Celina man sent to prison for murder

Jul 24, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Daily Standard

Jason Thomas of Celina showed no emotion Wednesday afternoon as Mercer County Common Pleas Court Judge Jeffrey Ingraham sentenced him to 15 years to life for the murder of his 10-month-old stepson.

Comments
1 - 20 of 68 Comments Last updated Nov 26, 2013
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Jessica

Van Wert, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2009

I do not belive that Jason Thomas could have done this. I think you should be looking at the mother she never took good care of her child anyway.
who cares

Celina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2009

jason thomas has been a f*ck up his whole life, didnt know the mother but knew him and can see him being that dumb
Justice

Celina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2009

I can see Jason doing this he has been this way since he was a teenager
unknown

Celina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2009

i don't believe he would do somethimg like that. it was a set up! why isn't anyone looking at the mother or doing any further invistagation celina is so screwed up and the police department goes by what the folks tell them and not by what proof they have.if celina police would actually do their job right and not do what they think or believe celina wouldn't be so screwed up. too many people r being blame for things he or she hasn't done it's been all here say. for exsample i have this friend who go excuse of stealing a bike and i know he has never seen or even had that bike but as always umake a phoe call and tell the police something and there u go off to court and then in jail with out even a a follow up or an investagation.boom ur guilty no matter what,. but where is the proof in thses cases or do they just go by hear say! just cause someone has past or a history doen't mean she or he has done it. they need to start doing thier jon right and we might end up with a good police department!
Julie Jenkins

Rockford, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2009

Judged:

the only people who actually know what happened are sydney and jason. all i know is now my son's father is in prison without so much as an investigation into other possible suspects and its sh*tty.

Since: Nov 09

Glenolden, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2009

WOW!!.. I understand that Celina's Police Department isn't really that great. But to be convicted in a court of law for murder requires a jury. That means that a group of people felt that there was enough evidence to sentence him to 10+ years.. I don't know to many people that would take that responsibility lightly, let alone a group of 10 or more. Don't know anything about the person convicted, but as an outsider looking in, if a jury said he did it, he did it...
wow

Celina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2009

im not trying to be rude or offensive. i dont know you or the people involved. but Julie, as a mother myself, i think you should be thankfull that this man is in jail with even a possibility of him commiting such a horrible crime than to be free and possibly hurt your child also. i do not understand how someone could commit such a horrible act against an innocent being. personally i am all for an eye for an eye. 10 years does not give that poor baby justice....
Julie Jenkins

Rockford, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2009

Judged:

there was no trial speed_419. he made a plea bargain. and i would be grateful he was in prison IF they had proved he did this. no one PROVED anything. they told him if he plead out that they could help him...so he did and now he sits in prison because he trusted celina pd. if he did this, he deserves to pay for it but if he didnt, he's sitting in prison for no reason.

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2009

Judged:

Julie, while I understand your position. Pleading out is admitting guilt. If you admit that you did it, they don't need to prove anything. I know that for your son it has to be a confusing time, but it doesn't make it the end of the world. It is the tougher parts of life during our childhoods that shape and mold us into the adults we are now. As long as his mother is there to help guide him I am sure that he will be fine in the long run...
mee

Celina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2009

i know the celina pd r a bunch of f;;k ups not all but most. they could not find a pile of sh;t if stood in it and the newspaper well they dont print the whole truth . what was said in court was bitc, its time to tell the truth.

Glenolden, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2009

mee, are you even trying to type english?..
weldin247

Minster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2010

Judged:

I worked with jason b4 all of this happend and i cant say if he did it or not, he told me that he was in the military so i thought he was a pretty cool guy and respected him, but hell that coulda been a BS story he was tellin me. Who know?! wheather he done it or not he's in prison now an prolly wont see the light of day for a long long time, if ever. I've done time in the joint and i know how ppl like him get treated for a crime like that, same goes for all them kid fuckers. so he'll prolly get his ass beat every givin chance another inmate gets or they will just kill his ass, so if he did do it i hope his ass gets the livin shit beat outta him everyday for the rest of his life & that still wouldn't serve justice for what he done.
mee

Celina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2010

i know jason and i know he did not do it
deez nuts

Carey, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2010

was you there when it happend?!
anom

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2010

he most certinally did the aunt of that poor boy tried to get him for weeks before he was brutually killed and the doctors told the family that his toe was so severly broken that there was no way he wasnt crying 24/7 ..... if u ask me syd n jason are both guilty n syd should go to prison too cole was a happy baby.... plus ive heard that jason had his other kids taken away as well.. and syd was forwarned to his temper
julie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2010

wow. you should really get your facts straight. the toe was messed up 2 weeks before this happened. i saw it. it was said at the time that the father did it during one of his visitations.
as for his other kids...they live with their mothers. they were not "taken away".
anom

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2010

Judged:

julie wrote:
wow. you should really get your facts straight. the toe was messed up 2 weeks before this happened. i saw it. it was said at the time that the father did it during one of his visitations.
as for his other kids...they live with their mothers. they were not "taken away".
nope eff that matt loved kole more than life itself....syd needs to rot ..... and i have it on excellent authority that his other kids were taken away n syd was warned..... also have it on good authority from some one in the room when kole was disconnected from life support that syd was more worried bout herself being comfortable than her baby dying pullin kole all around so that she could sit comfortably ..... any way shape or form u slice it Kole should be ALIVE not dead b/c some lil dipshyt couldn't handle a baby........ they both need jail n the bastard who shoke the very life from kole should get life in prison he snuffed the life outa an 11 month old..... END ALL thats it
none

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2010

I think if they were both there they should both be penalized because the mother could have done something about it if she was there at the time it happened. I think death penalty needs to come back because if you take someones life then yours needs to be taken as well. Sitting in the pin doesnt do a darn thing! You pretty much have a free life maybe stressful but they are worthless! I don't know either of them but I do know one thing, they are both SICK!
anom

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2010

none wrote:
I think if they were both there they should both be penalized because the mother could have done something about it if she was there at the time it happened. I think death penalty needs to come back because if you take someones life then yours needs to be taken as well. Sitting in the pin doesnt do a darn thing! You pretty much have a free life maybe stressful but they are worthless! I don't know either of them but I do know one thing, they are both SICK!
i'm fairly certain that according to the papers syd was at work.... and the step father was watching kole by i agree take that bastards life n never let him see his other kids ... he took matt gettin to see kole ever again.....
julie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2010

i dont know who your "excellent" authority is about his other children but i am one of their mothers. i think i know better than you about those situations. our son saw jason every other weekend.
i agree kole should still be alive but no one knows what really happened that day aside from sydney and jason.
as for sydney's reaction to kole being in the hospital...its either suspicious or totally normal "in shock" behavior. you dont know the answer and neither do i.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mercer County Discussions

Search the Mercer County Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Motorcyclist dies in accident (Jul '11) Jul 16 mary 15
Coldwater Cops Are Corrupt May '14 No Longer A Victim 1
Deputies Make Arrest May '14 spooks 1
Mercer County man arrested in drug sting Apr '14 nucklehead 3
Public assistance (Jun '13) Aug '13 North 2
Brothers injured in Mercer County accident (Oct '12) Oct '12 Aunt 1
Animal league objecting to closed door, no retu... (Sep '06) Aug '12 Missus Jay 3
•••
•••