Public assistance

South Bend, IN

#1 Jun 14, 2013
I am trying to understand if my step-daughter qualifies for public assistance, I tried calling the health and family services, that didn't work. So does anyone know if she might qualif; Her situation is..1). Single Mother of 1 child 2. Veteran 3. has a job where she makes $10.00 an hour 4. Expenses..Rent 425 Month, Utilities roughly 125 a month, day care 480 a month....she was told that she doesn't qualify for anything...But if she quit her job she would...she doesn't want a hand out...she wants to work..oh yeah the baby's father lives in another state and pays nothing...any advise ??

Celina, OH

#2 Aug 4, 2013
You may want to check and to determine if she qualifies. I would think she would qualify for EBT if nothing else.

Has she checked with any veterans organizations?

If she is NOT receiving child support and it is court ordered, the state will help her. If it is not court ordered, she needs to go to court and get it.

Even if she does not qualify for government aid, there are many local church organizations that will help with food, diapers, etc. Job & Family Services should have a list.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mercer County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
seas family Oct 7 Wondering 1
Hillary clinton corruption(IRS) Jul '16 nvn 1
News Wapakoneta state trooper confronted by armed ma... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Bill O Rights 1
News Celina man barricades himself in bathroom (Mar '15) Mar '15 the_cwb 1
News Motorcyclist dies in accident (Jul '11) Jul '14 mary 15
Coldwater Cops Are Corrupt (May '14) May '14 No Longer A Victim 1
News Deputies Make Arrest (May '14) May '14 spooks 1
More from around the web