Clarksville doctor making amazing recovery

Nov 28, 2007 Full story: Virginia/North Carolina News 160

“The medical examiner did a re-enactment which determined that Gregg was on his back and the bullet entered the frontal lobe on the right side and exited the top left side”

Dr. Gregg Zwilling has a lot to be thankful for this year. Until May 2005, Zwilling was living a peaceful life in Clarksville. via Virginia/North Carolina News

Full Story
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Since: Dec 07

Clarksville, VA

#1 Dec 3, 2007
I wonder why there wasn't anything printed when it happened?

Since: Nov 07

Clarksville VA

#2 Dec 3, 2007
There was. The Sun & Progress both reported on it. But no one really knew what happened so there wasn't much to report.

“confirmer of false reckonings”

Since: Jan 08

Youngsville NC

#3 Jan 10, 2008
I will say this...there is so much more to this story than the reporter was at liberty to print. As for the full story, it should not be swept under the rug
Lake Girl

Martinsville, VA

#4 Jan 16, 2008
Very true. It is hard to believe someone could get away with something like that in this day of forensics, science and technology. Downright scary!
ask him

Crewe, VA

#5 Jan 29, 2008
The gun was never sent to the lab. Ask danny fox why.
moses

United States

#6 Feb 2, 2008
ask him wrote:
The gun was never sent to the lab. Ask danny fox why.
because he needed it it for his collection...
confused

United States

#7 Feb 5, 2008
Lake Girl wrote:
Very true. It is hard to believe someone could get away with something like that in this day of forensics, science and technology. Downright scary!
I don't understand. What happened?
Lake Girl

Gloucester, VA

#8 Feb 6, 2008
Officially, it's all just speculation but he says he didn't shoot himself, so who does that leave? And why wasn't there an investigation at the time? And why isn't that person in jail? Somebody got away with something. Now that the investigation has been reopened, or at least officially changed from suicide to undetermined, maybe something will come of it.
Mississippi Travler

Durham, NC

#9 Feb 10, 2008
Lake Girl wrote:
Officially, it's all just speculation but he says he didn't shoot himself, so who does that leave? And why wasn't there an investigation at the time? And why isn't that person in jail? Somebody got away with something. Now that the investigation has been reopened, or at least officially changed from suicide to undetermined, maybe something will come of it.
There was more than one person involved in the shooting abd since Dr. Z was sleeping he is not one of them.
West Point

AOL

#10 Feb 12, 2008
Mississippi Travler writes "There was more than one person involved in the shooting abd since
Dr. Z was sleeping he is not one of them."
The reporter wrote it was 4:28 AM when the EMS workers arrived, where was his wife at that time in the morning? Did she have a boyfriend?
informed

Richmond, VA

#11 Feb 14, 2008
the truth is the man shot himself It's not a rumor, it's a widely known fact, in certain circles. The problem is, he's too embarrassed to admit that he couldn't get the job done. if you think i'm lying, you're wrong. He was also in trouble at the time, but you don't hear much about that either, do you?
it has ZERO to do with the Sheriffs office, simply put, you dont talk much about suicides or attempts. they happen a lot at the lake, but dont get reported on because good journalists dont talk about it unless there are others at risk when that happens. for instance, look at daniel cho. he's famous now and for all the wrong reasons. all because of his murder suicide. but that's what gets covered. i'm just saying.....

Since: Nov 07

Clarksville VA

#12 Feb 14, 2008
That's just speculation. Just because you call youself "informed" doesn't mean you are. You don't know happened any more than anyone else (except maybe Zwilling's wife).

Here are my thoughts:

1. A doctor would surely know where and how to shoot himself in order to NOT mess it up.

2. Someone who is going to kill themselves in the middle of the night doesn't put their toothguard in place before doing it.

3. He wrote numerous emails to family and friends before going to bed that night about upcoming visits he was going to make.

4. He SAYS he didn't do it (not that he could remember it anyway).

Yet, you don't hear squat from the wife or her boyfriend (who it is rumoured was a cop himself, and possibly first on the scene (?).)

I'm just saying, just because the cops thought it was suicide, doesn't mean they should not do an investigation, gather evidence, etc. Which they did not do.
Puzzled Southner

AOL

#13 Feb 14, 2008
Hey, West Point as far as the boy friends it seems them were a bunch of them, I know about are three.
coulditbe

Crewe, VA

#14 Feb 14, 2008
The way I hear it, the boyfriend was a cop and good friends with a high ranking person at the sheriff's office. I have heard that the gun that was used was sold to the wife by the sheriff. True? I don't know. I was also told that the gun was never sent to the lab and no clearing house form was done. This is the paper work sent into the state to find out where the gun came from and to have a record of what angency has the gun. I don't know for a fact if any of this true. Its just what I was told.
Letthetruthbetol d

United States

#15 Feb 15, 2008
Why doesn't someone find his wife and ask HER what happened. One of her several boyfriends might have an answer, too.
wondering Mom

Lancaster, PA

#16 Feb 19, 2008
Letthetruthbetold wrote:
Why doesn't someone find his wife and ask HER what happened. One of her several boyfriends might have an answer, too.
Excellent point, lot of speculation on the doc, not much on the wife. Funny all is being said bout the wife and a cop, I met this wife with one of her boyfriends and along with another male friend that had previous interest in the wife, I can assure you neither of these men were cops, So how many boyfriends does a wife have?
just curious

Atlanta, GA

#17 Apr 28, 2008
informed...
Suicides happen alot at the lake? Is that a fact? The lake has some magical power that increases the suicide rate versus the surrounding area? Can you document that? The fact that the wife was not in the same bed as her husband at around 4AM AND had a cop for a boyfriend at the time of the shooting sounds much more curious than some suicidal Bermuda triangle at the lake.

“confirmer of false reckonings”

Since: Jan 08

Youngsville NC

#18 Apr 29, 2008
I've heard it before: if you want to commit a crime, Mecklenburg County's the place to do it
its true

Crewe, VA

#19 Jul 18, 2008
full spectrum wrote:
I've heard it before: if you want to commit a crime, Mecklenburg County's the place to do it
Yeh, just look at the sheriff that we have. A crook with small man complex.
shirleybug

Bullock, NC

#20 Aug 20, 2008
full spectrum wrote:
I've heard it before: if you want to commit a crime, Mecklenburg County's the place to do it
Yeah for you,,,I have heard that too,,,just ask a certain Mrs. R. Gupton,,,and many more,,,,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mecklenburg County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ruff ranks high on gift-taking list (Feb '14) Feb '14 Warren 1
John Lewis Hayes aka Lewis Lester Hayes (Dec '09) Sep '13 bill hayes 3
Western Albemarle High School Principal Announc... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Good luck 1
Fighting for safety of children with Mecklenbur... (Feb '11) Feb '11 Angela Sabal 1
Clarksville Council rejects Grace Stone request (Dec '10) Jan '11 Silly Me1 3
Microsoft Picks Virginia Over Alamance Co. (Sep '10) Sep '10 -a-a-a- 10
Microsoft to Build Giant Data Center in Virginia (Aug '10) Aug '10 true 1
•••

Mecklenburg County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••