in-House VS. Away: Retreats to cost t...

in-House VS. Away: Retreats to cost taxpayers $45,000

There are 1 comment on the Charlotte.com story from Jan 30, 2008, titled in-House VS. Away: Retreats to cost taxpayers $45,000. In it, Charlotte.com reports that:

“We're all very sensitive that it costs more”

Charlotte city and school board leaders are spending about $45,000 this month traveling out of town for retreats -- a practice some government agencies have abandoned to save money.

The City Council is expected to spend the most -- $34,000 -- on its three-day retreat beginning Wednesday at the Grandover Resort in Greensboro. That includes up to $19,000 to pay a consultant to lead the daily sessions.

The Charlotte-Mecklenburg school board spent about $11,000 on its two-day retreat that ended Saturday, including $5,500 on a consultant. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Charlotte.com.

Trouble stopper

Monroe, NC

#1 Feb 1, 2008
I read something one time that makes more sense the older I get. "Those that can't do, teach and those that can't teach, administrate." It's a shame that our elected officials have all broken their moral integrity and have become prostitutes for a system that seems to be getting worse. It is not money thrown at something, but morality that can turn our issues around.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mecklenburg County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News McCrory signs bill to undo Charlotte's non-disc... Mar '16 Yakitori 14
News The Latest: North Carolina senator defends marr... Dec '15 WeTheSheeple 4
News North Carolina National Guard medic shoots intr... Nov '15 Advents 1
Tamil women/girls are too bossy (Oct '15) Oct '15 Girl 1
Looking to connect with the Comic Book Communit... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Colossalarts 1
News Leveling the playing field: Airbnb starts colle... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Sabrina 4
News Belmont City Council votes to fire police chief (Jun '15) Jun '15 Just Saying 5
More from around the web