Copper theft leaves 6,000 in the dark

Full story: WBIR Knoxville

A theft of copper from a power company substation caused a Friday morning blackout for about 6,000 people and closed schools for the day.
Comments
1 - 15 of 15 Comments Last updated Mar 21, 2009

MLB

Since: Nov 07

Knoxville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2008

Judged:

He or she should have been fried in the process.
lol

Milan, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2008

Judged:

That no surprise in Meth (Meigs) County!
TSOCLOSE

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2008

Judged:

I would think that the police would call the scrap yards around the area have them be on the look out fir the wire.
TSOCLOSE

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2008

Judged:

oops "for" not fir
johnny

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2008

wouldnt security be on alert at these places from the recent thefts?

“Be Responsible”

Since: Feb 08

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2008

Judged:

I seriously doubt this is the work of a meth head or any junkie. I think they would found them on the sopt.
mom

Ringgold, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2008

Judged:

This was the work of a meth head. Just because someone is a meth head does not mean they are not able to steal copper.
News4U

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2008

Judged:

No - thats the work of numbnut Republitards who supported the BS war even after they knew it was based on BS. Thats why the economy is where it is, thats why these things start happening.

We can be like South America soon, where the manhole covers are either made of concrete, or busted and missing because people steal the iron ones to sell for scrap.

Youll be going down the road and BOOM!.. there goes a wheel.

Yes - it all goes back to you retard pro war gutless WUSSIES who were too timid to stand up for the right thing when it counted (when it wasnt 'safe' for you to do so). YOU PEOPLE who made Obama a reality.

YOU are why copper is worth the trouble and theres a reason to steal it (here) in the first place.

We should make you pay for it.
Fenrir

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2008

Judged:

Hold up now lol I've lived in Meigs county my entire life and I have never touched an illegal substance. There are problems every not just here. But I will agree that the ones that stole the copper are meth heads but you can't expect people to believe that there are no in Knoxville.

Since: Feb 08

Knox Co.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2008

Judged:

Ever noticed how some trash will work harder to steal than have an easy job?...With benefits!
60 gunner

Simon, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2008

Montrose 1973 wrote:
Ever noticed how some trash will work harder to steal than have an easy job?...With benefits!
That's a dam UNDERSTATEMENT!!!
lsr

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2008

Its vey sorry of the people who left the comments on this site like you did. You weren't there and know nothing about the situations. I dont appreciate being called trash when i had nothing to do with it but my name was brought up like i did. People need to keep quiet in something they know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about.

“A mother's job is never done.”

Since: May 08

Maryville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2008

News4U wrote:
No - thats the work of numbnut Republitards who supported the BS war even after they knew it was based on BS. Thats why the economy is where it is, thats why these things start happening.
We can be like South America soon, where the manhole covers are either made of concrete, or busted and missing because people steal the iron ones to sell for scrap.
Youll be going down the road and BOOM!.. there goes a wheel.
Yes - it all goes back to you retard pro war gutless WUSSIES who were too timid to stand up for the right thing when it counted (when it wasnt 'safe' for you to do so). YOU PEOPLE who made Obama a reality.
YOU are why copper is worth the trouble and theres a reason to steal it (here) in the first place.
We should make you pay for it.
Way to jump subjects there... Copper has been stolen, blame the war!

“A mother's job is never done.”

Since: May 08

Maryville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2008

Montrose 1973 wrote:
Awsome observation. These people or this person could have died stealing the copper for what?.. a couple hundred?
class of 2009 at meigs

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2009

Fenrir wrote:
Hold up now lol I've lived in Meigs county my entire life and I have never touched an illegal substance. There are problems every not just here. But I will agree that the ones that stole the copper are meth heads but you can't expect people to believe that there are no in Knoxville.
I AGREE WITH YOU I LIVE IN MEIGS AND I DONT DO DRUGS AND THE PEOPLE THAT DID THAT WAS CAUGHT AND PUNISHED SO EVERYONE HUSH ABOUT DRUG DEALERS FROM meigs so hush up

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Meigs County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mother of dead 17-month-old defends herself, de... Jul '14 hmm 23
jeremy helton Jun '14 sick of it 3
1 dead, 1 injured after boat flips on Watts Bar... May '14 FACT 1
Meth in meigs county Apr '14 Decatur Boy 2
Looking for someone (Jun '13) Apr '14 doug foster 5
why is everyone hating the meigs county sheriff (Mar '09) Nov '13 Constitutional EN... 82
Mizway Bar (May '13) Oct '13 BARED BITCH 4

Search the Meigs County Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••