South Pittsburg High School receives ...

South Pittsburg High School receives Lowe's Toolbox for Education Grant

There are 3 comments on the MarionCountyMessenger.com story from Feb 18, 2012, titled South Pittsburg High School receives Lowe's Toolbox for Education Grant. In it, MarionCountyMessenger.com reports that:

South Pittsburg High School has received the Lowe's Toolbox for Education grants for programs and improvements, according to an announcement from the company's foundation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MarionCountyMessenger.com.

Jeremy Dotson

Dunlap, TN

#1 Feb 22, 2012
Old South Pittsburg Hospital is a HOAX ...don't waste your money and the people there are rude as heck!!! They will treat you like gold when you are there and then talk stuff about you when you leave !!! SO DON"T DO IT
Agreed

Crossville, TN

#2 Apr 19, 2012
First off Im about 50/50 on whether I believe in the paranormal and I'm not sure if the place is a Hoax or not but I have been there and Doug and Cindy were really nice...BUT if you question anything not being real you will get on their bad side quick and I have seen them talk pretty bad about people behind their backs. To them it's either you are a believer or you are wrong. I have also personally seen Doug make noises over the mics when teams are in there. I thought it was funny at the time but that team sure wouldn't think it was funny when they are reviewing their DVDs they pay for. I've seen people question evidence there and get completely ignored then someone post evidence that is extremely skeptical and it's taken as 100% truth. Also if you ask them about other haunted places they have nothing good to say about anywhere else and tell you it's either fake or they went there and got nothing. I was talking to Doug one day about a location I had always wanted to check to see if it was haunted and he told me he went there and it wasn't...I found this strange as the caretaker of the place I was talking about told me he had never let anyone in there before lol. There is a TON of drama that follows them around, especially on the Ustream channel where you can watch their live cams. Of course I fully expect someone to chime in about how Doug and Cindy are both saints and that Im an idiot for not believing in the place being haunted (Im not sure tbh) but there does need to be 2 sides to the story. Seems to me that they are running more of a business than anything else and are only interested in people that believe them rather than finding the truth.
Jared

Acworth, GA

#3 Apr 26, 2012
I had a good time at OSPH, I don't know what Jeremy Dotson and "Agreed" are talking about. Cindy was nice and helpful, as was her assistant that gave us a tour before we did our overnight. Of course, if you are not at least neutral about paranormal things, you won't like it here -- especially if you tell Cindy it's all a hoax (that's a quick way to get on anyone's bad side). It even states it on their website: if you don't take this stuff seriously, it isn't for you. I experienced my own odd occurrences while doing an overnight stay, and I was unsure if I believed in such events.

Also, "Agreed," Doug and Cindy ARE the caretakers of the hospital. Whatever "caretaker" you're referring to must have been working there before Cindy and Doug bought the property. The main room off limits it the one where "Jim" committed suicide, since all of his belongings have not been claimed by a family member yet.

I think both of you need to go with an actual paranormal investigation team. Or, if you did go with one, go with a group that doesn't suck.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Meigs County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jeremy helton (Jun '14) Jun '14 sick of it 3
News 1 dead, 1 injured after boat flips on Watts Bar... (May '14) May '14 FACT 1
Meth in meigs county (Apr '14) Apr '14 Decatur Boy 2
Looking for someone (Jun '13) Apr '14 doug foster 5
why is everyone hating the meigs county sheriff (Mar '09) Nov '13 Constitutional EN... 82
Mizway Bar (May '13) Oct '13 BARED BITCH 4
News Drug Defendant's "Lessons Learned" Poem Read In... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Amber Willis 1
More from around the web