Four vehicle B&E's reported in matter of days

Sep 19, 2011 Full story: Daily Sentinel 11

BSERGENT@MYDAILYSENTINEL.COM POMEROY - Four vehicles have been broken into in Pomeroy in less than a week, with three of those breaking and entering incidents occurring this weekend.

Full Story
what an idea

Sheridan, AR

#1 Sep 20, 2011
Moral of the story... Lock your vehicle!!
Common Sense 101

United States

#2 Sep 20, 2011
I agree, moral of the story is to LOCK YOUR VEHICLE!!! I know a couple of these people, they are not stupid, but come on, where's the common sense! How can you not lock up your Denali that has a key left in the ignition, an in dash navigation system & GUNS under the seat! And you leave it unlocked over night in town??? And for the lady who left DVD player, a Tom Tom, tools, a camcorder, etc. all in her car over night, right in town in Pomeroy and left her car unlocked!! I would be embarassed to have this story printed about me! Yes, I know, locked or not, people shouldn't steal, and regardless, they were violated. But in this town w/ the amount of drugs & theft as we've been seeing lately, how can you not think the lock your car when you live in the town of Pomeroy!!!
Common Sence 102

Russellville, OH

#3 Sep 20, 2011
Then we vote in a new sheriff that will fire those lazy ass deputies,and maybe something will change. Or you could make their asses leave the station for once,I think the only ones that might do something is night shift,cuz if you go by during the day all the cruisers are sitting at the station. Thats why all the crime is happening during the daytime..
what an idea

Sheridan, AR

#4 Sep 20, 2011
^ Huh?^ All those crimes were at night? The one was before 9pm but still could have happened at dark. If a vehicle is unlocked it could take less than a minute to grab what they want. What's the odds a cop would be going by the time of the crime day or night? I guess I don't understand your point. These crimes were the owners fault because none of these break-ins happened when doors were locked.
leah

Point Pleasant, WV

#5 Sep 20, 2011
I think its bullshit bc my car was robbed...!!! We will find ur bitch ass that did it !!!! feel sorry for you when we do !!
Bahahaha

Russellville, OH

#6 Sep 20, 2011
what an idea wrote:
^ Huh?^ All those crimes were at night? The one was before 9pm but still could have happened at dark. If a vehicle is unlocked it could take less than a minute to grab what they want. What's the odds a cop would be going by the time of the crime day or night? I guess I don't understand your point. These crimes were the owners fault because none of these break-ins happened when doors were locked.
My point is a couple of weeks ago the paper had at least 25 people they were pulling into court across the river. What the hell do we have???? Nothing..The cops know who these people are. They would just rather turn a blind eye. Too much paper work...
Bahahaha

Russellville, OH

#7 Sep 20, 2011
leah wrote:
I think its bullshit bc my car was robbed...!!! We will find ur bitch ass that did it !!!! feel sorry for you when we do !!
What an idea seems to think its your own fault.. Guess bthey arnt so bright..
pomeroy boy

Point Pleasant, WV

#8 Sep 21, 2011
first of all common sence 101, for your info. the car that had the tools, camcorder,tomtom in it was sitting outside my house on my property, i shouldn't have to lock my doors key words (IT'S MY PROPERTY AND IT WAS ON MY PROPERTY) it wasnt down in town, we have lived in this house for over 20yrs and have never had anything stolen.

And another thing I guess the people who had their windows shot out, i guess that was their fault to, your a stupid ass. and another thing you say its our fault and if our doors were locked this wouldn't have happened and i stress all of us, if they seen something they wanted they would have gotten it somehow even if it meant busting a window.

You must not have anything worth stealing or you wouldn't be saying the crap your saying.
HAHA

Bourneville, OH

#9 Sep 21, 2011
pomeroy boy wrote:
first of all common sence 101, for your info. the car that had the tools, camcorder,tomtom in it was sitting outside my house on my property, i shouldn't have to lock my doors key words (IT'S MY PROPERTY AND IT WAS ON MY PROPERTY) it wasnt down in town, we have lived in this house for over 20yrs and have never had anything stolen.
And another thing I guess the people who had their windows shot out, i guess that was their fault to, your a stupid ass. and another thing you say its our fault and if our doors were locked this wouldn't have happened and i stress all of us, if they seen something they wanted they would have gotten it somehow even if it meant busting a window.
You must not have anything worth stealing or you wouldn't be saying the crap your saying.
Thats the way to tell them!!! It was a local cop trying to defend their lazy asses!!!
MLH

Washington, DC

#10 Sep 21, 2011
Yes you r so right Amen!!! My car had the cd player stolen about a yr ago they broke my window an took it .. Left my 20 laying on the seat an my DOORS WAS LOCKED so there if the fn people wants something they will find a way to get it !!!! An yes the cops didn't do sh**t about ..... This yr the car got keyed on the driver side an I live where there r people going n an out all day an night an NO one seen nothin come on really .... Nothin is safe n Pomeroy !!!!
Anonymous

Syracuse, OH

#11 Sep 22, 2011
The sheriff's department doesn't have anything to do with an investigation inside village limits but I do agree we need to elect a new one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Meigs County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lillie mckinney 15 hr KELLY 3
Van Wert Co. jobless rate slides to 4.3 percent Jan '15 truth 3
who's children services really for? (Apr '11) Dec '14 cathy 3
Amanda Lee Moore and Junior Campbell!!!! (Jan '14) Sep '14 Dirtguy18 2
Pomeroy police chief: Mayor biased against gay ... (Feb '13) Sep '14 Big Boon 30
Rx drug drop box to be installed in Middleport (Oct '12) Aug '14 Big Boon 8
26 arested in connection with drug trafficking ... (Mar '14) Jul '14 Jxo 20
More from around the web