Copper theft leaves 6,000 in the dark

Copper theft leaves 6,000 in the dark

There are 15 comments on the WBIR Knoxville story from Apr 11, 2008, titled Copper theft leaves 6,000 in the dark. In it, WBIR Knoxville reports that:

A theft of copper from a power company substation caused a Friday morning blackout for about 6,000 people and closed schools for the day.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBIR Knoxville.

MLB

Since: Nov 07

Knoxville

#2 Apr 11, 2008
He or she should have been fried in the process.
lol

Johnson City, TN

#3 Apr 11, 2008
That no surprise in Meth (Meigs) County!
TSOCLOSE

Austin, TX

#4 Apr 11, 2008
I would think that the police would call the scrap yards around the area have them be on the look out fir the wire.
TSOCLOSE

Austin, TX

#5 Apr 11, 2008
oops "for" not fir
johnny

Fort Washington, MD

#7 Apr 11, 2008
wouldnt security be on alert at these places from the recent thefts?

“Be Responsible”

Since: Feb 08

Earth

#8 Apr 11, 2008
I seriously doubt this is the work of a meth head or any junkie. I think they would found them on the sopt.
mom

Dalton, GA

#9 Nov 9, 2008
This was the work of a meth head. Just because someone is a meth head does not mean they are not able to steal copper.
News4U

Knoxville, TN

#10 Nov 9, 2008
No - thats the work of numbnut Republitards who supported the BS war even after they knew it was based on BS. Thats why the economy is where it is, thats why these things start happening.

We can be like South America soon, where the manhole covers are either made of concrete, or busted and missing because people steal the iron ones to sell for scrap.

Youll be going down the road and BOOM!.. there goes a wheel.

Yes - it all goes back to you retard pro war gutless WUSSIES who were too timid to stand up for the right thing when it counted (when it wasnt 'safe' for you to do so). YOU PEOPLE who made Obama a reality.

YOU are why copper is worth the trouble and theres a reason to steal it (here) in the first place.

We should make you pay for it.
Fenrir

Richmond, KY

#11 Dec 16, 2008
Hold up now lol I've lived in Meigs county my entire life and I have never touched an illegal substance. There are problems every not just here. But I will agree that the ones that stole the copper are meth heads but you can't expect people to believe that there are no in Knoxville.

Montrose 1973

Since: Feb 08

Knox Co.

#12 Dec 16, 2008
Ever noticed how some trash will work harder to steal than have an easy job?...With benefits!
60 gunner

Sandy Ridge, NC

#13 Dec 16, 2008
Montrose 1973 wrote:
Ever noticed how some trash will work harder to steal than have an easy job?...With benefits!
That's a dam UNDERSTATEMENT!!!
lsr

Richmond, KY

#14 Dec 29, 2008
Its vey sorry of the people who left the comments on this site like you did. You weren't there and know nothing about the situations. I dont appreciate being called trash when i had nothing to do with it but my name was brought up like i did. People need to keep quiet in something they know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about.

“A mother's job is never done.”

Since: May 08

Maryville, TN

#15 Dec 29, 2008
News4U wrote:
No - thats the work of numbnut Republitards who supported the BS war even after they knew it was based on BS. Thats why the economy is where it is, thats why these things start happening.
We can be like South America soon, where the manhole covers are either made of concrete, or busted and missing because people steal the iron ones to sell for scrap.
Youll be going down the road and BOOM!.. there goes a wheel.
Yes - it all goes back to you retard pro war gutless WUSSIES who were too timid to stand up for the right thing when it counted (when it wasnt 'safe' for you to do so). YOU PEOPLE who made Obama a reality.
YOU are why copper is worth the trouble and theres a reason to steal it (here) in the first place.
We should make you pay for it.
Way to jump subjects there... Copper has been stolen, blame the war!

“A mother's job is never done.”

Since: May 08

Maryville, TN

#16 Dec 29, 2008
Montrose 1973 wrote:
Awsome observation. These people or this person could have died stealing the copper for what?.. a couple hundred?
class of 2009 at meigs

Charlotte, NC

#18 Mar 21, 2009
Fenrir wrote:
Hold up now lol I've lived in Meigs county my entire life and I have never touched an illegal substance. There are problems every not just here. But I will agree that the ones that stole the copper are meth heads but you can't expect people to believe that there are no in Knoxville.
I AGREE WITH YOU I LIVE IN MEIGS AND I DONT DO DRUGS AND THE PEOPLE THAT DID THAT WAS CAUGHT AND PUNISHED SO EVERYONE HUSH ABOUT DRUG DEALERS FROM meigs so hush up

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Meigs County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who are the bad girls that work at TVA May '16 Curious 1
Chris? Drives a pt cruiser with design on it May '16 info 2
Thieves selling stolen property from Monroe Co. Mar '16 Tim-Tom 1
Ellis J Taylor (Dec '15) Dec '15 Jamie LeBouef 1
why is everyone hating the meigs county sheriff (Mar '09) Sep '15 kimpossible 83
jeremy helton (Jun '14) Jun '14 sick of it 3
News 1 dead, 1 injured after boat flips on Watts Bar... (May '14) May '14 FACT 1
More from around the web