meigs counties drug problem

Posted in the Meigs County Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
CONCERNED

AOL

#1 Nov 16, 2007
The DRUG problem in meigs co.is very bad,and something needs to be done about this problem.TEN MILE area is very BAD.Alot of things goes on around here,but nothing is ever done about it.All you here,when someting happens,it will be investigated,yeah!RIGHT,if your not an important person,or liked here your screwed.
Kim Davis

Richmond, KY

#2 Apr 21, 2008
Well drugs or not if they don't like you or you have the right last name your screwed no matter what it maybe.Down here in the lower end of the County every time something goes on they bad mouthing me & my son saying we had something to do
with it, why can't they just look at the evidence
& then figure out who did whatever? Maybe they're just don't want to do there jobs!
fed up in Meigs County

Covington, LA

#3 Jul 1, 2008
There have been so many problems in Meigs County with a lot of crooks getting away with a lot of things. The drug problem (Meth) is really bad now. They are stealing from everyone and taking whatever they can get their hands on.
Makes you wonder why the sheriff isn't doing more to stop it. Really makes you wonder!
MOMMY DEAREST

Covington, LA

#4 Sep 20, 2008
They wouldn't always look in the lower end of the County if you and your "son" would stay out of trouble! It's real funny that your "son" runs with the wrong crowd and they all end up in jail for stealing trucks, cars, hitting neighborhoods over and over again.
Oh and let's not forget the survveillance videos of them using stolen credit cards.
I hope your "son" enjoys jail cause it looks like he is ging away for a long time...this time!
meth county resident

United States

#5 Oct 15, 2008
nothing ever gets done about the problem
because most of the drug dealers/users are related to the sheriff
Moved Out of the County

Dalton, GA

#6 Oct 16, 2008
Most of the drug dealers are related to the Sheriff in some way or another. The only people getting busted is the users not the people making it. Walter Hickman does not want "his" county known as meth county, even though that is exactly what it is. Meth is on every corner in that county. I lived in Meigs County all of my life. After I had children I moved out of the county because I want my children to it least have a chance at not getting on drugs. In Meigs County you will find parents actually doing meth with their children.
mom

Dalton, GA

#7 Nov 9, 2008
If people are so concerned about the problems Meigs County has why do they not do some thing about it. Meigs County police are not going to do a thing. Most of the officers have a drug problem themself. The only way to clean up the county is to get a new sheriff and new deputies.
JJC

Detroit, MI

#8 Jan 17, 2009
they'll bust you over there...but if you pay, the search warrant will be dropped and no trial. or they'll leave you alone if you are one of their friends. officer johnson stole dope from dealers and never turned it in. Glad we moved!
Fed Up In Meigs County

Charlotte, NC

#9 Jan 17, 2009
Let the TBI know what Officer Johnson did.
Along with the rest of the bunch including
the sheriff!
class of 2009 at meigs

Charlotte, NC

#10 Mar 21, 2009
ok everyone back off sheriff walter hickman he is a wonderful man and no none of his family does meth or drugs and he doesn't let people get away with it he punishes them maybe you all are just pissed cause you guys got caught and no parents i know from here does drugs with their kids that is sick and i have lived here all my life so i know what im talking about and yes walter hickman is my friend cause my dad works for him so you all need to GROW UP PLEASE AND GET A LIFE!!!!!!!!
they know

United States

#11 Mar 21, 2009
class of 2009 you need to shut your mouth because you dont jack---- about the sheriff and if your dad works for him hes a piece of crap just like the whole police force in meigs co nothing ever gets done here for fear of losing there job and having to get a real one so got bed and keep your mouth shut you are not old enough to know shit about this county
class of 2009 at meigs

Richmond, KY

#12 Mar 23, 2009
they know wrote:
class of 2009 you need to shut your mouth because you dont jack---- about the sheriff and if your dad works for him hes a piece of crap just like the whole police force in meigs co nothing ever gets done here for fear of losing there job and having to get a real one so got bed and keep your mouth shut you are not old enough to know shit about this county
ok um sounds to me like you need to grow up and i know alot about this county so do u even live in meigs? and my dad does work for him and his not a piece of crap.
Meigs Middle

Sweetwater, TN

#13 Apr 19, 2009
Kim Davis wrote:
Well drugs or not if they don't like you or you have the right last name your screwed no matter what it maybe.Down here in the lower end of the County every time something goes on they bad mouthing me & my son saying we had something to do
with it, why can't they just look at the evidence
& then figure out who did whatever? Maybe they're just don't want to do there jobs!
Everybody knows that you & your'e son are nothing more than dope dealers & thiefs.Why don't you take your'e son and move far far away then maybe the good people who live around here can keep what we all have worked & payed for honestly.NOT FROM SELLING METH,PILLS,&STOLEN PROPERTY!!!!!

Mommy Dearest

United States

#14 Apr 19, 2009
Yeah...Meigs Middle
You are correct, maybe in May one of them will be gone for a while if the courts work in Meigs County.
Meigs Middle

Sweetwater, TN

#15 Apr 19, 2009
Mommy Dearest wrote:
Yeah...Meigs Middle
You are correct, maybe in May one of them will be gone for a while if the courts work in Meigs County.
Trust me the courts never seem to do anything about either of them because they both are always in&OUT OF COURTS IN ALL THE SURROUNDING COUNTIES
Concerned citizen

Charlotte, NC

#16 Aug 3, 2009
Both the TBI and DA have been well informed as to the drug use in Meigs County and have done very little if anything to curb this massive problem in Meigs County. WE NEED A CLEAN SWEEP OF THE SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT IN THE NEXT ELECTION.
Shocked Not

United States

#17 Aug 3, 2009
It will not matter if they arrest 500, so far the court system has also failed in that county.
There were some major thefts in our area, truck, car and dozens of break ins and they just turned them out again to keep on doing it........
Some of these boys had rap sheets 5 pages long but the court just keep turning them loose again!
The sheriff's dept and the court system both need a good white washing..........
caring mother

United States

#18 Sep 14, 2009
class of 2009 at meigs wrote:
ok everyone back off sheriff walter hickman he is a wonderful man and no none of his family does meth or drugs and he doesn't let people get away with it he punishes them maybe you all are just pissed cause you guys got caught and no parents i know from here does drugs with their kids that is sick and i have lived here all my life so i know what im talking about and yes walter hickman is my friend cause my dad works for him so you all need to GROW UP PLEASE AND GET A LIFE!!!!!!!!
OH YOU ALL SEE THAT....HE MUST DRIVE FOR HIM....WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK HE'S HAULING?????
Meigs County Newbie

King Ferry, NY

#19 Oct 4, 2009
My husband and I just bought land in Meigs County. After reading all of this stuff, I'm beginning to wonder if we did the right thing?!
Small Town USA citizen

Charlotte, NC

#20 Oct 12, 2009
Newbie, you have no real reason for concern.

Check out the new post (copy and paste to your browser):
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/decatur-tn/TT...

There are also some new pictures uploaded. Don't let these postings lead you astray--It's a great place to live!

***Just a little note***
I don't think that everyone realizes how much it defames our county by posting all these comments. When a Google search is done, this website is included in the results.

Work has already begun on the plant at Watts Bar and will continue for years. The Volkswagen plant is under construction. There are also many other promising projects that are near us. With that being said, people that may consider moving to our county or city (for the aforementioned reasons) will read these things and think we live in the most corrupt, scandalous, crime and drug-ridden cities in Tennessee. When in reality, it is nothing of the sort!

We do not have a gang problem, there are no shootings at our schools, nor do we have to worry about being mugged when we go to the grocery store. Children can play safely in our parks. Our citizens have the freedom to take a jog down their road without the worry of being kidnapped or assaulted.

In addition, we have a wonderful school system, which I am grateful to be a product of. I believe that I received an above-average education from the encouraging teachers that were (and currently are) employed by the school system.

Also, it is a beautiful place to live. We have some of the most picturesque views in the South, especially in the fall. The sunset on the shoreline is breathtaking.

Everyone should think twice about posting whatever comes to mind when you're angry, and you feel like ranting. Should you have a serious problem, then follow the appropriate chain of authority and work to get it resolved. If you feel like you weren't treated justly, then there are officials higher up in the government that will investigate your allegation, should your claim be warranted.

While I am not dismissing the problems in our county (although they are blown out of proportion entirely), I am asking that you not dismiss the prosperity that is so evident in our county.
***Thank you***

--For the record, I do not work for, nor do I have any family that is affiliated with anyone in Meigs County government, law enforcement, or anything of that nature. I do not have one of the prominent 'names' in the county; rather it is quite the contrary. My motivation for writing this was to shed light on the depreciative effects on Meigs County’s reputation by these somewhat justified, yet overly exaggerated, comments.--

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Meigs County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Green toyota four runner May 21 I can handle it 1
Pet pig laws in Meigs county? (Jul '16) May 12 Ram a long jones 2
Bag girls (Nov '16) May 12 Just Bieber Schit 4
Easy at TVA Apr '17 worked there 9
Bigfoot (Dec '11) Mar '17 Meigs county Drunk 7
Looking for someone (Jun '13) Mar '17 Crack cheeks 6
Warning from a friend. Mar '17 Cyrstalhoffendro... 2
More from around the web