Chase City ethanol plant put on hold

Oct 28, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Virginia/North Carolina News

The bio energy fuel manufacturer proposing to build an ethanol plant in Chase City told The Enterprise Tuesday the project has been put "on hold" due to the current ecoomic climate.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
SinisterFate

Winchester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2008

So it appears that all of the controversy was much ado about nothing now.
Rowdy Roddy Piper

Gloucester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2008

From the way I see it those folks that moaned and planted signs opposing the thing should be very happy now. So, what did this do to the local economy. Instead of breaking ground in Mecklenburg County in January Osage will be breaking ground in South Carolina. Instead of spending 150 million in construction in the Chase City area they will spend that money hundreds of miles from Chase City. Instead of buying gas, food, supplies, groceries, renting ore buying homes here they will do that elsewhere. Instead of putting and industrial waterline here they won't. Instead of buying $100,000.00 of Chase City "brown water" the town can now continue in the red. Break out the fireworks all of you antis, you have reason to celebrate. Anyone want to watch as the ship, Chase City, slowly sinks. And this time we can't blame the officials of CC. They tried like the devil to get this here.
SinisterFate

Winchester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2008

Agreed!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Mecklenburg County Discussions

Search the Mecklenburg County Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Ruff ranks high on gift-taking list Feb '14 Warren 1
Clarksville doctor making amazing recovery (Dec '07) Jan '14 Mindi Truitt 160
John Lewis Hayes aka Lewis Lester Hayes (Dec '09) Sep '13 bill hayes 3
Western Albemarle High School Principal Announc... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Good luck 1
Fighting for safety of children with Mecklenbur... (Feb '11) Feb '11 Angela Sabal 1
Clarksville Council rejects Grace Stone request (Dec '10) Jan '11 Silly Me1 3
Microsoft Picks Virginia Over Alamance Co. (Sep '10) Sep '10 -a-a-a- 10
•••
•••
•••
•••