Former Hondo chief fills Medina constable vacancy

Feb 24, 2010 Full story: MySanAntonio.com 8

Former Hondo Police Chief Don Berger was appointed Monday by Medina County commissioners to replace Pct.

Full Story
shocked

United States

#1 Feb 24, 2010
This "appointment of Berger for constable" really makes me reconsider who I will vote for for commissioner and county judge. I hope everyone rethinks their vote.
A D M

Devine, TX

#2 Feb 25, 2010
Why do you people in this community continue to be so selfish.
Don will do a good job and has the experience as a law enforcement officer. He will not only serve papers for the judge, but will also be able to help other agency with his experience.
There is only one way to find out if the will do the job is by giving him the chance and if you don't like it well then don't vote for him in the next election (its called common sense).
Why should someone that has never actually worked the streets be put out there, I think that would be more of a liability to the county.
Congrats

Houston, TX

#3 Feb 25, 2010
Way to go Sobrino - and congratulations. Someone has to do the job. And I agree with A D M why should anyone that has never actually worked the streets be put out there. Very Huge Liability. Way to Go Don!!
Congrats

Houston, TX

#4 Feb 25, 2010
Correction, Don has worked the streets before. Don is a dedicated individual and takes his job very serious. Unlike some other officers that have come and gone. And there still gone.
Not shocked

Hondo, TX

#5 Feb 25, 2010
I think this website should be banned. This is nothing but gossip. I think more people need to read their bibles and read what is says about gossip.
As James 4:11 says, when you gossip about somebody you judge them. There is only one judge and that is God. God is the only one with the authority to make the law. If you gossip about somebody and are judging them, you are basically putting yourself on the same level of God. Someone who judges also disobeys God's law and makes their own. Now not only have you hurt one of your fellow Christians but you're treading on some very dangerous grounds when you think you're better than or equal to God.
friend

United States

#6 Feb 25, 2010
why hasnt this bulls**t been shut down
what ever

San Antonio, TX

#7 Feb 28, 2010
i have known don for many years. he is great. ican say as an officer working the streets he was grand . as chief he was the best ihave ever seen in hondo. the problem in hondo is people in the police department that are honest and dedicated are not wanted. thats why we have our officers all on diffrent pages. we need real authority. so you go don. dont give it up.YOU ARE IT DON.
what

San Antonio, TX

#8 Mar 16, 2010
Please tell us what Don has done that is soooo grand? What kind of benefit did he bring the city when he was Chief? He let politics run his office and trashed his employees - he would rather be their friend than their boss. His appointment to Constable is temporary -- someone with integrity and honor will file to run against him in the election!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Medina County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Devine woman charged in neighbor's slaying (Apr '08) Mar '14 Pale Wild Wood Fl... 29
Medina County Busts Auto Shop Owner for Drugs (Feb '09) Jan '14 NBHAs Biological ... 21
Texas school board candidate wins election 1-0 (May '13) May '13 the truth 1
Hondo defamation suit settled (Feb '13) Mar '13 Not surprised 7
A Medina County constable is making it his miss... (Sep '11) Dec '12 Micheal keich 3
Depsite severe weather emergancy siren never we... (Apr '12) Apr '12 Dorotea pedroza 1
Medina Valley EMS sells assets, agrees to audit (Mar '12) Mar '12 what if 5

Medina County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE