being a straight coward.actually you sound like more of a bitch to me.jason didnt do any of the shit he is accused of.the person guilty of the shit is still walking the streets.you need to know facts before you talk shit about anyone.sounds like you know quite a bit about being fucked in prison.you must have been a good little bitch to someone in there.the truth will comeout one day.
rob

Fort Recovery, OH

#44 Jul 15, 2010
by the way you can lick deez nuts bitch
pissed off

Fort Recovery, OH

#45 Jul 15, 2010
julie wrote:
i dont know who your "excellent" authority is about his other children but i am one of their mothers. i think i know better than you about those situations. our son saw jason every other weekend.
i agree kole should still be alive but no one knows what really happened that day aside from sydney and jason.
as for sydney's reaction to kole being in the hospital...its either suspicious or totally normal "in shock" behavior. you dont know the answer and neither do i.
that is not normal behavior for a mother to watch their child like that. i know for a fact that syd sat there at the hospital right after it happened and didnt even shed a tear. she was with that baby before she went to work. and she is the last one that saw him. so what does that make you think. she is a coniving lieng slut. who work in a bar with slutty ass clothes on after this happens. she needs to rot in jail!
rob

Fort Recovery, OH

#46 Jul 15, 2010
Speed_419 wrote:
Quite a lot of talk since I last checked the site! I must agree with Sarah from Dekalb. There seems to be quite a lot of people sticking up for someone that plead guilty... I know that if I didn't do it, the last damn thing I would be doing is taking a plea. Where is the logic in that?
Not to worried about it though. I am sure that his new roommate "Bubba" will have something nice, hard, and warm for him when the lights go out. One can only hope that jailhouse justice takes place and he is laying 6 feet under next to his son soon. Child killers are at the bottom of the totem pole in prison right next to the pedophiles. I am sure that he would make a nice "bitch" for some big, strong man...LMAO
I hope he rots...
you are a coward too!you have all kinds of shit to say on here.you have no idea what happened that day.you should be 6 feet under for talking sit bitch!

Fort Recovery, OH

#47 Jul 19, 2010
rob wrote:
<quoted text>
you are a coward too!you have all kinds of shit to say on here.you have no idea what happened that day.you should be 6 feet under for talking sit bitch!
Rob, you obviously haven't had much formal education so let me help you out a little bit. When someone pleads guilty to a crime, that means they did it. It doesn't mean the police tricked them, or their lawyer was an idiot. It means that they chose NOT to go to court because they knew that the facts that would be presented would be enough for a conviction. The Prosecutor, gives them a deal for not taking up the courts time, hence a shorter prison sentence.
Maybe why you are actually so upset is because now your lover will be getting it from other men, rather than you. I don't know why you are so adamant about defending an admitted child murderer, but I feel more sorry for you. It must be tough not having your lover close by.
Oh, and sorry for using such large words sometimes. I tried to keep them small. If you find any of them that are difficult, or hard, use a dictionary. You might gain something from it and benefit society instead of just being a Troll on forums...Schmuck!
Your momma 2010

Levittown, NY

#48 Jul 21, 2010
who cares wrote:
jason thomas has been a f*ck up his whole life, didnt know the mother but knew him and can see him being that dumb
I agreee with you 100%... he use to kill bunnys and rape cats one time i watched him go down on my doggies lil wammer.
down south

Seymour, TN

#49 Jul 30, 2010
If I didnt commit a crime I would fight tooth and nail to get out of it,not just take a plea bargain.
down south

Seymour, TN

#50 Jul 30, 2010
a man who cant defend himself....are you fu#$#ing serious...that baby couldnt defend himself this man can.
disgusted2010

Charleston, WV

#51 Sep 1, 2010
i could see jason doing this.. he beat on his last girlfriend so what makes anyone think he wouldnt do it to a baby. he cares about noone but himself.. i am not saying he did it, but i could see him doing it. i believe sydney had something to do with it as well. i have a source that was also in the room, and she was not worried or upset about kole. but more worried about herself being comfortable. jason has a HORRIBLE temper. and is definetly capibable of doing this.
disgusted2010

Charleston, WV

#52 Sep 1, 2010
and i am from Celina not New York.
Sarah

Severn, MD

#53 Sep 2, 2010
And so you all (Ok, MOST of you) continue defending this guy. Maybe he didn't mean for the baby to die, but then again, most who shake a baby don't....they lose it in a moment of rage. Baby won't stop crying. He loses his temper. Hurts the baby. And then realizes what he's done. I'm not saying he's not sorry......I'm sure he is very sorry. But what I am saying is cold, hard facts. He plead guilty. If I was not guilty, I can tell you one thing....I would fight as hard as I could to clear my name and defend myself. Were any of you in the courtroom?! Did any of you hear his defense?! Did you hear the details?! Funny thing. He must not like prison much. Just saw this on his file. He trying to get it overturned now?

08/04/2010 NOTICE & ENTRY OF APPEARANCE OF DEFENSE COUNSEL AND MOTION FOR WITHDRAWAL OF NO CONTEST PLEAS AND TO VACATE JUDGMENTS OF GUILTY AND JUDGMENTS OF SENTENCES, WITH MEMORANDUM, AFFIDAVITS AND TRANSCRIPT IN SUPPORT FILED. COPY ISSUED TO COURT.

Hmmmmmm.

Celina, OH

#54 Sep 10, 2010
Sarah wrote:
And so you all (Ok, MOST of you) continue defending this guy. Maybe he didn't mean for the baby to die, but then again, most who shake a baby don't....they lose it in a moment of rage. Baby won't stop crying. He loses his temper. Hurts the baby. And then realizes what he's done. I'm not saying he's not sorry......I'm sure he is very sorry. But what I am saying is cold, hard facts. He plead guilty. If I was not guilty, I can tell you one thing....I would fight as hard as I could to clear my name and defend myself. Were any of you in the courtroom?! Did any of you hear his defense?! Did you hear the details?! Funny thing. He must not like prison much. Just saw this on his file. He trying to get it overturned now?
08/04/2010 NOTICE & ENTRY OF APPEARANCE OF DEFENSE COUNSEL AND MOTION FOR WITHDRAWAL OF NO CONTEST PLEAS AND TO VACATE JUDGMENTS OF GUILTY AND JUDGMENTS OF SENTENCES, WITH MEMORANDUM, AFFIDAVITS AND TRANSCRIPT IN SUPPORT FILED. COPY ISSUED TO COURT.
Hmmmmmm.
He probably has found a new "buddy" that has been giving him exactly what he deserves!.. IMO it couldn't have happened to a better guy.. Hopefully they are making him dress like a bitch and forcing him to wear makeup...LMAO
mother of 2

Celina, OH

#55 Nov 20, 2010
Julie wrote:
<quoted text>
the mother told him to "take a nap" before she left for work. kole was "sleeping" in his playpen. jason woke up 3-4 hours later. he was not the one that called 911 and he was not on the brink of suicide because of "what he did to kole". he was at his recently deceased uncle's grave, worried that he would get blamed for this. his "confession" does not account for all the broken and twisted bones. nor does it account for the damage i saw personally 2 weeks prior.
no one knows what happened and the police did not do an investigation. you can call what i say defending if you want to, but i'm stating fact here, not my opinion. if he did this and it can be proven, then by all means, let him rot in jail. kole did nothing, he was a baby, but the right people need to be brought to justice for his terrible death.
there are facts...sarah just stated those facts. he was the only one home and he did commit the crime( why make up so many lies before you tell the truth?)...he did call 911, there is a recording of it. he was out at his uncles grave...with a knife ( why would the PD make that up?) he is very manipulative and a liar...he lied about everything...right down to the military...he got into a fight and was kicked out. proven fact, period. he lied about cars he drove, how much money he had, houses he said he owned but didnt. i believe that he did have a rough life growing up which is unfair...but he needed help. Its very sad that everyone on here is arguing about what jason did or didnt do...and even if that girl syd did do it or had something to do with it....why didnt he say nething or open is mouth, becasue the jason that i know...would have thrown anybody under the bus to save his own ass. whats more disturbing is that there is a beautiful baby boy who lost his life due to careless adults. it is very sad and it makes me angry becasue NO CHILD should be beaten to death for just being innocent. Fly High in the heavens Kole...
julie

Rockford, OH

#56 Nov 21, 2010
mother of 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
there are facts...sarah just stated those facts. he was the only one home and he did commit the crime( why make up so many lies before you tell the truth?)...he did call 911, there is a recording of it. he was out at his uncles grave...with a knife ( why would the PD make that up?) he is very manipulative and a liar...he lied about everything...right down to the military...he got into a fight and was kicked out. proven fact, period. he lied about cars he drove, how much money he had, houses he said he owned but didnt. i believe that he did have a rough life growing up which is unfair...but he needed help. Its very sad that everyone on here is arguing about what jason did or didnt do...and even if that girl syd did do it or had something to do with it....why didnt he say nething or open is mouth, becasue the jason that i know...would have thrown anybody under the bus to save his own ass. whats more disturbing is that there is a beautiful baby boy who lost his life due to careless adults. it is very sad and it makes me angry becasue NO CHILD should be beaten to death for just being innocent. Fly High in the heavens Kole...
for the most part, i agree with you. i don't know why he made up all those stories, i don't know why if she had something to do with it that he didn't throw her under the bus...i just don't know. and you are correct, kole did not deserve to have to die because of the carelessness of the adults in charge of him.
mother of 2

Celina, OH

#57 Dec 10, 2010
julie wrote:
<quoted text>
for the most part, i agree with you. i don't know why he made up all those stories, i don't know why if she had something to do with it that he didn't throw her under the bus...i just don't know. and you are correct, kole did not deserve to have to die because of the carelessness of the adults in charge of him.
Thank You.
wow

Oak Forest, IL

#58 Feb 14, 2011
was this syd darras? i have not been to celina in a few years and heard nothing of this. it is a shame. children having children. why wasnt the child protection agency involved if there was a history?
ashlie

Wellington, OH

#59 Jun 4, 2011
No it's not Sydnee Darras. I don't know who Sydnee is really. All I know is everyone needs to grow up and go off facts rather than hear say.
dontlikeitohwell

Marion, OH

#60 Jun 5, 2011
well I'm really not familiar with the case....but I will say this...just because u plead guilty doesn't mean u are. Sometimes it means the prosecutor has trumped up the charges sooo high that if u are found guilty you are completely screwed....It is common knowledge that prosecutors ALWAYS over-charge to try and impose a "deal" on u. It is a automatic win for his record and it cost the state less. I don't know if he did it...but people need to be aware of the facts of prosecutors over-charging. Lesson to all is...sometimes your better off to take it to the box...its likely that that prosecutor has over-charged u and at least 1 jury member will realize that u maybe guilty of one thing..but not what the prosecutor has charged u with....the risk that the prosecutor takes is if u call his bluff and take it to the box and are found not guilty because he over-charged u. Too many fall for this trickery....take it to the box! And never get a court appointed lawyer...all lawyers are required to take so many court appointed cases a year and they are paid the same amount whether they have 10 hours on your case or 100...so its in his best interest to get ur case off his desk and convince you to take a plea too, because he has other paying customers who require his time and attention....hope this helps someone in the future!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mercer County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
seas family Oct '16 Wondering 1
Hillary clinton corruption(IRS) Jul '16 nvn 1
News Wapakoneta state trooper confronted by armed ma... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Bill O Rights 1
News Celina man barricades himself in bathroom (Mar '15) Mar '15 the_cwb 1
News Motorcyclist dies in accident (Jul '11) Jul '14 mary 15
Coldwater Cops Are Corrupt (May '14) May '14 No Longer A Victim 1
News Deputies Make Arrest (May '14) May '14 spooks 1
More from around the web