D'Hanis home daycare under investigation

Jun 8, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: MySanAntonio.com

A D'Hanis daycare operator's husband has told investigators that he sexually abused several children at the home-based business over the past three decades, authorities said Wednesday.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
curious

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2011

oII though he died long time ago.I use to live indhanis
Wannahockaloogie

D Hanis, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2011

Danm basterd
Notjust contreras

New Braunfels, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2011

I know we speak of mr. Contreras as a criminal & we should however, this is NOT the only molester in that town. I too was raped an molested many years ago. The man still lives there . We ALL know for a fact he molested girls and boys which lasted many many years. I was one of the boys then, my sister and cousin were just a couple of the girls. Karma however intervened...he is now living (if u can call it that) with a tbi he sustained many years ago. For those individuals mr contreras abused, it will get better! Do not let him win. You have the power to heal and grow. Seek those who are ready and there to help you. He, thank god lost all his power and in prison he will treated accordingly. The inmates do not take kindly to those who hurt children. My heart goes out to ALL victims of molestation. Let your voice be heard! Do not let familial obligations and intimidation keep this from continuing!
Concerned Citizen

Utopia, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2011

Notjust who is it??? Why did you not let your voice be heard many years ago and save the many others? Is he still abusing?
wow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2011

Notjust contreras wrote:
I know we speak of mr. Contreras as a criminal & we should however, this is NOT the only molester in that town. I too was raped an molested many years ago. The man still lives there . We ALL know for a fact he molested girls and boys which lasted many many years. I was one of the boys then, my sister and cousin were just a couple of the girls. Karma however intervened...he is now living (if u can call it that) with a tbi he sustained many years ago. For those individuals mr contreras abused, it will get better! Do not let him win. You have the power to heal and grow. Seek those who are ready and there to help you. He, thank god lost all his power and in prison he will treated accordingly. The inmates do not take kindly to those who hurt children. My heart goes out to ALL victims of molestation. Let your voice be heard! Do not let familial obligations and intimidation keep this from continuing!
heard they beat da shit out of him in jail send him to da hospital
josie v

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2011

Leave it along and let it drop as i have heard mrcontreras is in jail!!!!!!!!
concern

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2011

What do you mean let it drop?Its not your kids that got hurt,
worried

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2011

Concerned Citizen wrote:
Notjust who is it??? Why did you not let your voice be heard many years ago and save the many others? Is he still abusing?
I would like to know if he is still alive and who it is i have cousins tat live there in d'hanis and worry bout them also. It is only fair to let other people know who it is, i have a grandson and would kill the person who would do that to my grandson.
curious

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2011

You know some people say to let it go and forget.how about the kids will they be able to forget? I hope this animal will get the scare of his life,he always stood at my driveway and just stared at me,now I know why,I am glad he never got to me.I went threw it with other people ,and you never forget,it messes up your life forever .
areyou

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2011

Is this story dead so soon?
wow 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2011

josie v wrote:
Leave it along and let it drop as i have heard mrcontreras is in jail!!!!!!!!
D’HANIS, Texas - A Medina County constable is making it his mission to find more victims who may have been abused at an unlicensed home-run daycare. Constable Stephen Duffy of Precinct 3 has been going down the only business strip in town, posting up these flyers that read,‘if you have ever taken your children to Sophie's at any time, give him a call’.

Constable Duffy said,“We'd like for the parents to come forward, so we can interview the children and find out if anything inappropriate happened to the children”.

Sixty six year old Agapito Contreras has already been arrested on one count of sexual assault of a child under the age of 14. The alleged abuse happened at a home in D’hanis that Contreras shared with his wife.

According to the constable,“it was a home, that was an unlicensed day care, and they had been keeping kids here for approximately five years”.

While the trailer once thrived as a place to care for children, the constable says it was also a thriving place for an alleged child predator.

“There were sometimes 5 or 6 children in the home at a time”.

But, now there are only signs of children who used to play at the home. Jack Armstrong noticed one of the flyers as he was leaving a restaurant in D’hanis.

He said,“I hadn't seen the flyers previously, but it's a shame things like that happen. It will probably be hard to find additional victims because children just keep that quiet”.

Not if Constable Duffy can help it. More victims have already come forward.

“Right now we have five confirmed children that were sexually abused”.

Since Contreras' arrest, the unlicensed day care has been shut. As for his wife who ran it, she remains under investigation by Child Protective Services. Agapito Contreras remains behind bars nearly two months after his arrest. His bond is set at $150,000.
unknow

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2011

Mr. duffy u had no right to put flyers like tat in town, he has been arrested and will be taken care of ur suppose to protect not shame the people of a little town tat everyone nows. Be happy he is behind bars and not hurtin anyone else, leave it alone if there is more children they will come forward but not the way u went about it. It is wrong what u did and how u went bout it, it's bad enough they feel bad of what happend and ur just rubbin it in instead of feeling their sympathy. How would u like it if u did tat and some cop posted a flyer like u did and shame ur family more then what they already have been. LEAVE IT ALONE
HELP THE KIDS

Castroville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2011

If you know of any sexual child abuse in D'Hanis tx please let it be known before it happens to more children, no child deserves to go thru that.
Many years ago my son was attending dhanis elementry when he was being sexual abused by a teacher. Its has affected his life very much, he is still very much hurt about what happend to him and many other boys, the teacher was chevo rivera.
unknown

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2011

he needs to raw in hell if he dnt die of old age he will be when a big dick gos up his a--
unknown

Castroville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2011

NO I HATE TO SAY HE HAS NOT DIED OF OLD AGE, I DONT THINK HE EVEN SERVED TIME FOR MOLESTING THOSE ELEMENTRY BOYS FROM DHANIS. AS A MATTER OF FACT I THINK HE STILL LIVES THERE IN TOWN. THEY WERE GOING TO DEPORT HIM BACK TO MEXICO FOR WHAT HAPPEND LONG AGO, BUT HE PAID THE BOYS WICH R NOW MEN TO LYE IN FRONT OF A JUDGE THAT THEY LIED LONG AGO. I DONT KNOW WHY THEY DID THAT THOU, THEY SHOULD HAVE LET HIS SORRY ASS GET DEPORTED BECUASE NOW CHEVO RIVERA IS STILL IN TOWN AND AROUND ALL OUR YOUNG CHILDREN. BUT I GUESS MONEY WAS MORE INPORTANT TO THEM BECAUSE THOSE MEN DONT HAVE CHILDREN TO WORRY ABOUT. THEY TURNED INTO SORRY ASS CRACK HEADS OF DHANIS, BUT WHAT CAN U EXPECT AFTER GOING WHAT THEY WENT THRU.
whathappen

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2011

did they put contreras in jail for good

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Medina County Discussions

Search the Medina County Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Devine woman charged in neighbor's slaying (Apr '08) Mar 24 Pale Wild Wood Flower 29
Medina County Busts Auto Shop Owner for Drugs (Feb '09) Jan '14 NBHAs Biological Daughter 21
Texas school board candidate wins election 1-0 (May '13) May '13 the truth 1
Hondo defamation suit settled (Feb '13) Mar '13 Not surprised 7
A Medina County constable is making it his miss... (Sep '11) Dec '12 Micheal keich 3
Depsite severe weather emergancy siren never we... (Apr '12) Apr '12 Dorotea pedroza 1
Medina Valley EMS sells assets, agrees to audit (Mar '12) Mar '12 what if 5
•••
•••
•••
•••