4-Year-Old Texas Boy Shoots 2-Year-Old Sister To Death

May 23, 2008 Full story: KWTX 58

Medina County officials say a 4-year-old boy some picked up a shotgun while playing in his parents' room and accidentally shot his 2-year-old sister to death.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Angie

Natalia, TX

#1 May 27, 2008
This is a horrible accident,we need to move on and let this poor babygirl rest in peace.
Romo

San Antonio, TX

#2 Jun 5, 2008
And what about the parents. Why was there a loaded gun, when they know their kids are on the terrible two's.
Someone should be penalized for having loaded guns at kids reach.
Than move on; don't you agree?
nanya

United States

#3 Jun 8, 2008
both parents are too blame.YES 'let the baby rest in peace.what was the mother realy doing that she did not wach her kids, ya. only she knows that .she is the one that has too live with the giult.
a friend

San Antonio, TX

#4 Jun 9, 2008
nanya wrote:
both parents are too blame.YES 'let the baby rest in peace.what was the mother realy doing that she did not wach her kids, ya. only she knows that .she is the one that has too live with the giult.
you all need to let this little girl rest in peace......and what makes you think that she was not watching her kids? kids will be kids and they you should know that they just don't stay in one place....you are nobody to judge anybody....cuz you never know what is going to happen...the mother of this child is a good mother..
Romo

San Antonio, TX

#5 Jun 9, 2008
what I said was the negligence of the gun should be someone to blame.
If you have guns than be responsible and have ongoing safety at all times,

The other thing was, why a loaded gun?
Someone who cares

Osage Beach, MO

#6 Jul 15, 2008
We all have our own judgement on this issue but we have to put ourselves in the place of these parent's. I know for a fact that they are good parent's and never would have done anything to hurt their children. But as hard as it is to see the beautiful face of this child and not want someone to pay for what has happened isn't the heartache enough? The 4 year old has lost his sibling and now may have to deal with maybe the loss for another family member.May God Bless them and heal their pain.
XXXXXXXX

United States

#7 Jul 20, 2008
well i just think that everyone should just keep their comments to themeselves...and leave this topic alone.....its hard enough for the family already and it just makes it worst when people just keep talking about it..... just let this poor child just rest in peace....
Garry Smith - LCPD

Schertz, TX

#8 Jul 21, 2008
waa waa waa, they can have another kid...
XXXXXXXX

San Antonio, TX

#9 Jul 21, 2008
Garry Smith - LCPD wrote:
yeah they can but it still hurts them over what happened to them......so have some respect.........
xxxxxx

San Antonio, TX

#10 Jul 24, 2008
Garry you didn't die as a child but if you had, I can bet your parents would not have replaced you...waa waa waa.
XOXO

United States

#11 Jul 25, 2008

Mr. Smith you obviously are NOT a parent otherwise you would not be so cold-hearted as to say that. This was a tragic ACCIDENT and the parents as well as other family members have suffered the greatest lost there is. No punishment is greater!!! Having another kid would never heal them nor help in coping with losing their precious daughter. You need some serious help and I pray you get it. I know both of the parents and they are great parents so don't you DARE judge them. As far as I can "judge" of you, you have ice running through your veins!!!! Get well soon!!!
Rod Serling

Del Rio, TX

#12 Jul 25, 2008
Whoever this Garry Smith character is he sure has nothing better to do but leave horrible comments about everything that is posted. The person using his name is not the person he claims to be and I wish he would stop posting such horrible comments and making the people of La Coste look like such mean people.
Someone

United States

#13 Oct 8, 2008
You know what you better stop talking you shit because the lil girl was familt to everyone here and i hate to see what you said about that just think if your 4 yr old got a gun and shot your two year old daughter i bet you would feel very sad and depressed about it so shut the F**ck up
Garry Smith - LCPD

Schertz, TX

#14 Oct 8, 2008
OR WHAT?? It's just a kid. Since they are hispanic I bet they have like a dozen kids anyway.
Moses

United States

#15 Oct 9, 2008
OR WHAT?? It's just a kid. Since they are hispanic I bet they have like a dozen kids anyway.
What a person! Piece of crap!
Someone

United States

#16 Oct 9, 2008
You know what tell me where you live and i will show you or wat?
Garry Smith - LCPD

Schertz, TX

#18 Oct 11, 2008
Someone wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what you better stop talking you shit because the lil girl was familt to everyone here and i hate to see what you said about that just think if your 4 yr old got a gun and shot your two year old daughter i bet you would feel very sad and depressed about it so shut the F**ck up
My kids are not that stupid. FYI Send then to the La Coste Police Dept to see me and I will give the parents some free gun locks so they don't lose another kid.
SICK

AOL

#19 Nov 25, 2008
<quoted text>
My kids are not that stupid. FYI Send then to the La Coste Police Dept to see me and I will give the parents some free gun locks so they don't lose another kid.
Well thanks for that info dumbass because I'll be giving them a call. Wow, a cop in La Coste..hmmm.
people like you are known to everyone as REJECTS or A RENT A COP because you can make it in SAPD.
I advise EVERYONE to call the La Coste Police Dept..and report his racial and hateful comments. People like Garry Smith are chicken shits hiding behind a badge. Call the District Attorney in Hondo to see if they have jurisdication to La Coste then file a complaint...this man is suppose to uphold the law and all he is doing is causing grief to many.
Garry Smith - LCPD

United States

#20 Nov 26, 2008
DA can't do anything and my dept can't censor my speech when I am off duty!! Like it or not whether I am a cop or work at Mc Donalds, I am entitled to my opinion and I have something that all of you have, its called FREE SPEECH!!
ON A MISSION

AOL

#21 Nov 26, 2008
DA can't do anything and my dept can't censor my speech when I am off duty!! Like it or not whether I am a cop or work at Mc Donalds, I am entitled to my opinion and I have something that all of you have, its called FREE SPEECH!!
AGAIN, YOUR CONSIDERED AN UNDERPAID REGECT OR TO MANY KNOWN AS A RENT A COP....HA HA HA
NOW I ASK YOU MR GARRY...HOW MUCH DO YOU GET PAID..OOOOH I KNOW THAT ONE...A WHOPPING 10 BUCKS AN HOUR, YOU MIGHT AS WELL WORK AT MCDONALDS....WITH YOUR ATTITUDE YOU'LL NEVER EVER BE SAPD. AGAIN, CAUSE YOUR PROBABLY TOOOOO FAT AND TOOO DUMB. HA HA HA HA
YES, YOUR RIGHT YOU DO HAVE A FREEDOM OF SPEECH, BUT MR DUMBASS THERES LIMITATIONS FOR YOU CAUSE YOU HAVE A BADGE.....YOU'LL SOON FIND OUT.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Medina County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Devine woman charged in neighbor's slaying (Apr '08) Mar '14 Pale Wild Wood Fl... 29
Medina County Busts Auto Shop Owner for Drugs (Feb '09) Jan '14 NBHAs Biological ... 21
Texas school board candidate wins election 1-0 (May '13) May '13 the truth 1
Hondo defamation suit settled (Feb '13) Mar '13 Not surprised 7
A Medina County constable is making it his miss... (Sep '11) Dec '12 Micheal keich 3
Depsite severe weather emergancy siren never we... (Apr '12) Apr '12 Dorotea pedroza 1
Medina Valley EMS sells assets, agrees to audit (Mar '12) Mar '12 what if 5
More from around the web